• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

Scar

#HarveyDent
lmao Forgot about that. Who thinks that Cactuar has actually quit and will not show up to this tournament?

GOTM

Smash Champion
lmao Forgot about that. Who thinks that Cactuar has actually quit and will not show up to this tournament?
i think he actually quit, but will show up to all local tournaments and play hard gay falcon. i really cant see him going to anything like event 52 ever again though, or at least for a while until he realizes smash is too good

Scar

#HarveyDent
GOTM your 2000th post is coming up fast. I want to play Smash a lot this week though, I think I got a lot better and if I sit on it and do nothing I'll forget everything I learned, so we should get everyone to go to the lounge sometime soon.

JFox

Smash Hero
Thats BS. He will go to stuff, just watch. He has a lot of fun going oos, even if he doesn't care about placing high. He will probably go to less local stuff, but he loves makin those oos trips. And why would someone stop doin what they love?

GOTM

Smash Champion
GOTM your 2000th post is coming up fast. I want to play Smash a lot this week though, I think I got a lot better and if I sit on it and do nothing I'll forget everything I learned, so we should get everyone to go to the lounge sometime soon.
ok well i called out of work cuz i feel like ****, and i doubt ill go to class cuz i feel like **** (thanks kansas, lmao). but ill play smash cuz i feel like **** today, haha.

JFox

Smash Hero
Yo Alukard, I'm a little concerned that this tourney is gonna be too large to handle. I mean think about how hot it gets just when 25 people are in the basement all day, lol. And what about setups. I feel like we are always held back cuz we only have one wall that has power outlets. This tourney is lookin huge. I'm just concerned that it might be too many for this place to handle.

It wouldn't be possible to use the upstairs also would it? That might be too much to ask, but it will def make things easier.

If this tourney is less than 60 people, I think I'll be surprised at this rate.

lmaoooooooo I just got jfox's avatar princess PEACH lol...don't mind me anyone wanna team mm?
I love when my avatar finally hits people and they get it. Haha.

JFox

Smash Hero
I don't think it will get 60. I plan on bringing my TV and a squid. We need one or two of those long orange extension cords.

M2k
Cactuar
Cort
Eggm
Jman
Wife
Hat
Scar
Pakman
Alukard
DoYoung
DJ Nintendo
Tec0
Linguini
Reno
HBK
Alejandro_P
Jfox
Venom NY
Gotm
Chibo
Ultimascout
spamerer
eazy
keitaro
yehs
gmoney
hazzard
CanIsmash
emukiller
zachyjcosta
superryan
mogwai
awsmsean
trademark
oorah
DC Scribz
Mattdotzeb
KevinM
Slikvik
LOL master
triad
mikeman
velocity
WoZ

Heres 45 people. These are people off the top of my head that say they are coming. I'm sure I forgot MANY people. There are at least 10 people in the other thread that I've never heard of and said they were coming. Also a lot of people from esticle were saying they might come, but I didn't include them. I'm sure its safe to say at least 50 people, unless a lot of people bail out.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
na the venue is perfect. the space just isnt used that well during the regular biweeklies. il try to get there early (providing that my ride doesnt care), and help setup. il bring some surge protectors (like 3). last biweekly we had so many tvs that we had more than there were setups and like 2 or 3 werent used, out of like 8 or so total. we should have about 10-12 tv's.

all ya gotta do is have a power line run to each string of tables and use surge protectors to distribute the power there. there are 3 main areas like this. the tables people normally eat on can be pushed against the back wall, and like 6 TVs can be put there. 6 there, 4 in the usual area, 2 over on the seperate area closer to the vending machines, and theres a desk over there were the laptop and tio can be setup. some stuff just needs to be moved out of the way so it can be accessed easily.

its a great venue and will def be able to handle this tourney with a lil organization

edit (after seeing ultima's post):
Are you trying to get people murdered?

^_^ Don't go high/top tier vs him unless you wan to take that **** to hyrule.

P.S. GOTM are you going to TGP? If so, there is no way we are losing that MM crew battle.
he said he wasnt gonna come to take a break from between kansas and this event. who r u planning to take? perhaps me, u, vex, rogue pit, and someone else? That's 3 good melee players there for the crew battle @ tgp, and for a 4th.... ummm, convince mow to join the crew lol. make it happen ultima! that would be amazing

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
I want the pool with all Peach players :bee:
No it's already been written, I will be in that pool (hates Peach)...

If not that one it will be like smashtality where everyone else in my pool mains fox.

@chibo -- idk how the ride thing is looking yet. I may be staying the night before @ Vagabonds in york, so depending on his level of coolness w/ mad people at his place could depend on that. Also he "may" be going, but idk. When I first heard of TGP a few months ago I had planned that with him. If not sure thing. I'll do my very best don't worry.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
how can some1 hate peach she is so eazy to beat >_>

yes m2k coming now i have a reason to play and get ready 4 this tourney

*turns on my melee*

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
well peach is slower then cf so hit her and run from her.. your nair has more hit box/reach then her fair nair try it out.. but all i do to peach is take the lead and go to the top platfrom she cant do much with a super slow second jump.. she going to up-b u HAHAHA

Cia

das kwl
don't mock the Up+B. it's dangerous. it can lead to painful D-smash.

but yeah, platforms destroy her. and if I remember correctly, jesus bans FD on me if he thinks I'll go peach.. so I'll be forced into platform hell lol.

also, I want to see spamerer vs. peach on pokefloats. lol

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
well peach is slower then cf so hit her and run from her.. your nair has more hit box/reach then her fair nair try it out.. but all i do to peach is take the lead and go to the top platfrom she cant do much with a super slow second jump.. she going to up-b u HAHAHA
Historically what I've done vs peach is just picked Marth, cause he's amazingly good at gimping her. Peaches wait for f-smash spam and seem surprised when it never comes.

If I weren't so afraid of getting chain grabbed w/ falcon I might use him.

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
I always get super greedy vs. Peach with Falcon, just trying to get one more hit...

But fortunately I love playing Peach with Young Link and DK, so I can avert my personal sins. Peach gets countered by low tiers. That's awful.

JFox

Smash Hero
well peach is slower then cf so hit her and run from her.. your nair has more hit box/reach then her fair nair try it out..
You don't know what you are talkin about. Peach's Fair has a lot more reach than Fox's nair, and Peach's Nair trades with Fox's Nair. The problem is that Fox is just so fast that you don't have enough time to react to him when he jumps up and nairs u. The fair has so much start up lag, and wind down lag, that you can't really use it to defend yourself while u are in float. So ur nair will basically trade or you will get hit if Fox attacks u while u are in float.

Top Bottom