• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any characters you want that nobody else wants?

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
As you can tell from my signature, I'm choosing Crypto from Destroy All Humans. His guns include the Zap-O-Matic (self-explanatory), disintegrator ray which fires 3 pellets of molten balls, Ion Detonator which is pretty much a grenade launcher, Disclocator Ray fires discs which flies into an object then sends that object flying throughout the air in random patterns, a gun that shoots out Gastro who is a holobob with a rapid-fire gun and explosives, etc. There is also his iconic anal probe, though there is no way that is getting into Smash. Point is, he has ridiculously fun moveset potential, with some good songs and plenty of stage choices like a farm, circus, military base, Furon home planet, etc.

The thing that kills him is that he is basically not iconic enough. Yes the trailer for the new game has 3.3 million views which is awesome, but his games were never anything significant culturally. What also doesn't help is that he only had one game on a Nintendo console and the new game isn't coming to Switch.

SoaPuffball

Smash Cadet
barely anyone supports kiran from fire emblem. yes i know there are a ton of fire emblem characters, but he can have a gun for their neutral special i’m serious. not only would they be one of the only few good mobile reps to be chosen (along with fjorm, veronica, and euden), they also represents the mostly mobile-locked gacha type of game plus they’ll have a nice moveset potential with hero summoning and whatnot

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I feel like nobody wants the Animal Trio (Rick, Kine, and Coo) and I don't get why? they could have a unique moveset and give us some representation of non-Sakurai Kirby games.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I now unapologetically want the Balloon Fighter, since he was considered for Melee. I even made a moveset for him:
Who?: The Balloon Fighter is player 1 of the NES game Balloon Fight. It was originally released in 1984 for the arcades as Vs. Balloon Fight, and was ported to the NES less than two years later.

Importance to Nintendo: The Balloon Fighter was a trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee, and so was the Flipper as well as an item. The fighter himself was considered to be playable in Melee, only to be dropped in favor of the Ice Climbers. The Flipper had not been an item since Melee. In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, the original Balloon Fight game is a playable stage, and was eventually ported over to Ultimate.

Intro: Balloon Fighter inflates his two balloons posthaste and straps them to his back.

Stance/Idle 1: Balloon Fighter hops up from left to right very shortly.

Idle 2: Balloon Fighter floats in the air for a little bit.

Idle 3: Balloon Fighter nearly trips, floats up, and then gets back on the ground.

Notable Palette Swaps: Player 1, Player 2, Green Enemy, White Enemy, Alice, Urban Champion, Bubbles (Clu Clu Land), Mach Rider

Walk: Balloon Fighter skips and hops shortly up.

Dash: Balloon Fighter dashes with his balloons behind him, using them as brakes when he stops.

Damage: The death animation from Balloon Fight, with an altered version of the accompanying sound effect.

Jump: Balloon Fighter can jump up to seven times, at a relatively short height with each jump.

Crouch: The crouch an enemy does when they inflate their balloons.

Weapon of Choice: The Balloon Fighter is mostly physical, but uses his balloons as well.

Basic Attacks:
Jab: Balloon Fighter bumps forward similar to how he pushes forward to pop balloons in the original game (4%, nonexistent knockback)
Forward+A: Balloon Fighter bobs his balloons in front of him (6%, small knockback)
Down+A: Balloon Fighter pumps down a balloon pump and lets air out (5%, small knockback)
Up+A: Balloon Fighter rubs his balloons together very briefly, letting out a small electric shock (8%, small knockback)

Air+A: Balloon Fighter shoots out small bubbles from his mouth (6%, small knockback)
Air Forward+A: Balloon Fighter swings forward (8%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Balloon Fighter swings backwards (8%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Balloon Fighter spins his balloons together to create a slightly bigger electric shockwave (11%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Balloon Fighter lets air out of his balloons and drops down (14% with a meteor effect, medium knockback)

Dash Attack: Balloon Fighter flaps his arms as he floats forward (9%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Balloon Fighter lets a little bit of air out and dashes forward, pushing enemies out of the way (no damage, OK knockback)

Smash Moves:
Forward+A: Balloon Fighter tries to stop a Flipper, only to be caught by it (15%, medium knockback)
Up+A: Balloon Fighter charges electricity by rubbing his balloons together, only to be shocked back (18%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Balloon Fighter rubs his balloons together, and slams them on the ground (17%, medium knockback)

Grabs:
Neutral: Balloon Fighter grabs with both hands
Grab+punch: Balloon Fighter headbutted the opponent (3%)
Forwards+Throw: Balloon Fighter traps the opponent in a bubble and sends them forward (4%)
Down+Throw: Balloon Fighter spins on the opponent's chest (18%, small knockback)
Back+Throw: Balloon Fighter turns into a Flipper and sends the opponent backwards (9-11%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Balloon Fighter whacks his balloons together and shocks the opponent (13%, OK knockback)

Special Moves:

B : Spark; Balloon Fighter rubs his balloons together to charge electricity. At small charge, the spark goes a short distance and disappears (5%, small knockback). At medium charge, the spark homes in on a random opponent and zaps them (10%, small knockback). At full charge, the spark travels toward the direction Balloon Fighter is facing until it hits, and zaps multiple times (4% each, 20% total; medium knockback).
B + Forwards : Flipper; Balloon Fighter throws a Flipper a set distance like a boomerang (9-11%, OK knockback). If the control stick is flicked backwards, it will come back automatically (13%, OK knockback). When Balloon Fighter crouches, the Flipper stays in place.
B + Up : Inflate; Balloon Fighter inflates his balloons as he flies up. This increases the height of your normal jumping, but if you let them inflate for too long, they'll pop. Luckily, you have a parachute that can steer you horizontally so you don't fall.
B + Down : Balloon Rush; Balloon Fighter lets a good amount of air out of his balloons and charges into enemies (17%, OK knockback). Of course, you'll need to inflate the balloons again if you want to properly jump, as your jump height will be almost nonexistent when your balloons are deflated.

Final Smash: The Fish; a giant stream appears and Balloon Fighter flies away as fast as he can. A giant fish jumps up and eats anyone in its way (22%) and spits them out towards the other side of the screen (34%, far knockback)

Gimmick: The amount of air left in your balloons is indicated by their size. If there's too little air, they'll be small. If there's too much air, they'll be big (and pop, as mentioned earlier).

Taunts:

1: The balloons come off, but Balloon Fighter jumps up and straps them back on.
2: Balloon Fighter swings back and forth as if he's on swings.
1+2: Balloon Fighter does a twirl around with the balloons on his back.

Winposes:

1: Balloon Fighter is asleep, but then wakes up realizing he's floating away and tries to get back on the ground.
2: Balloon Fighter inflates his balloons to the max, only for them to pop so hard he gets pushed back by the air.
3: Balloon Fighter floats past an array of balloons, smiling in amazement.

Icon: The balloons used for the Balloon Fight stage.

Boxing Ring Title: An NES Pop Star

Victory Music: A combination of the victory themes for normal stages and bonus stages.

Kirby Hat: Balloon Fighter's helmet.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I feel like nobody wants the Animal Trio (Rick, Kine, and Coo) and I don't get why? they could have a unique moveset and give us some representation of non-Sakurai Kirby games.
id like them too, but they are a little ways down the list of my wanted kirby characters

I now unapologetically want the Balloon Fighter, since he was considered for Melee. I even made a moveset for him:
i believe the balloon fighter has quite a few supporters

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I’m a big retro fan, and honestly I think Urban Champion would be a perfect addition to the roster.

I mean it really feels like the character was created to become a Smash fighter, just look at the objective of his game, punch someone until he’s off-screen, doesn’t that sound familiar?
Plus he could come with a really cool stage based on his game, with angry people throwing vases at you from a window as stage hazards (maybe police cars arriving and taking you off-stage too)

But nope, everyone shouts out that he shouldn’t/can’t come because his game sucked. Seriously, what did people expect, it was the early days of the NES! Ice Climber is certainly no masterpiece either!!

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh, really? Is there a support thread, yet?
ive definitely seen it

I’m a big retro fan, and honestly I think Urban Champion would be a perfect addition to the roster.

I mean it really feels like the character was created to become a Smash fighter, plus he could come with a really cool stage based on his game, with angry people throwing vases at you from a window as stage hazards (maybe police cars arriving and taking you off-stage too)

But nope, everyone shouts out that he shouldn’t/can’t come because his game sucked. Seriously, what did people expect, it was the early days of the NES! Ice Climber is certainly no masterpiece either!!
trust me you are not the only one who wants him

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
The only characters I feel I'm probably nearly completely on my own for are:
Quinty from Quinty/Mendel Palace
She's the antagonist in Game Freak's first game, but has a more interesting kit than the protagonist, Carton (her brother), IMO. Plus, she seems to have been fleshed out a bit in the promotional manga Ken Sugimori put out, so that could be used to build out her alternate outfits, taunts, etc. (Try Quinty/Mendel Palace if you haven't. It's a fun little NES title).​
and
Giana from The Great Giana Sisters
The history of the series is kind of interesting, starting as an unsanctioned Mario port, getting converted into a knock-off that had to be pulled from stores, then making a comeback on Nintendo hardware over two decades later and getting a kickstarted sequel. Giana's twisting ability is neat, and a stage that twists between the nightmare and dream variants with music tracks that follow suit would be awesome.​
There are others that I want which don't have a lot of active support, but which I'd expect a decent number of people would be on board for if they happened.
Elenor Camuel from Phantasy Star Online
As I've said elsewhere, she has always felt like the most memorable of the archetype characters to me, and the one who exemplifies the game most clearly at first glance. Being a Ranger, she'd have a much more interesting kit than a hunter would have, IMO, and her MAG, Elenor, is also one of the cooler in the games. Rare guns, symbol art and photon chair taunts, Photon Blast Estlla for the Final Smash. Good times.​
I have actually seen Rico Tyrell suggested a couple of times and she is another good choice, as she is distinct from the archetype cast and has greater plot significance. She's also the least 'dull' choice you could go with as far as Hunters go, IMO, since she does have a distinct 7-weapon set to play with. Rupika has another memorable design and would have an interesting tech-centric play-style, so that could be good too.​
Just no Ash. Ash is boring. And no PSO2 Ash, especially. He's not even a real character.​
A Pokemon TCG Character
I'm kind of done with Pokemon reps in the general sense, but stuff from the spinoffs does interest me, and someone repping the card-game would be especially novel. Whether that comes in the form of a character from one of the GBC games, one of the lazily-designed characters from PTCGO, or a character actually associated with the physical card game, the TCG feels big enough to merit it.​
Shantotto from Final Fantasy XI and Hildibrand Helidor Maximillian Manderville from Final Fantasy XIV
While Elenor tops my list as far as ORPG reps go, giving love to the FF MMOs would be great too. I'm partial to Shantotto since I've grown to enjoy her in other cross-over games, though I'm for personally-invested in FFXIV, personally, than I am in XI. I've seen joking support for both of the mentioned characters thrown around through the years, but not much real interest in them. Hildibrand, specifically, might be controversial, and Y'shtola has become XIV's designated crossover character, so I can see her getting the nod, but I've always felt that it's kind of off to single her out over the other Scions, while Hildibrand is... distinct. Really, I'd be down with almost any XIV rep though... Estinien, Alisae, Ryne, whatever. But not Zenos. No more Zenos.​
There are others that I have seen mentioned and which do have active support, only on a much smaller scale, including:
  • Kevin Keene - Captain N and the Videogame Masters
  • Segata Sanshiro - SEGA Saturn
  • iDOLM@STER reps - The iDOLM@STER
  • Scissorman - Clock Tower
  • Guybrush Threepwood - Monkey Island

and then there are some that periodically get attention, or have a small active following such as (Alexandra Roivas , Carmen Sandiego, and any non-Reimu Touhou >_>)

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
I don’t know if they count because there are people who want them but

Lara Croft she’s really significant to gaming to it’s weird there’s not a lot of push for her. People tear down Bayonetta for not being big enough yet here is Lara who’s up there with the big guys like Mega Man and Mario.

Pauline When people talk about Mario characters I don’t see her brought up very much. I think she’s a great choice because she’s classic, modern, and very significant to Mario/DK’s history.

other than them the following characters are really obscure or not as talked about but I really like them:

Stanley the Bugman, DK jr, Tiny Kong, Birdo, Twinrova, Micaiah, Celica, Carmen Sandiego, Patricia Wagon, Ruby Heart, Jody Summer, Rebecca Chambers, Hades, Medusa, Totori or any of the Atelier protagonists.

LipeCau

Smash Cadet
Miria from The Guardian Legend and Guybrush from Monkey Island.
I'm also a big fan of The Lost Vikings, but Blizzard doesn't deserve it.

If you don't know any of these games, please, I beg you to try them.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
Two I doubt anyone would want outside of a very niche crowd would be:

Alex Roivas: From Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requim, a Lovecraftian horror game exclusive to the GameCube and by far one of my favorite horror stories around. I made sure to get a GC-backwards compatible Wii so I can still play this master piece every now and then. I still hope we will see a proper remaster at some point. Her character might not be the most interesting kit for SSBU but the items and stage could provide a lot of unique effects.

EVO: From Space Station Silicon Valley, a niche game that was on the N64. Was a really interesting 3d platformer with unique puzzle mechanics via taking over various creatures to beat the levels. Was really an odd game with some funny sense of humor and EVO's kit could be quite interesting by swapping through various animals to do battle with.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Two I doubt anyone would want outside of a very niche crowd would be:

Alex Roivas: From Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requim, a Lovecraftian horror game exclusive to the GameCube and by far one of my favorite horror stories around. I made sure to get a GC-backwards compatible Wii so I can still play this master piece every now and then. I still hope we will see a proper remaster at some point. Her character might not be the most interesting kit for SSBU but the items and stage could provide a lot of unique effects.

EVO: From Space Station Silicon Valley, a niche game that was on the N64. Was a really interesting 3d platformer with unique puzzle mechanics via taking over various creatures to beat the levels. Was really an odd game with some funny sense of humor and EVO's kit could be quite interesting by swapping through various animals to do battle with.

Bloody Hell, it's surprising to see both of those games brought up at once. Love them both.
While I'm not personally pulling for EVO as his gimmick would be... hard to implement in a clean way (he'd basically be a transforming character that needs to somehow summon new bodies to hop between), it's good to see people still look at Silicon Valley fondly.

Alex is one I'd definitely love to see though. Between firearms, the enchanted gladius, and Lovecraftian magick, she has a tonne of potential. Maybe take some creative liberty and throw "Summon Mantorok" in as a final smash. >_>
Throw in Ehn'gha as her stage, with trappers as a hazard and sanity effects firing on occasion (controller disconnects, system update messages, etc.). Good stuff.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
As you can tell from my signature, I'm choosing Crypto from Destroy All Humans. His guns include the Zap-O-Matic (self-explanatory), disintegrator ray which fires 3 pellets of molten balls, Ion Detonator which is pretty much a grenade launcher, Disclocator Ray fires discs which flies into an object then sends that object flying throughout the air in random patterns, a gun that shoots out Gastro who is a holobob with a rapid-fire gun and explosives, etc. There is also his iconic anal probe, though there is no way that is getting into Smash. Point is, he has ridiculously fun moveset potential, with some good songs and plenty of stage choices like a farm, circus, military base, Furon home planet, etc.

The thing that kills him is that he is basically not iconic enough. Yes the trailer for the new game has 3.3 million views which is awesome, but his games were never anything significant culturally. What also doesn't help is that he only had one game on a Nintendo console and the new game isn't coming to Switch.
Yo I swear I just saw this! Destroy all Humans squad! What are the odds?

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
Since I'm in my period "I'm the only one who sincerely wants Decidueye today", I say to myself, I might as well propose everything that goes through my head, anyway, I will never have the character I want. I made my list and here is what it looks like :

Tadashi Himukai :

Metal_Slader_Glory_cover.png

I spotted it a long time ago, like every Smash bros, Sakurai chose the hero of an old game that no one talks about anymore, I chose that one. The hero of Metal Slug Glory, an old NES game developed by HAL Laboratory in addition.

Commander Shepard :

unnamed.jpg

Mass Effect is one of the most popular sagas of recent years, so when we offered characters like Doom Guy, Dovahkiin and a Dark Souls warrior, I was a little heartbroken to see that nobody proposed Commander Shepard. Ok, Andromeda hurts a lot of people, but... To the point where nobody offers Shepard, it's sad...

Xion :

49979.jpg

Xion is one of the most popular and touching characters in the Kingdom Hearts license, if I had to choose an echo for Sora, I would prefer Xion to Roxas. Well, Sora still has to be in the game.

Fighter Hayabusa :

One of my fixed ideas for a fighter in Smash... Its a Judoka, don't try to understand, I wanted a judoka. And according to my research, the one who came closest to judoka at Nintendo was this character. The mascot of Pro Wrestler, a nice Nes game, and in addition, we could kill two birds with one stone because that would add a wrestler... And then you know what happened...

Lilac :

unnamed.png

Between Shovel Knight, Shantae and Sans, I find that Lilac is absent from the requests to represent an independent game. Freedom Planet is a popular game, started to be yet another fan game of Sonic, the developer had more ambitious ideas and made it an independent game. It's a beautiful story that has its place in Smash.

Princess Katia :

katia1.gif

The heroine of The Lost Kingdoms, a hidden gem of the Game Cube. Instead of the N64, it quickly moved to GC. It was the first console game with RPG notions. And it must have had some success since it got a sequel. In addition, it was developed by From Software.

Kid Klown :

kid-clown-in-crazy-chase.jpg

Kid Klown, the hero of another hidden gem, this time from SNES. It's a very fun game that deserves to be remembered. And I will add his worst enemy, Black Jack, in echo.

King Graham / Sam & Max :

64f201cd82f6abc7b185b27731c8c30c.jpg
sam-max-the-penal-zone-test-ps3-L-1.jpeg

I would like a representative of the old adventure games/point'n'click. King Graham, because part of my childhood was the Sierra games, and Sam & Max, because... It's funny.

Silver's David

51VOSFCgdIL._AC_.jpg

To have both a representative of Infogrames games (a French video game company, it made a lot of games for my generation) and THQ Nordic, because they are the ones who recovered the rights to Silver.

And here are other honorable mentions where I have no other argument than "Why not?" : Nabbit (Mario), Federation Force Marin (Metroid Prime), Cat Peach, Polar Bear (Ice Climbers), Stanley (Donkey Kong 3), Gold Mario, Izanagi (Persona 4), Space Invaders and Prince of Persia (The Sands of Time model).

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Another pick of mine found:
@NintenZ was playing Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls earlier this month, occasionally showing progress on Twitter. One tweet he made yesterday an interesting point for a Danganronpa rep for Smash:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Don’t worry, I’m not here to ruin anyone’s dreams of Monokuma.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Joshua Fireseed (AKA Turok) from Turok 2: Seeds of Evil.

While the Turok franchise started as a comic book that is far departed from what the series is today, I feel like Joshua himself is a stand alone icon in gaming. What hurts his chances in general is not just the fact his title originates from comics but Acclaim at the time published comics to promote Turok 2 before its release...BUT, oddly, Joshua is also the Turok on the cover art of the original Turok for N64 despite Joshua not even being the character you play as (Tal'Set actually being Joshua's ancestor).

Such a weird marketing strategy but it is what it is. Regardless, Turok 2 is a game I hold dear and would love the series in general to get some representation in Ultimate even if only as spirits.

Attachments

Last edited:

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
-Yugo (Bloody Roar)
-Dart/Rose (Legend of Dragoon)
-Serge (Chrono Cross)
-Ryu/Nina (Breath of Fire)
- Ulala (Space Channel 5)
-Prinny (Disgaea)
-Cornet (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure)
-Espio (Sonic)
-Regina (Dino Crisis)
-Alis (Phantasy Star)
-Any Streets of Rage

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
Representing for DanganRonpa, I will prefer Sakura, Gundham or Maki, but since they are not heroes, it would make no sense.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I dunno exactly how alone I am in this, but after maining him in Tekken 7, I can confidently say I want Geese Howard in Smash now. I know it won't happen since we just got our SNK rep and Smash seems to have a strange aversion against adding 3rd-party villains for some reason, but god dammit, I'd pop off if it did.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
To bump up this thread, I would say that pretty much almost any generic enemy could be a character someone wants that nobody else wants.

Here are some characters I want who have been highly been frowned upon by fans.
  • Reimu (Touhou)
  • Terry (King of Fighters)
  • Kyo (King of Fighters)
  • Yu (Persona)
  • Saber (Fate/Stay Night)
  • Haruka (The Idolmaster)
  • Hero (Dragon Quest)

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The Beheaded from Dead Cells. I had a lot of fun with the game and it's fairly popular, but there wasn't a support thread. I made a support thread, but only one person supported.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I'm the only other person I know (besides my brother who also played it) that knows of Enchanted Arms, so I think Atsuma is a pretty unknown and unpopular pick.
1620000420248.png

Definitely not up there in my most wanted (not even my most wanted FromSoftware character) but I'd still think Atsuma would be a neat addition in the lower than 0% chance he's added.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Tin Star from the SNES game of the same name. A dual revolver wielding robot cowboy should be a more popular concept. Barely anyone has heard of/remembers the game despite it being 1st/2nd party. The soundtrack is perfection though, look it up on YouTube.
7F81B5BE-8B69-4AF5-906E-D392D7F87498.jpeg

Top Bottom