• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any completely random characters you would like to see announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Sandbag
Inkling
Shovel Knight
Vaati
Blue Pig Ganon
Bomberman
Substitute Doll
Tyranitar
Gengar
Snorlax
I could just keep going...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Master Blaster or Sophia the 3rd, from Master Blaster.

Micah, from Rune Factory 3 (no transforming characters, so just stick him in Golden Wooly form).
Raven, from Rune Factory 3 As an Assist Trophy, please.

Edea Lee, from Bravely Default.

Ostrich Riding Knight, from Joust.

Carmen Sandiego, from her SNES appearance in Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego. Because stylish.

Lemmings, from Lemmings (NES, SNES, GameBoy, just pick one). As an Assist Trophy.

Q*bert, from Q*bert, as an Assist Trophy.

Bub and Bob, from Bubble Bobble.

Dig Dug, from Dig Dug II.

Hudson Hawk, from Hudson Hawk.

Shantae, from Shantae.

Bucky O'Hare, from Bucky O'Hare.

Gravity Armor Metal Storm, from Metal Storm.

Ah, the naming conventions of the NES. But, yeah, I think that's enough for this post. More later.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Cooking Mama, Shantae and Mini Kangaroo.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
My ultimate character would be Bub from Bubble Bobble:bubblebobble:

My main for all games has been Jigglypuff :jigglypuff: But I would have to alternate if he got in.

Also any of these pokemon would be awesome.... And random haha:123::093::089:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Completely random?
Allecat

there is also some moveset potential here, not too much, but it's here (releasing gifts, using the broom as B+up, the cupid room as final smash, etc.).
I'd like to smash Duck Hunt Dog's face with this adoable little kitty.

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Red the Hunter from Solatorobo, that game for nintendo ds was great, and he would have a very complete moveset as some of you might know from playing the game

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Let's see...
-Knuckles: Gliding and punching would be his base. As a classic platforming character, it "just works".

-Crono: If you've played Chrono Trigger you know it's such a fantastic character idea! If you haven't, I pity you.

-Hector: AXES!!! Throwing axes, smashing axes, shield breaking axes, JUST ALL THE AXES!!! It fits Smash fantastically.

-Simon Belmont: Whips, magic, Metroidvania! It just makes too much sense! Plus the Samus vs. Simon match would finally happen!

-Plusle & Minun: They are tag team characters (press down B to switch) and you switch to one if the one you control gets KO'd. Their moves would have reverse strengths. For instance, Plusle's up smash would KO foes. Minun's up smash would launch foes to setup combos/chases. This is my favorite idea for any moveset, skillset, and playstyle I've help come up with for any character.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In terms of playables, just two really: Neku Sakuraba and
Mechon!Fiora.
For the latter, I think she'd be more likely than XCX's Elma if XC were to have a second playable rep (most likely in the form of DLC though).

....Well you did say random and unexpected...let me dream ok?

Khao

Smash Lord
STRIKE THE EARTH!

DIG IN!

FOR SHOVELRY!

Shovel Knight is one of the best thing to happen to gaming recently, if he got in the game in any form, I'd go crazy.

Just imagine an Assist Trophy of this guy.

If he ever becomes a playable character, I don't think I'd ever play as anybody else.

Especially since that'd mean there'd be some remastered Shovel Knight music in the game oh my god.

He's far too recent and niche for it to happen anytime soon, though. Shovel Knight would probably have to become an established, widely known franchise for there to even be a reference to the game.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
He's far too recent and niche for it to happen anytime soon, though. Shovel Knight would probably have to become an established, widely known franchise for there to even be a reference to the game.
Not necessarily. I think if Nintendo ever were to choose a character to highlight their relationship with indie developers (another important part of Nintendo, just as Wii Fit Trainer represents more than just a game), Shovel Knight is definitely a prominent choice there.

Too recent, but definitely a possibility if that part of Nintendo gets some representation.

Chase

Smash Ace
The Rock's head on the muffin man's body and he's riding on a Shamu and Shamu opens his mouth and Iron Man comes out and says "who ordered the fish and chips?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom