• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
yeah it's been acting up for an hour or two now

and yea washington's all day. i'm so poor. if i wasn't i wouldn't be parting with all my good controllers.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I'm bringing money for mms with
Kalindi kzhu dope Carroll juggleguy moose 1der duck hiv rhythmz

Who else wants some?
I'm game. My Marth vs your Sheik, $5 Bo5?

Also, Carroll, you want to do a MM? My Marth vs your Fox, $5 Bo5?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Gotcha. Aaaaand it suddenly got uninteresting. Let's just combine the 80s-90s Lakers and Celtics while we're at it.

I support D1's idea of mentor dubs. Monopolizing **** gets old.

:phone:

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Gotcha. Aaaaand it suddenly got uninteresting. Let's just combine the 80s-90s Lakers and Celtics while we're at it.

I support D1's idea of mentor dubs. Monopolizing **** gets old.

Not if one of them is just going to win it anyways, and it'd make a lot more sense to have them team deserving the pot rather than one of them carrying someone considerably worse to the money. Might not be as much fun, but it makes more sense.

Fyi, that's a giant "**** you" to Slartibartfast42. **** YOU SLARTS.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Never questioned the logic behind it. I just personally think it's ****ing stupid to compete against. Whatever peeps, donate your money to guaranteed 1st in teams and already most likely top 2 in singles, I ain't.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Never questioned the logic behind it. I just personally think it's ****ing stupid to compete against. Whatever peeps, donate your money to guaranteed 1st in teams and already most likely top 2 in singles, I ain't.

I mean this tourney was going to be stacked until Zinoto had to dip because of school. This would have had Ally, M2K, Zinoto, L_Cancel, and Roller haha. I don't see why you are so against this event since it still will be a good one.

What's The Point

Smash Master
If Ally and M2K didn't team they would lock up 1st and 2nd instead of just 1st.

And every tournament is the majority of people donating money. If people didn't enter tournaments when they didn't think they could make top 3 then only about 8 people would enter (most of them shooting for 3rd).

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
If Ally and M2K didn't team they would lock up 1st and 2nd instead of just 1st.

And every tournament is the majority of people donating money. If people didn't enter tournaments when they didn't think they could make top 3 then only about 8 people would enter (most of them shooting for 3rd).
^QFE. Stole the damn words out of my mouth.

Can't just look at it as a charity drive for 2 big players. You can apply that same kinda mentality to every single tourney. But at that point, why are you even playing the game then? Lol

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Oh hell yeah, it's on. I need more Marth a practice anyway since I don't play shady as often anymore
Awesome. I'm looking to probably do it either in between doubles and singles, or after singles. I'll be on the prowl.

Roller

Smash Legend
I mean this tourney was going to be stacked until Zinoto had to dip because of school. This would have had Ally, M2K, Zinoto, L_Cancel, and Roller haha. I don't see why you are so against this event since it still will be a good one.
Well ****. Now I HAVE to practice...

That raise in expectations after winning a Stewyfest. I see.

Suddenly in favor of another one, tomorrow.

Also. Kevin, come practice with me today?

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
It's snowing rather hard here, idk if I'll be able to get a ride to the bus station anymore. Whether permitting I still plan to come though....

Top Bottom