• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any completely random characters you would like to see announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
As the release date approaches, we are finding out the rest of the characters. There is a lot of talk about ones like Ridley and Mewtwo, but are there any characters who no one is expecting, that you would like to see Nintendo announce?? If so who are they?

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I would like to see Toad or even Captain Toad to go along with the new game, however i dont know what moves he would have.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Professor Layton, although I don't know if a lot of people are rooting for him.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
My ultimate pipe dream would be Quote, from Cave Story.

Indie support would be amazing for Smash--especially since Cave Story has had many ports on various Nintendo consoles.

Last edited:

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629
Jack Frost, from Shin Megami Tensei.

You know, because of SMTxFE.

(I'd actually settle for just a Trophy.)

Last edited:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Rundas (Ice climbers aint got nothing on this cool guy) :denzel:

Jumpin' Jim Rivers (Wipesout! Eats dirt! Gets a soil sample!) :yeahboi:
Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors. (Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper was a thing?) :drshrug:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I could name a few ones, and with a bit of reasoning!

(Small fun Game inside of spoiler)

Let's make it a bit interessting with "Guess who/Who am I?" before you open!

"Traveling the Galaxy is what I do, but when I got time, I come down to Earth to play some...Mini-Games"...

Orbulon

So Orbulon from WarioWare would be a very benefitting character. I think not only would he be unique, but he would not be seen coming. Moveset can vary from various of WarioWare games, which they got a lot of stuff to take from and make something way different from what we got right now. It gives Orbulon a good reason to be in Smash. Plus he could be considered an "Anti-Hero"

----------

Round 2

"One could argue that I have a heart of gold, making people safe is what I like, but if I want, I can also destroy it"...

Doshin the Giant

Even tho he is called a "Giant", he does not start out as one. So there would be no need to re-scale him really. The more love he gains the bigger he grows. So letting him become a GIANT is a great final smash, Ooor it could be the Devil Version of Doshin in some form, anyways he is a really cool character that are not called for.

--------

Round 3 ~

"I might be young, but I still can prove my point, that I have done in Kartin and Sports events before... But wait, I'm not alone!"...

Baby Mario & Baby Luigi

When it comes to tag team characters that would be interessting, I'd say Baby Bros would deffenently be interessting! They could help Yoshi with representing the series and the verve they have as of how important the babies are to the franchise!

----
Round 4

"I tend not to talk that much. How you could understand me is even weirder, I'm an alien after all.. But what planet I'm from I don't tell.. I just collect my bounty and leave"...

Sylux

'

Metroid does deserve to have something more than just Samus herself, and if Ridley can't do it, it should not stop the chances of the Bounty Hunters. Sylux seems to be the most popular, so I'd say he be right candidate ~

----

Round 5

"If that clone thing of that Angel boy think he is more important than me! Then he can vanish! I thought people knew how important vegetables were!"...

Eggplant Wizard

The design is funny, and I think he could bring a lot of unique moves to the table. Even tho Kid Icarus is getting more crowded, I'd hope for Eggplant Wizard for Smash 5.

-------

Round 6

"Falcon Punch? I'd rather give you Falcon for lunch... After this... I'd be the only Falcon you need"

Blood Falcon

With all the clone characters appearing in the game, who would not want Blood Falcon? Maybe someone favors Black Shadow instead, but I'd think that if they can nail Doc M and Dark Pit, they could nail the coffin with the baddie Blood.

-----

Round 7

"The Blue haired prince might have killed us dragons before. But with my magic, I can always come back"....

Medeus

Honestly, Fire Emblem in Smash is desplayed as "SWORD" Users only... Robin gave us a bit of Magic, but what about more magic? And A PURPLE DRAGON?! Medeus is great character design in my opinion and would translate well into Smash.

------

Round 8

"Finally a female in this round... I'm known to be around boys in the battlefield anyways so I guess it's common"

Sami

I think the Advance Wars should be represented in the series, just as Golden Sun. But Isaac is more popular, so I'd rather talk about a less spoken character and series, and that would be Sami. I think Andy would be cool as well, but I think Sami would be a better character.

-------
Round 9

"This character does not talk. But is no strangers to Smasher. You have seen him, but mostly beated (Their asses)"

Primid

He might not speak, but he is well known as the most common enemy in Super Smash Bros Brawl. I think he is a cool design which could be a pretty solid character if given the chance, plus it would be the first Smash Bros character to be playable in Smash Bros.

-------

FINAL ROUND

"We should have been part of the First Smash Bros tournoment, but somehow we did not. Now it's too late, because bloody MICROSOFT bought us out... Yeah we are 2"

No Surprise! Banjo & Kazooie

Yeah... It's true, and obvious. They should have been in Smash from before, and that never happened.. Nintendo should have bought the rights to Banjo long time ago.

[Thank You for playing, Guess who! You deserve a cookie <3]

Last edited:

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Sami from Advance Wars
Sami and Andy are definitely on my list. But highly doubt they'll make it to the roster.

Also would like to see Wonder Red and the Inklings but I see them released in a DLC pack dedicated to characters from newer Nintendo franchises.

Then you have Zelda, I really wanted Tingle (but he is an AT). So that leaves Impa (who has quite a lot of support) and Vaati (who would probably be my favorite Zelda rep, with the exception of Tingle). Regardless I think Zelda deserves at least one more rep.

And then you have the characters that will never ever make it to Smash, all being third party. And those would be; Neku, Adam Jensen and Jade (from Beyond Good & Evil)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Aside from the ones in my sig I'd be pretty down with seeing any of this unlikely lot;

1. Captain Syrup
  2. Medusa
  3. Andy
  4. Sami(or any Wars character)
  5. Roy. Since Doc's back.
  6. Pichu. Since Doc's back.
  7. Chibi Robo
  8. Doshin the Giant
  9. Blastoise
  10. Sceptile
  11. Captain Rainbow
There's plenty of characters I wouldn't mind seeing that are pretty random honestly.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Duck Hunt is pretty wacky in my book. It's a real shame his surprise was spoiled by the leak.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
There's a few, so I'm creating yet another top 5 list:

1. Marina Liteyears
2. Ganbare Goemon
3. Rocket Slime
4. Lip
5. Bub

Now the soundtracks to some of these characters are absolutely incredible, especially Mischief Makers and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. I would want them for that reason alone, but they're great characters in their own right and would be worth it from a gameplay perspective.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)
Inkling (Splatoon)
Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
Mallo (Pushmo)
Ray Mk II (Custom Robo)
Anna (Fire Emblem)
Tiki (Fire Emblem)
Lip (Panel de Pon)
Andy (Advance Wars)
Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow)

Fun times for all, y'know? ;3

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Grovyle from PMD:exploler the sky (he is better than sceptile he have anime he is the main charcter in 3 games and we dont have any PMD charcter also grovyle will have move Dig:smirk:)
Goku from yuyuki (i just want to see DBZ fans reaction for seeing him in SSB4:awesome:)
Mallow from SMRPG (i know it will never happen :c but i request geno for SSB4 and everyone pick geno over mallow but i would love to see both of them)
Harry from teleroboxer (if you dont know him then i will tell you that he is a retro nintendo charcter and he is the main charcter in that game and he is villan at same time :shades: his game is on virtual boy but... HE IS TOO BIG :facepalm:)
Captian Rainbow (i just want to say... :colorful:RAINBOW PUNCH:colorful:)
Thunderus from pokemon ( i know i know i know... its VERY RANDOM and it will NEVER happen :facepalm: but he is my favorite legendairy pokemon i wish i could see his moves in SSB4 and he wont be a clone of :4pikachu: or :4robinm:he is going to get his own moves)
Culex from SMRPG (well...i can dream right?:upsidedown:)

Last edited:

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Professor Layton and Mike Jones. I feel like nobody cares about StarTropics except me...

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Isabelle from Animal Crossing is the only random reveal that I would like to see. :c
I revise my previous opinions. I will take this to go, please.

With a side order of Wonder Red, Inkling, Layton, Mallo, et al.

She really is becoming something of a dark horse, though. She's got potential. ^_^

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
The only really out-of-left field character I'd like to see is a second Pokémon that plays something like Squirtle or Pichu (minus self-damage), and I think Emolga would fill that space nicely. I'm kind of disappointed at the lack of Pikaclone presence in Brawl and Smash 4 (in the Pachirisu, Emolga, Dedenne, etc. sense, not necessarily the Smash clone sense), especially given how much prominence they have had in Pokémon-related media (lots of stuff in Art Academy, a stage in Trozei, most if not all featured fairly prominently in the anime / movies).

Just looking at the newcomers thus far, none of them really look like they're going to have that super-mobile, rapid-firing but weak aerial game that I liked in Squirtle and Pichu's playstyle.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Weell, my most RANDOM inclusions, I had to say that are:

-Captain N
Because this guy, to me, is the figurehead of Nintendo cartoons. Nintendo has had several TV shows since the late 80's/90's. Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Legend of Zelda, Captain N, (they were a trio by DIC entertainment), then Pokemon, the most successful one so far, F-Zero and Kirby anime, and some Donkey Kong shows as well.
The only one NOT present in Smash Bros. is Captain N. And it would mean a LOT to me if one of my favorite childhood Nintend cartoons made it in. And since Captain N was made by a NINTENDO employee, he's technically a 1st party comic/cartoon character. :)

-Nester / (Lark in Pilotwings)
Almost the same case as Captain N, but his comic book counterpart. He was the mascot of Nintendo Power magazine. He had a segment in the magazine called "Howard and Nester" which featured a brief story about them inside a random videogame, where they would provide hints. But most of the time he had some crazy plan backfiring on him, and making his rival Howard look better.

These two could get in under the same conditions that R.O.B. got in. R.O.B. was a toy, later turned videogame character. Nester at least has been a videogame character in two incartnations, 1.- Pilotwings when he was named Lark. And 2.- in a Virtual Boy game called Nester's Funky Bowling.
Captain N has appeared in a Cartoon and Comic book.
Both Nintendo properties.

If I had to choose my 3rd and last random inclusion... Michael Jones from StarTropics. He s so unknown, that he could basically be considered a really random inclusion.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Four actually:

1. Hero/Heroine from Magical Starsign
  2. Mokka from Magical Starsign
  3. Kat & Ana from Wario Ware
  4. Sami from Advance Wars

Last edited:

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Weell, my most RANDOM inclusions, I had to say that are:

-Captain N
Because this guy, to me, is the figurehead of Nintendo cartoons. Nintendo has had several TV shows since the late 80's/90's. Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Legend of Zelda, Captain N, (they were a trio by DIC entertainment), then Pokemon, the most successful one so far, F-Zero and Kirby anime, and some Donkey Kong shows as well.
The only one NOT present in Smash Bros. is Captain N. And it would mean a LOT to me if one of my favorite childhood Nintend cartoons made it in. And since Captain N was made by a NINTENDO employee, he's technically a 1st party comic/cartoon character. :)

-Nester / (Lark in Pilotwings)
Almost the same case as Captain N, but his comic book counterpart. He was the mascot of Nintendo Power magazine. He had a segment in the magazine called "Howard and Nester" which featured a brief story about them inside a random videogame, where they would provide hints. But most of the time he had some crazy plan backfiring on him, and making his rival Howard look better.

These two could get in under the same conditions that R.O.B. got in. R.O.B. was a toy, later turned videogame character. Nester at least has been a videogame character in two incartnations, 1.- Pilotwings when he was named Lark. And 2.- in a Virtual Boy game called Nester's Funky Bowling.
Captain N has appeared in a Cartoon and Comic book.
Both Nintendo properties.

If I had to choose my 3rd and last random inclusion... Michael Jones from StarTropics. He s so unknown, that he could basically be considered a really random inclusion.
YES!!! Another person that likes StarTropics! You're my new friend now lol

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Ya'll don't know about the Elite Beat ****ing Agents

Last edited:

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
I am a serious advocate of Epona becomming a newcomer.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
My ultimate pipe dream would be Quote, from Cave Story.

Indie support would be amazing for Smash--especially since Cave Story has had many ports on various Nintendo consoles.
This so much. If Quote was in Smash, I think I'd cry tears of joy. I seriously don't think it's going to happen, but if it did... I'd be ridiculously happy.

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Hector from Fire Emblem would be awesome, and he wouldn't be another blue-haired swordsman....

He'd be a blue-haired axeman! Plus it would be cool for the U.S. to get an FE rep from the first FE game released here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom