• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

April 19th, AznForce 4.0 Brawl and MeleeTourney!! Lake Forest CA(RESULTS Pg.10!)

aznforce817

Smash Lord
Ok so we currently have about 5 wiis and 5 tvs. One more of each wouldn't hurt. :) Also People who are bringing their wiis, please bring a copy of melee as well so the melee tourny will run quicker :) Thanks guys.

@Champ: how big is the tv? or how small?

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
An AZ crew is headin' down for this tourney. We are Ka, ABIDE, and ****.

Just giving a heads up. Hope to see you all there.

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
I'm coming too, one question though:

If we pay the $5 Singles fee, do we get to play Melee AND Brawl? Or do we pay those seperately. I suck at melee so I'll play if it's included, but otherwise I'll sit back and wait for Brawl

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
2 different events meaning you pay for the 2 different events.

K, another question I forgot to ask:

How do crew battles work? I've never really been to any tournies that do this (only singles), so idk what it's like, but it sounds like fun ($1 more wouldn't hurt) because I'm bringing 3-4 friends, but it's not like we're a crew, just a group of friends...

Also, the tourny is double elim. best 2 out of 3 right (for Brawl), or are you doing it differently?

embracethe12

Smash Lord
anyone from oxnard or ventura going to this that can give someone from moorpark a lift?

i need a ridddddde, i'll give you gas $$

Boolossus

Smash Ace
I'll be attending, possibly bringing someone else. I don't think I'll bring any equipment though, cuz my wii has a hard time reading brawl discs, my TV is giant and my VCR belongs to the family. I hope to see lotsa people there that I know. Won't be playing melee though, cuz I don't want to go back to that silly game now that Brawl is out. =P Oh, just curious: is Z walking banned?

therofl

Smash Cadet
so the brawl singles is a double elimination? meaning there will be a losers bracket?

and what is the estimated amount of people that are attending the event?

bbb

Smash Champion
***** if you can be at my house in the morning, and ultra luigi doesn't decide to go I can give you a ride, I guess

Charoo

Smash Champion
any1 need a partner? My friend needs a partner. I would team with him but I already told Edrees I would team with him. My friend is better than me and uses pikachu.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
so the brawl singles is a double elimination? meaning there will be a losers bracket?

and what is the estimated amount of people that are attending the event?
Yes, there will be a loser's bracket.
Judging by the popularity of this thread, anywhere from 50-100 people will probably come.

aznforce817

Smash Lord
Yes everything is Double Elimination which means there is a loser's bracket. Matches are 2 out of 3. Semi-finals and Finals are best of 5. We're not doing the continuation rule.

We're expecting a good amount of people, Boolossus' estimate is pretty close! :)

The Game II

Smash Champion
Yes everything is Double Elimination which means there is a loser's bracket. Matches are 2 out of 3. Semi-finals and Finals are best of 5. We're not doing the continuation rule.

We're expecting a good amount of people, Boolossus' estimate is pretty close! :)
Try to prevent double jeopardy, please.

--GCII

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
any1 need a partner? My friend needs a partner. I would team with him but I already told Edrees I would team with him. My friend is better than me and uses pikachu.
Ill Team with your friend... I play Pikachu two :)

Potliver

Smash Rookie
I wanna make this and my car just broke down I live in 818 area anyone wanna carpool i'll pay for some gas! Pm me or call me (818) 472 7013. I can brind a setup too.

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
hey azn force, i'm planning on coming (Mr.X), but I can't show up until around 1-1:30. Is that ok to make it in time for brawl doubles/singles?

Also, anyone need a partner? I play oli/snake/ike/pokemon trainer ^_^

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
Ok great, I am 100% attending, others I know that are going include:
[wt] Dr. Elite
[wt] Psycofoot + his buddy Sol
Bardull
Plan 9

P.S.
Anyone planning an afterparty. Some of us are gonna celebrate after we win, and bars are too expensive. Who is having the party

killer tofu

Smash Lord
I'm not going.
Like nobody from the 818 wants to go. It would just be me and atlus so i guess a smashfest is what we'll do.

aznforce817

Smash Lord
Mr.X just gimme a call man and i'll tell u. I think that would be fine coming at 1pm but gimme a call to be safe. Hope to see u all tomorrow. GOOD NIGHT! My number is on the front page.

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
if anyone in the SD area has an extra seat in their car, please message me on AIM

Zzzfilesk1

I have a friend in Spring Valley that needs a ride up tomorrow. You won't have to take him home, you'll only have to pick him up and take him to the tourney. We'll buy you lunch if you do!

PLEASE!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
MY ****ING CSTICK IS BROKEN

someone let me borrow their GCN controller for Melee T_T

Top Bottom