• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you guys getting the Japanese version first?

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Hardly. Yeah, the flaming is over the top a little, but it's not wrong for the idea of getting the game only a couple of weeks early (in a different language, no less) and even spending extra money to do so to seem...wrong.
But why does it have to seem "wrong", in the first place? Is it all of a sudden a crime, to be able to spend my hard-earned money, as I **** well please?

After all, to put it bluntly, video gaming in itself is a hobby, no matter how much people may try to think of it as "serious business". However much you're willing to spend on in it, be it through time, money, effort, etc., it all comes with the territory of it being such a privilege.

So, why pour the haterade on for some one who has the means to, basically, spend his money, as he sees fit? It's tantamount to hating on the players who are willing to spend copious amounts of time with the game, in order to get to the competitive level. Same concept, just a different resource being given to the hobby, to the level that the individual prefers.

You don't have to understand it, and you don't have to necessarily agree with it, either. But again, it all boils down to how a person wishes to spend his resources for his hobby, and that's his choice. To that end, what fault can another find in that light?

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
If I really have trouble with the menus, I can always just refer to the Dojo for navigation. I probably won't (since almost every button has some easily recognizable graphic next to it), but the option is always there.

Replacement100

Smash Apprentice
Hold on, do you even have a Japanese Wii?
Because if you don't, then you won't be able to play your Brawl...
I'd rather wait 2 weeks, than have an extra Wii and minus $200

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
Yep. Me and John (Fireball_Mario or something on smashboards) are gonna be taping it and everything.

Expect daily Japanese Brawl updates. A 10-minute video of Subspace Emissary and a 10-minute video of Versus mode sparring.

Then again, I can't promise daily. Our high school/college schedules may not "mesh." However, I'll try to put out videos as often as possible.

By the way: I'm slightly above the average noob (I know of all the advanced techniques, but haven't actually practiced them), whereas John usually SHFFLs.
Nobody cares. I seriously agree with Tpoto. Donating $50 to charity instead of buying it twice would be such a better idea.

Besides, do you even have a mod chip or a Japanese Wii?

tutata

Smash Ace
Why would you do that how dare you think you can compete with one of the pros if u got 2 weeks over them. They got years of experience and probly woop on you in 2 weeks. Well you didint say pros but if u wanna have the edge on anyone it be them.

Mzero

Smash Cadet
the thread went from "F U for trying to get an advantage thread" to "leave him alone please" to "oh yea, u asked if i'm gettting the japanese game?"

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Well, i'm looking forward to see some videos from you, just because download speeds on my Utorrent are so freaking slow :D

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Nobody cares. I seriously agree with Tpoto. Donating $50 to charity instead of buying it twice would be such a better idea.
Donating $50 to charity instead of buying the game AT ALL would be better than buying it. Hell, sell your Wii and donate the money to charity. And everything you do for fun.

Top Bottom