• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

are you a left hander or right hander?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
moving your left thumb quickly is definitely more important than moving your right thumb quickly so I can see where left handed people could have an advantage.

lol at chudats post.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I draw, write and eat with my left hand.

I masturbate and do everything else with my right hand.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I'm a lefty, so I'm almost always at an advantage, unless someone gives me a pair of scissors.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't always masturbate

but when I do, I use my right hand

*:troll:*

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Armada is a beast enough Peach to break his theory. Even Ken couldn't have predicted that.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm a lefty. I wish I was both handed so my right hand can write on the left and my left can draw on the right.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
sick, too much info
the name 'anal alan' is too much info lol.

and I'm left handed yo. I think that handedness doesn't really give an advantage as both sides of the controller are.. erm needed I guess. I main L for everything, probably because im a lefty

joeplicate

Smash Master
i swear playing smash has made me more ambidextrous

i've messed around with using L vs R for wavedashing, shielding, l-canceling, etc
and grabbing the controller different ways, pushing the buttons with different parts of my thumb
(protip: stick with the one you start with/whatever's most comfortable)

it ****s with your tech skill but i swear
when i started learning L-only tech skill, it felt like i was becoming ambidextrous

sometimes i used to practice switching triggers for different functions, and i swear it felt like different parts of my brain were activating LOL

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm ambidextrous. Have been my entire life.

...Though my first grade teacher for some reason forced me to learn to write using only one of my hands. **** sucks.

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
left handed, don't use button jumps, all movement on analog stick. It honestly doesn't really affect my tech skill, i've just grown accustom to waveshining around with the analog stick. LEFT POWER.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I'm right handed so I only use R as my shoulder button. L-cancelling is for Brawl players, R-cancelling for life.

Chim

Smash Rookie
I almost completely forget I have hands while playing smash.
This seems to have developed from playing piano for god knows how long...

I also tap jump consistently with the number of times I use the X button. I figure my brain has to be making some sense of which one to use; I just haven't gone out of my way to learn what it is. O_o

hmmm, does being a left hander give you more of an advantage playing smash or being a right hander?

i am a right hander so i want to see how many left handers there are. i know for a fact that left handers have better manueverbility with their characters.
Keeping this thread alive since '04 ;)

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
lol it would be awesome if ken logged into smashboards randomly and saw that one of his threads was still alive

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
im right handed and if i ever have to play a pc game where the arrow keys are to move, i cross my arms.

right hand controls are the suck.

But, I think being right handed makes it a little more comfortable

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
This thread: a summary

12/05/04
Maybe Ken was just bored and hadn't developed enough of an internet sense to know when a topic won't spur discussion. Whatever the reason, he starts this stinker of a thread, and unwittingly seals his doom, being forever remembered for having started one of the worst threads ever to plague Smashboards for all eternity. The thread lives for a couple weeks, long after the topic has been rendered comatose by its own inanity, sustained only by the posts of random scrubs who want to be able to say they posted in one of sephirothken's threads (I'll never clear my browser cache ever again!).

03/15/06
I can't tell if fluffy is this pathetic of a Ken fanboy to post in a thread TWO YEARS after it died, or if he's just a truly brilliant troll, seeing the chance to remind us all that, even if only once in his life, Ken was a total freaking knob. (Well, okay twice; Survivor: Gabon was one huge kludge of stupidity.) Either way, he makes a beatifully worded post about Ken's coolness, bringing this stunted discussion back to the misery of its pathetic life.

Magically, as though the thread had never died, terrible posts once again keep the thread at the top of the pile, letting everyone know that yes, most of us are right-handed. NO ONE EVEN NOTICES how old the thread is until Vall3y rightfully points out how utterly idiotic the reason for reviving the thread is. Ken himself even points out how inexplicable it is that people are actually still talking about this crap. Once people realize the topic is already dead, they blissfully continue to cudgel its decayed remains, like it was a living blob of stupid. Over the rest of 2006, the thread is revived three separate times without anyone noticing, before again succumbing to the unholy slumber of the undead.

07/20/08
Suffice to say, Vodage lives in a state of superposition over the dimension of time. This is why he has no comprehension of the fact that he has just revived a twice dead and horribly mutilated topic. For him, this thread is neither alive nor dead; it simply is. Once again, the denizens of Smash World Forums are completely unperturbed by the topic's disfigured form, and continue to desecrate its animated corpse.

Five months later, the thread is passing once again, but is rudely awakened by two ****ing words, that not only stand to reason, but contribute absolutely nothing to any semblance of discussion that remains in the thread. It is only during this next flurry of slowpoke Ken fanboy posts someone realizes how much of a dinosaur this thread is. And still, people act like there's still some deep, unexplored depth to plumb in the muddy salt flat that is the topic. (How many unique metaphors can I use? Who's counting?) As a much appreciated Christmas gift, the thread again passes from our realm. But not in vain.

09/06/11
Like all good horror films, this thread has decided 2011 is a great year for a truly embarrassing reboot. And Caprisun is its first unfortunate victim. Poor guy. Maybe it's because we've all finally grown, and most of us know when there's honestly nothing left to discuss in a topic. Maybe we're all just jaded, and feel like dismissing a thread simply because it's old. Whatever the reason, people actually point out fairly early on that this thread is absurdly old. One of us (yours truly) even suggests that it might be a good idea to lock thread, because it's clearly very dead, and people who keep talking about it could probably go bust a nut in the time it took them to post here, and they'd still be more productive (frequent ejaculation reduces risk of prostate cancer--look it up).

Due to the obscenely high levels of banality in this thread, and the fact that if we don't kill it dead this time, it could still come back to haunt us, I submit that this thread be locked. Thank you for your consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom