• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

April 21st.AvalanchE Presents: Project Smash Zero% Taken From Pot

Status
Not open for further replies.

imareject

Smash Apprentice
Smash Bros Melee Tourney ZERO% Rake from the pot!
SUNY New Paltz Campus
Gage Hall Basement lounge April 21st
2v2 then 1v1
Doubles starts at noon, singles starts soon after doubles is done.
People can arrive as early as 11AM for practice/warm-up

$20 entry for singles
$20 per team entry for doubles ($10 each)

Theres a good amount of room, and it will be a lot more comfortable than the holes in the wall we are used to. There are 7 outlets (2 plugs per outlet) in the lounge, so 7 TVs/cubes could be hooked up easily. With surge protectors, there could be up to twice that many, which could allow for a good amount of tvs for friendlys on the side. The lounge has one TV, and me and Adam could each bring another, making 3 total. More tvs/cubes would need to be brought.

A great part of this tourney is that whatever the pot ends up being (35 people = $700), that is how much the prize pot will be. Since my lounge isn’t a store, there won’t be ANY money taken out for any reason, unless people agree to have some taken out to order pizzas around dinner time.

I intend to pay through even 5th since I hope the pot will be pretty large. (first doesn’t need like $500) This way there will be more winners than just the usual three people walking away with money.

Gage hall basement lounge
1010 hawk drive
New Paltz, NY 12561

Driving directions from 87
Take the RT-299 W exit- EXIT 18- toward NEW PALTZ
Turn LEFT onto NY-299 W / MAIN ST.
Turn LEFT on 32 after the middle school at the intersection with the bank.
Follow past the big parking lot on the left, and make the last right onto campus immediately after the white fence. Follow the road across the bridge, and continue straight at the stop sign. My dorm is GAGE, the one on the right after the stop sign.
For parking, continue straight and make a left at the next stop sign. The lot to your right is your best bet. (WEST lot). The large glass doors of Gage hall at ground level by the dumpster look right into the tourney room. Just knock on the glass and someone will let you in.

Closest train station to new paltz is Poughkeepsie. I could make one trip out there to get a few people, but my car only holds five. If train is your only option, get in touch with me, or get in touch with other people going that are driving.

Another option is the bus station right in town. www.trailwaysny.com My dorm is a minute or two drive from here, but I will happily shuttle people back and forth if necessary. This is your best choice if you are coming from the city. Just take from Port Authority and its direct route to New Paltz.

Contacts: EMAIL CHRIS TO RSVP or ask any other questions
Chris (reject) peter034ATnewpaltzDOTedu cell: (516)864-9187 aim: imareject45

MLG Rules

Doubles/Singles breakdown: TBA depends on the turnout. Last time doubles winners made about 100 each, singles won almost 300

Thanks, hope to see you all here!

Chris Peter034ATnewpaltzDOTedu

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
1st post!!!!

uh yeah it should kick *** like last time........RSVP!!!!!!!!

im thinkin of playin as marth the whole way.....hope that scares some of u

lol....im out

The Bino

Smash Lord
Bump Baby Baby Bump Bump

RSVP without a shadow of a doubt.......

Come on people... come hit this ish up since this will be extremely hot... and the last one was hot

Also where else can u go to a tourney and have Zero% taken from the pot and go right back to the players!? None... unless you do it at someones house and fight over the 2 tvs that are there come one lets make this a hot one

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
dude we were ****in sick at ur house.....i racked up damage and u killed, it was a sick team, i kno ur bro wants to team with u, but id def team with u if that doesnt work out, let me know

im getting pumped for this less than 1 week!!

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
ur right i got too excitied, thanx for allowing me not to sit by myself in Gage holding my controller, wondering where everyone is.....>_>

barbino u wanna train for this? night before or something?

imareject

Smash Apprentice
I see you found the thread V, hope to see ya here.

Also, i took out the info about rsvp, i say the more the merrier, it shouldnt get a ridiculous amount anyway.

sooooo come on down
:-O

_V_

Smash Ace
Haha yeah I found it, I don't know how I didn't see it before!

And yeah, I want friendlies with more people...the only people I ever play are from CT, and we suck as a state (minus Cort)...and my roommate!

Edit//PC come so you can 4-stock me over and over...I have only played you like once!

Sol

Smash Lord
so whos teamin 4 this shindig idk if ima team with someone i know like phish or someone i havn't teamed with ever maybe reject?

imareject

Smash Apprentice
we'd make a stacked team. id really like to but i told alejandro i would. depending on if hes coming cuz no one has heard from his ride yet, so ill def find out and let u kno asap

Bailey

Smash Hero
so whos teamin 4 this shindig idk if ima team with someone i know like phish or someone i havn't teamed with ever maybe reject?
Yo Sol I always do better in Teams then singles I think we would work together. Our team name can be something funny involving MILF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom