• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any characters you want that nobody else wants?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Blaze (Sonic)
Shanoa (Castlevania)
Opa-Opa (Fantasy Zone)
Rhythm Wrestler (Rhythm Heaven)
Dr. Coyle (Arms)
Magolor (Kirby)
Susie (Kirby)
Captain Syrup (Wario)
Anna (Fire Emblem)

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Ditto to take the spot of Random as a character and you can set how the Random respawn works (new character after a stock or just one up front at random the rest of the match)

The above was my ballot vote.

Sateillieview mascot duo (hardware rep like Gagne and watch, Rob and Duck Hunt)

Want Snake to return.

Nightmare from Soul Calibur as a third party rep.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
I have a few nya~

Intellectual rapist, the detective, and Witch of Truth... Furudo Erika nya! The Black Cat of Ill Omen, Chen! :nifty::nifty::nifty: ... and a shift-shaping item block that will surpass time and space itself nya! The odds? 0 nya!!

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Tethu from Ever Oasis. His game might have sold like garbage but I still love it.

Last edited:

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Boo
>A ghost fighter would be really interesting to see. I imagine it will be somewhat like Gengar from Pokken.

Conker
>Probably too mature for Smash and therefore shouldn't be in...but his game was just such a funny classic game I messed around so much in as a kid. Conker was my Banjo-Kazooie, or my Rayman growing up.

Knuckles
>A bit more popular, but thought it was worth the mention. Still the coolest rep from Sonic that can be added. Better than Tails or Shadow imo. Only Eggman comes close.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
For Me, either:
  • Birdo
  • Any Pokemon Evil Team Leader (Giovanni, Archie, Maxie, Cyrus, Ghetsis, Lysandre, or Guzma)

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
If we go solely by "This Character Doesn't Have a Support Thread Yet," then Caeda. Hugely important character from Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem, Marth's betrothed, and a Pegasus Knight wielding her unique lance, the Wing Spear.

Not gonna happen for a variety of reasons, but hell yeah I'd be excited.
Do you actually want her riding a pegasus?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Do you actually want her riding a pegasus?
Absolutely. I think a fully mounted character could be really fun.

I made a moveset a long while ago if you're interested or aren't sold on the idea. :p

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Absolutely. I think a fully mounted character could be really fun.

I made a moveset a long while ago if you're interested or aren't sold on the idea. :p
I was just going to say that she could be an Ephraim alt if you had said you don't.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was just going to say that she could be an Ephraim alt if you had said you don't.
I think their general builds are a bit too different for that to work well. This is the kind of thing I personally had in mind.

Caeda Flies In!

Moveset

Jab: Caeda strikes twice with her spear and then twirls it.
Dash Attack: Caeda performs an aerial corkscrew into the opponent.
Side Tilt: Caeda swings the Wing Spear downward from overhead.
Up Tilt: Caeda's pegasus bumps her upward off its back while she holds her spear skyward.
Down Tilt: Caeda's pegasus flaps its wings downward, with each up and down movement causing minor damage.

Side Smash: Caeda's pegasus charges forward with Caeda's Wing Spear held outward.
Up Smash: Caeda's pegasus faces toward the screen and bucks its back legs upward.
Down Smash: Caeda's pegasus rears up and stomps its hooves, bringing down its wings for a two-part smash attack.

Neutral Aerial: Caeda's pegasus does a quick midair somersault, doing minor damage.
Forward Aerial: Caeda lunges forward with her Wing Spear, doing heavy damage.
Back Aerial: Caeda turns her pegasus around to strike the opponent with a backhanded spear attack.
Up Aerial: Caeda raises her lance and twirls it in a helicopter spin. A multihit move.
Down Aerial: Caeda's pegasus kicks its hooves downwards, potentially causing a meteor effect.

Grab and Pummel: Caeda's pegasus bites onto the opponent while Caeda strikes them with her Wing Spear for a pummel.
Forward Throw: Caeda's pegasus charges into them, sending them flying.
Back Throw: Caeda whistles, making her pegasus swing its head, tossing the foe backward before bucking them with its back hooves.
Up Throw: Caeda scoops the foe up with her Wing Spear and stabs them as they're sent skyward.
Down Throw: Caeda's pegasus "counts" on the foe several times before stomping on them.

Neutral Special: Armorcrusher - In Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem, Caeda was given a signature weapon, the Wing Spear. Like the rapier, this was effective against heavily armored and units on horseback. In Smash, this translates to her Neutral Special. In this chargeable attack, Caeda's pegasus flies backwards into the air, preparing to charge, before rushing forward and downward with Caeda's Wing Spear extended. This not only does heavy shield damage, but it also breaks through any enemy super armor when fully charged. However, the charging animation leaves Caeda vulnerable to attack. This move is named after a lance skill from Shadows of Valentia.

Side Special: Tempest Lance - Based on a skill for the Steel Lance from Shadows of Valentia, this attack involves Caeda drawing her lance and holding it outward. From its tip shoot a gust of razor wind similar to Mega Man's Air Shooter. A multihit projectile that travels horizontally with a maximum range of roughly the length of half of Final Destination. Like Greninja's Water Shuriken, it carries the opponent within it until it reaches its maximum range.

Up Special: Wings of Talys - This move has Caeda's pegasus perform a rising corkscrew attack before then gliding diagonally downward in the direction Caeda is facing. A simple recovery that can also be used as an attack.

Down Special: Hit and Run - Once again, this is named after a lance skill found in a Shadows of Valentia, though it is also a very common skill for flying units in Fire Emblem Heroes. In this attack, Caeda does a quick burst maneuver in which her pegasus flies at the opponent before making an immediate u-turn. This makes it an effective get-off-me tool on land. In the air, however, this attack gains a minor homing effect and can double as an offensive horizontal recovery. She will strike the foe before rushing back in the direction she came from, making this quite a potent edge guarding tool, further establishing Caeda's aerial dominance.

Final Smash: Queen of the Skies - Caeda breaks open the Smash Ball and is then capable of free, uninterrupted flight. She can charge into her foes for damage, similar to Super Sonic, but she can also toss spears toward the ground beneath her with the the attack button. Caeda also is much more durable while this move is being performed. After a set amount of time, the move ends.

Gameplay Overview:
Caeda is the first Smash fighter to fight while riding a mount (in this case, her pegasus). Due to this, she is one of the largest fighters in the game. Her pegasus stands at right about Bowser's height, which is slightly shorter than Fire Emblem's mounts usually are, but is just fine for Smash. The wings of the pegasus are also slightly downsized, but not to a ridiculous degree.

For those concerned about potentially having a character with canonically unlimited flight, I feel the need to point out that in Fire Emblem, Pegasus Knights do not have unlimited flight. This is shown by the fact that despite it being higher than most other classes, there still exists a cap for movement on a Pegasus Knight. Not to mention that in more recent games, their mounts are often shown landing after combat.

As far as ledge mechanics, which can become awkward with mounted characters, Caeda herself grabs the ledge while her pegasus flies next to her, off on the z-axis where it no longer counts as a hit box. Caeda's get-up attack, ledge jump, and ledge roll animations all feature her remounting her pegasus during the attack, making the transition seamlessly fluid.

Caeda has the highest air speed in the game due to speed being her best stat by far in her own games (she'll often cap her speed stat before promoting to an advanced class). In addition, she has a minor added gimmick similar to Bowser Jr.'s. Energy-based projectiles (such as Robin's Thoron) will have their damage greatly reduced when striking Caeda, but physical projectiles (like Link's arrows) will do more damage than normal, referencing Caeda's incredibly high Resistance and low Defense, in addition to the Pegasus Knight class's arrow weakness by proxy.

Why Caeda? Who is she?
Realistically Caeda likely won't make the cut, but that doesn't mean she isn't without merits of her own.

Caeda is arguably the second most important playable protagonist from Marth's games (Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Mystery of the Emblem, and their remakes, Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem). She is playable right from the beginning and is responsible for recruiting a large portion of Marth's army (in Shadow Dragon, other than Marth himself, anyone that can recruit characters only recruits one other character...Caeda recruits five). And at the end of Shadow Dragon, she becomes Marth's fiancée, while at the end of New Mystery, she is crowned Queen alongside Marth as King.

Caeda is also the most important character in the series of the Pegasus Knight class line, an iconic Fire Emblem class that has existed since the beginning of the series. Caeda also gets lots of promotion from Intelligent Systems in comparison to most other Fire Emblem characters, especially of those who existed before Awakening gave the series more widespread appeal. She has a fair share of merchandise of her own, such as her own Nendoroid figure. She has been getting more attention as of late as well, now having Fire Emblem Warriors under her belt, as well as having received her own unique weapon upgrade in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Caeda, while unlikely, isn't without merit or importance, and could offer a fighting style unlike anything else in Smash.

Bonus Material:

Entrance Animation:
Caeda flies in on her pegasus as it rears up and whinnies.

Taunts:
Up Taunt: Caeda raises her lance and says "Throw down your weapon!"
Side Taunt: Caeda pets the head of her pegasus as it whinnies.
Down Taunt: Caeda tosses her hair back and says "What a shame."

Victory Animations:
Victory 1: Caeda flies in on her pegasus and says "A lovely battle."
Victory 2: Caeda brushes her pegasus as a small bird lands on her finger.
Victory 3: Caeda leaps from her pegasus and twirls her Wing Spear, saying "Don't underestimate me!"

Victory VS Marth: Victory Pose 3, except she says "I hope I didn't hurt you too badly" before smiling.
I just think it'd be nifty. :p

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
Well, I started a support thread for Fierce Deity Link, but it seems like i'm still the only one who wants him, even AFTER I proposed the idea for potential supporters. For me FD Link is the same as Geno, so cool in the game in which they originated that I just want more and Smash Bros. is a good vehicle to obtain that satisfaction.

The crummy part is, even if I went to the trouble to imagine and post a moveset for him, I wouldn't be able to revive the thread because I was the last one to post there and it would be a double post.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
Having just watched a Smash Switch Roster Prediction video (by Delzethin), I would absolutely love for Lycanroc to be included. Definitely my favorite new Pokemon introduced in Sun/Moon. Before starting a match, you could switch between its forms (Midday, Dusk and Midnight) and start with the one selected, similar to Zelda/Sheik in Brawl, without being able to transform during the match. A Pokeball Pokemon is probably more suited for it I feel, but Lycanroc would hype me up quite a bit.

Also this is my first post here in quite sometime. Hello everyone! ;)

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Well, I started a support thread for Fierce Deity Link, but it seems like i'm still the only one who wants him, even AFTER I proposed the idea for potential supporters. For me FD Link is the same as Geno, so cool in the game in which they originated that I just want more and Smash Bros. is a good vehicle to obtain that satisfaction.

The crummy part is, even if I went to the trouble to imagine and post a moveset for him, I wouldn't be able to revive the thread because I was the last one to post there and it would be a double post.
If you want mate I can post real quick so you can make your moveset

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State

I want Masked Link with Fierce Deity Link as his Final Smash.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
My avatar is Bonk.

So Bonk.

Fawful

Kefka

Arvis

Nester

Harry from Teleroboxer

Mike Anderson from Battleclash (and its sequel)

Weavil (Metroid Prime Hunters)

Commander Video

Air Zonk (Yes I just snuck in Bonk again)

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Raichu as a heavy Pikachu clone. :026:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Hmm, Jack Frost (from Shin Megami Tensei) is the first that comes to mind. People bring up Joker as an Atlus character, but really, Jack is the MASCOT from Atlus, would be a way better fit
Also, Tora from Xenoblade 2. I just want a Nopon in Smash
I've seen both tossed around before and will happily support either. Jack because he was the one character who actually felt like he belonged in Snowboard Kids DS and Tora because he's a Xenoblade 2 character with actual personality, unlike Rex.

Nightmare from Soul Calibur as a third party rep.
Weirdly underrated as a Soul Calibur rep but still not too out there a choice. I'd like to see him get his post armour break outfit from SC6 to also represent Seigfried and, by extension, the series' main conflict.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Here I have a lot of characters that I secretly support but it's extremely rare for anyone to bring this up because most people would be against it:
CATS (zero wing)
Princess Tomato (salad kingdom)
Club penguin rep
Wanda (Mario & Wario)
Fauster (Wario woods)
Rash (battletoads)
Orbulon (Warioware)
Morshu (Zelda CD-i)
Some SMRPG reps that are not Geno (Mallow, Smithy, Axem Rangers, Boshi, Culex, Booster)
Vectorman
Robo Mario and F.L.U.D.D as a duo
Pichu Bros. (Pokemon)
Diancie (Pokemon)
AZ Floette (Pokemon)
Celebi (Pokemon)
Hikari (shin onigashima)
Mokka (magical starsign)
Nester (Nintendo power/nester's funky bowling)
Harry (teleroboxer)
Hakkun (Sutte Hakkun)
Vivian (paper mario)
Dimentio (paper mario)
Doroach (kirby squeak squad)
Nightmare (kirby)
Red/Pokemon trainers (fight without their Pokemons)
Fox (egg/game & watch)
Stork and Poochy as a duo
Master Higgins (adventure island)

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Oh my god yes to CATS and The Stork!
I'm not so sure on the Poochy duo, though, any thoughts on how that would work?

Others I want are Arche Klein from Tales of Phantasia, Mieu from Tales of the Abyss and Honedge from Pokemon.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Oh my god yes to CATS and The Stork!
I'm not so sure on the Poochy duo, though, any thoughts on how that would work?

Others I want are Arche Klein from Tales of Phantasia, Mieu from Tales of the Abyss and Honedge from Pokemon.
It would be like a bigger version of duck hunt but the moveset would be something very different there are a lot of things in yoshi games that could help at making their moveset hopefully these 2 sites would help you imagining how it could work just mix these 2 movesets https://smashboards.com/threads/stork-for-sm4sh-yeah.344088/ and https://professorfandango.deviantart.com/art/SMASH-POOCHY-527503331

ErenJager

Smash Champion
First Party
Satebo & Parabo
Giegue

Third Party
Ryu Hayabusa (Tecmo Koei)
Agumon (Bandai Namco)
Xeno Goku (Bandai Namco)
Hatsune Miku (Cryton Future Media)

Indie
Travis Touchdown (Grasshopper Manufacture)
Professor Layton (Level 5)
Cooking Mama (Office Create)
Metabee (Natsume)

Last edited:

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I always loved to see an actual lancer in Smash from the Fire Emblem series. Okay, okay, there's :4corrinf:, but he/she didn't use the spear that much. I'd like some lancer like Prince Ephraim, but I guess he is from a not so popular game in the series.

Another interesting option for me would be Andy. Except from that Project M 4.0 try of bringing Sami, no game in the series had any rep from Advance Wars, which used to be an essential franchise for Nintendo's handheld consoles. A character with fire weapons, missiles, granades, etc. could be interesting. Especially since Solid Snake is not expected to come back.

I always had this wet dream in which Ganondorf moved towards a new moveset, inspired in the actual character from the Zelda series. If this came true, I'd like to see a strong, slow character that takes his current moveset. I think the best option would be Black Shadow.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I used to think I was the only one before someone posted something in that 'Obscure, Japanese and Retro character' thread, but Sinder from Cel Damage would be amazing, or for someone who could work better without their car I'd go Fowl Mouth.

As for some others:
Blitzcrank cos I'm a LoL nerd
Axl from Megaman X
Balthier because he's the real MC of FFXII

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Oh man Arche in Smash would be awesome. Though of all the characters from Abyss why Mieu?
If you're interested, my old Arche moveset can be found in this old thread that I seemed to derail (oops): https://smashboards.com/threads/i-will-protect-you-asbel-lhant-makes-a-pact.339934/#post-15784939

And for Mieu: https://smashboards.com/threads/tal...tales-of-moveset-thread.339999/#post-15815484

Arche was chosen because she's full of personality and moveset potential, with a rather underrepresented character type and the ability to show off so many iconic moves from the series. Plus, she's one of my favourites.

Mieu, on the other hand, I initially latched onto as the other character from Abyss. He's not the main character but he's the first character you see when you pop in the game cart on the 3DS. The most prominant non-swordsman and clear mascot of the game.

But, beyond that, he was just cute and the more I worked on his moveset, the more I saw potential in the unlikely fighter. And, of course, he doesn't just represent Abyss. He also represents the recurring item that is the sorceror's ring, using it in all 4 of his specials. Because how could he not?
And do bear in mind that that item appears prominently in every western released title on a Nintendo platform.

By the time I was done, I'd really fallen for the idea of Mieu.

D

Deleted member

I'm taking nobody as nobody, so characters like Riki and Grovyle won't make my list even though I love them.

With that in mind, I'd say Nihilego (Pokemon) and Jakob (Fire Emblem). Nihilego would be cool by utilizing rock/poison attacks while acting as a parasite of sorts and Jakob could have an awesome moveset using daggers and staves. They're some of my favorite characters from their respective franchises too. And of course Pikablu/Marill has to make this list.

D

Deleted member

Out of all the characters i would like to see in Smash, there's only one that seems to be only wanted by me, and that is Heracross:

He could play like the Beetle ability from the Kirby series, using his horn to attack enemies (with Bug-Type moves from the Pokémon series of course)

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Party Phil, distant cousin of the Tute family, lookalike of the bloke from Candy Crush and emcee of Wii Party and Wii Party U.
Tell me you wouldn't have fun playing as the personification of RNG fighting mechanics.

Top Bottom