• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

SmashProJJFF

Smash Journeyman
Hello gents. I'll be attending this tournament with three others. We're in for Melee teams and singles. This is my first tournament since 2007. Which means, as you might imagine, I am super old. Nearly 100 years old, even. Isn't that exciting?

:smash:

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Super fun tourney. Listening to music while playing helps a lot.

Also, I fell to the Jugglefox.

Alsoalso, I need a new capture software that my laptop can handle. With the one I used today, the video splits into another file after recording for an hour, and that other file drops frames. So some matchees won't be uploaded.

:phone:

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Super fun tourney. Listening to music while playing helps a lot.

Also, I fell to the Jugglefox.

Alsoalso, I need a new capture software that my laptop can handle. With the one I used today, the video splits into another file after recording for an hour, and that other file drops frames. So some matchees won't be uploaded.

:phone:
Damnnn. well.. I had 2 money matches with KJH (he had his tag on) and my bracket matches with shady and duck on that TV. If any of those aren't trashed that would be awesome. What's your channel so I can subscribe?

Also GG's man and to everyone I played, it was a fun *** tournament. Not happy about bracket but oh well.

I'm going to have a tourny at my house which is the center of howell/EL/WB in two weeks I believe. I'll post details soon

Edit: I had games on the stream, apashers, and whoever was to the right of apash. Josh? I think it's safe to say that green sheik is basically always me. I think.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
subscibed
also let's get some more games in next time. i can give you a ton of tips on fox/sheik if you're looking to improve. melee is the best

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Had a lot of fun at this tourney, but I wish things ran a bit more smoothly. 64 ran way too late for the amount of entrants, mostly due to people doing PM at the same time.

Still fun tho

Moooose

Smash Champion
i hope melee grand finals never sees the light of day
gg's everyone

results:
1 m2k
2 moose
3 shaeden
4 duck
5 hiv
5 ..?

not sure after that.

Roller

Smash Legend
WTP's character usage should be :metaknight::dedede::popo::snake:

(Beat me with mk, and beat Stewy with ICs g1 and snake g2)

Also. LOE1 should be :wario::metaknight:

Alsoalso. Stewy should be :popo::metaknight:

EDIT: I just realized I'm the only one in the top 8 who never used mk.. lol

Skyson

Smash Ace
64 SO GOOD. MI will always be my go-to state for 64, kinda sad to see it.. won't be there again. :s It feels like a staple, with actual people who come to play it! I am very sad I missed X, almost a legit bracket of people. aaaaaaaaaaa.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
64 SO GOOD. MI will always be my go-to state for 64, kinda sad to see it.. won't be there again. :s It feels like a staple, with actual people who come to play it! I am very sad I missed X, almost a legit bracket of people. aaaaaaaaaaa.
This next one will be at Mason Hall, which is a considerably smaller venue than Pierpont, so I'm gonna limit things to Melee + Project M this time.

For Smash 64, just wait until SWEET XII... we're gonna pull out all the stops for that one. Four games, eight events, anyone? ;)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Oh, SWEET XII is already set for March 30th. That's the only weekend in which our usual venue (Pierpont) was available. Hope you can make it.

Skyson

Smash Ace
I'm gonna stick with MCO Blue for my Fox. My Sheik can still rock the PGH green for how much love I have for the state, but I think after the legendary ride to Sweet IX, MCO has to be repped properly.

Top Bottom