• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
Hey ill probaby be able to bring two set ups for this one....depending if i can fit the large tv in my car. We'll have to see lol

:phone:

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Gotta ask if D1 is coming but more likely than not I am def gonna get Hbox so me Hbox D1 and xivk...maybe one more person in the bx needs a ride...gotta pay for gas though .
WTF I'm not getting a ride? ****... I got thrown out for hbox mad quick. :mad:

Alukard

Smash Hero
please try to get eggm to come and bring setups ... please people bring set ups if u can because alex still owes me tvs from when i loaned him them at apex >_<

Paramedic

Smash Rookie
I can easily bring a couple of cubes with Zneffy, possibly a TV going to see what I can do. Btw last month was my first tournament & it was very fun feeling hyped to play/learn.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Can payouts be top five? Top 3 is to small a window. Like I'm decent and becoming optimistic about my game but who is really gonna beat jman m2k hax just to get 10%? Just lookin out for the lil guy....got the idea from.swifts hog tourneys

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
this is teh payouts I suggest

16-25 people :

1st : 45
2nd : 25
3rd : 15
4th :10
5th : 5

25 +

1st - 45%
2nd - 22%
3rd - 12%
4th - 8%
5th - 4%
7th - 2.5%

locals should encourage people to enter more. We should not be waiting til OOS feels like it to have more than 20 people enter singles.

Max?

Smash Champion
There is no point to paying out 5th and 7th in those circumstances. You forget that two people place in those spots, so you're essentially dividing 5%/4%/2.5% in half. When the pot is only $200, is that really worth it? 5th place at a tournament with 20 people is only going to get $5, which doesn't even let them break even in their singles entrance fee. Frankly, I think that money should go to the person that won the tournament, and if you don't like it, then win.

There needs to be incentive for people to travel, and it's not worth dividing up the pot just to make people "feel good" about their experience.

Just my opinion

Edit: I will agree that payouts at these tournaments are very frontloaded, and I am a fan of HoG payouts, but the NE tournies on average have double the size of their turnouts then Tristate, so it make sense to pay out down to 5th imo

PK Webb

Smash Champion
I disagree.max.like.payin out to 7th.is kinda beast but deadass look at a tristate tourney and say 3rd place looks obtainable after 3 or 4 years of playing? I think tourneys with.over 30 ppl shud pay top 5 anything under shud be top 3. I wasnt talking bout as a standard for no johns just this tourney since sooooo many ppl r suppose to show. But over 30 ppl I think there is enuff money to give a lil sumthin to top 5......***** im broke let me make.enuff to buy a snapple dammit

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I'd say if its 16-20 make it that 4 or 5 gets their money back. Our thing is that we have so many events so close that people do not want to spend money so u have to also look for reasons to go to each event.

If its an extra 10 bucks or so then why should matter for hax/jman when they win all the events when m2k is not there.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I think jman and hax are beatable once you reach a certain level of skill (not **** talk), but still extremely difficult.

But m2k is one of those players you don't win against lol. When he was at the last no johns, I felt that there was no possible toss up in the results: It was gonna be either jman vs m2k or hax vs m2k gf...which I don't like...I think it should be a toss up when a lot of good players are in attendance. Luckily, I believe he is going to a brawl tourney this saturday. So.. let's knock hbox out early...keep this $$$ in tristate :)

Oh, as for payouts. If we get 25 plus people, then the top 5 payout scale seems good. If there are 35 to 40 plus entrants, then maybe top 7, but I think that's a bit of a stretch. Top 5 seems good enough. I feel that If I got 7th and received money back that I feel as if I were being reimbursed, rather than using my skill to place in the winnings.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Any TFS or anyone near port chester tryin to bring PC chris to this? He's interested in coming for singles. Hit me up, and I'll tell him you can scoop him up!

Niko45

Smash Master
Any TFS or anyone near port chester tryin to bring PC chris to this? He's interested in coming for singles. Hit me up, and I'll tell him you can scoop him up!
me too!

I like top 6 payout, as in, placing 5th. (Placing 5th is not top 5 people stop saying that)

Max?

Smash Champion
I'LL DO IT CHAIN ACE! I'm in TFS and totally gullible.

Oh wait, I have two jobs

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah I understand, I was just playin. Good **** up there btw. Keep it up.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i'll payout to wat you all vote for at the tourney before i start singles i'll say the options and have a show of hands vote ... but seriously at majors in sf payout is top 3 ... like cmon guys lol ... 30 people shouldnt be past 5th tops ... but i dunno just saying back in the days ... if u wanted that money u played your *** off and get better and stop acting like m2k jesus and aziz can't be beat when thats clearly not the case ... ya just play like vaginas when you face them and probably over think simple situations ... either way ... i got SFxT !!! soo hype ... and hailey and kevinM are coming and ima get my iron man bracelet !!! SOOOO HYPED!!! annnnnd MAINE!? WTF this is looking like sexxxxx ima enter doubles!!! it looks like its going to be fun ... can't wait till tomorrow !!!!

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
PC come earlier and team with me =3

No but really, I still need a teammate lmao.

Maybe I'll just skip doubles and be sad.
HEY! I'll team with you, I use Peach...we can play some friendlies first just so you can see how i play, up to you lol. Anyway see you guys tomorrow...I should be bringing two ppl with me and 1-2 set ups!

Top Bottom