• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
Whoa whoa, I wouldn't reschedule an ACT in favor of a Smash tourney lol. I know we say no johns a lot, but... priorities also, bro.
hahaha now it's ok to not go? :awesome:

I literally walked out in the middle of my ACT, and just had them cancel my score.

NO. JOHNS.
I throw my ACT in the air sometimes
saying ayyyyyooo
Ill take the zeroooo
#thuglife

these fewls are already in the college of their choice, dont listen lol

boss mode the act so u can make the next one
you got it boss :denzel:

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
My GPA is terrible. ACT score matters more to me because I know that I am better than what my GPA says.

:phone:

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I'm bringing 3 like new controllers and 3 like new gamecubes to this for sale.

All work perfectly it seems, testing them myself now. The controllers are still real stiff/new. 2 black, 1 silver.

Controllers - $25 each
Full Cube's - $30 each

let me know, I'm sellin them on ebay/amazon after sweet probably

Roller

Smash Legend
I got in off my SAT scores. Which were already above the avg for all the schools I was applying to. Hence my cavalier dismissal of the ACTs.

EDIT: @Tremor: I may be interested in a controller. I'll have to see about the joysticks tho, 'cause I'm pretty particular about those.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
My counselor told me that it also matters for MSU.

depends how ****ty your GPA is

regardless they care way less than u of m unless you wanna be in the honors college, which...**** that.

as a sidenote it doesn't really matter what your GPA or your ACT is because you're better than both of those numbers.

if i could advise somebody to flip the act the bird i would, but of course i'm also in the university of my choice so that would be misleading.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Most colleges will accept those with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. If it isn't higher, then there would be an ACT and possibly a meeting to explain the GPA.

SATs are essentially non-existent these days.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
My counselor told me that it also matters for MSU.

It definitely does. I'd take an ACT prep course or two and prepare as much as you can. The admissions for MSU has become more difficult I believe. A 3.6-3.7 and a 25-26 is the median now. If you have a GPA below a 3.0 it will be difficult to get in, period.
depends how ****ty your GPA is

regardless they care way less than u of m unless you wanna be in the honors college, which...**** that.

as a sidenote it doesn't really matter what your GPA or your ACT is because you're better than both of those numbers.
I got into MSU with a 3.2 and a 29. I believe my ACT score got me in, as I knew people with similar GPA's and lower act's that didn't get in.

@Roller I'll find you at the tourny and you can check them out. Juggle said he wanted one as well. It might just come to first find me first get em

Roller

Smash Legend
@Soul's post: ...that is not true at all. What kind of **** schools did you apply to???

Also. The SAT is a billion times more common than the ACT on the east coast. It's a regional thing.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I cannot promise a PM tournament, but if you guys bring enough setups and aren't entering Smash 64, then you can run a PM tournament towards the end of the Melee/Brawl singles events.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Possibly bringing my recording setup.

For just Melee btw. I won't have enough time to record Brawl replays.

Oh, and that will give me an excuse to hog a recording setup.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Rob, $5 Fox ditto MM on my recording setup.

Also, Carroll, I'm bailing out on that Brawl MM. I refuse to play that game.

Top Bottom