• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

Alukard

Smash Hero
alright well i guess he can come and stuff ... i just want it to be more people and actually make it worth coming to for scar and wife and others with the long drive =[

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Round 1 Winnars
JFox beats Mogwai
JMan beats Raynor
Eggm beats UltimaScout?(possibly CanISmash)
Scar beats CanISmash?(possibly UltimaScout)

Round 2 Winnars
JMan beats JFox
Scar beats Eggm

Winnars Finals
JMan beats Scar

Round 1 Losers
Mogwai beats Raynor
CanISmash beats UltimaScout

Round 2 Losers
Eggm beats Mogwai
JFox beats CanISmash

Round 3 Losers
Eggm beats JFox

Loser's Finals
Eggm beats Scar

Grand Finals
Eggm beats JMan
Eggm beats JMan

Results
1. Eggm
2. JMan
3. Scar
4. JFox
5. Mogwai
5. CanISmash
7. UltimaScout
7. Raynor

8 Entrant ftl

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Falco dittos for first set, then some Falco vs. JMan's Fox in the second set culminating in a Fox ditto. The last set reminded me of MLG Vegas PC vs. KDJ, where it looked like PC's Falco couldn't figure KDJ's Fox out, so he was like, **** it, I'ma go that busted *** character too and then won, lol.

R3N0

Smash Lord
this is boring. 8 man bracket is weak. go back to the nj venue -_-'

gamers gambit or whatever!!!

i feel like more ppl went to that.. its less of a drive for philly ppl by like 20 mins.

but balls to entry fees. $10 for venue. thats such immediate balls. I know thats how much it HAS to be but I'm just saying EFF.

These bi-weeklies were like a HUGEEE hit b/c it was like.. 5 for doubles 10 singles 5 VENUE.

>_<

IMO.

sorry poor johns.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
as much as I like the Nanuet venue because I can get there in like 25 min, and not have to pay for a bus there an back, the other venue might be preferable, in terms of the pot and turnout.

i'll still hope for the nanuet place, but it won't stop me from coming if the venue is moved to gamer's gambit

Alukard

Smash Hero
hmmm ... mayb after this one ... i'll have gamers gambit for melee and nanuet for brawl and SF4 ??? wassup with that

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
i want to see eggm vs jman!!! someone whos cool wit scar bug him alot cuz if i do it its just gonna be annoying and hes gonna hate me for life :D. gogogo vids.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i might cancel it so that people can have money for spoc since these are maddd expensive anyway

if i can have a list of people that will come then i will host it ... just post up if ur definitely coming

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
If you host it.

They will come.

I have an early soccer game on the 11th so I can probably make it, although I may smell a little.

I thought Milos was having a fest on that day though?

Eggm

Smash Hero
lol, making it by 4 is NP at a no johns lmao. Kinda. :p Anyways I'd defintley go. I don't mind if pakman smells. In fact if vanz emo's out again i'd like to team with you. :) i thought we were lowering singles to 5$ so its 20$ for everything which isn't that expensive IMO.

Alukard

Smash Hero
and the only reason things are late is because no one shows up ... its stupid ... everyone just free lances and shows up whenever ... madddd respect for wat i'm doing huh =[

hmmm well i mean i host and people just complain about prices low turn out and anything else they can ... its not like i surprise everyone with a new venue fee or singles entree fee ... its been the same for a while now ... well anyway like i said i will host ... but please post up to make things better for attendance as well and more people can come and everyone is happy =]

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
lol, making it by 4 is NP at a no johns lmao. Kinda. :p Anyways I'd defintley go. I don't mind if pakman smells. In fact if vanz emo's out again i'd like to team with you. :) i thought we were lowering singles to 5$ so its 20$ for everything which isn't that expensive IMO.
/summon swift

summoned failed

=(

good luck

Lovage

Smash Hero
daaang east coast, your biweeklies have venue fees like that? get ***** it would seem. come to cali where its like 0-1$ venue for our small weekly tournies LOL <333

Scar

#HarveyDent
yeah that actually sounds better, but w/e alukard i support you no matter what, i love no johns except when no one shows up. vanz/reno/hazz/hbk/hax should all always come

anyways i put up two of my sets in winners, im gonna put up my set vs eggm in losers and jman vs eggm tomorrow probably

Eggm

Smash Hero
yeah that actually sounds better, but w/e alukard i support you no matter what, i love no johns except when no one shows up. vanz/reno/hazz/hbk/hax should all always come

anyways i put up two of my sets in winners, im gonna put up my set vs eggm in losers and jman vs eggm tomorrow probably
Yayyy expect. Do it now. :) I can't wait to see that up + b magically get extra distance to win the set in set 2 r5.

Alukard

Smash Hero

i know ... u eggm ... g$ always show up ... and i thank you guys for that ... but i mean i dont know wat else to do i'll try to figure sumthing out =]

u guys just need to show up =D

R3N0

Smash Lord
i mean when i was like making money ... think about it in like a money prospective..

DEEP RECESSION ATM.

and then minimum 25 dollars for the entire day with just entry fees.
Travel could be 14? round trip 7 something on pub transit.
($10 if u ride the Gwhip)
FOOD
you have to eat like twice at least. lets say $10 if you're going to be eating cheap but generally fast food comes out to about $14-$15.
so.. taking the "most people" numbers.
$25 + $14 + $15 = $54.

$54 dollars to come to a biweekly. I mean i love these dont get me wrong. but if you don't win or if only 8 people show up for singles. theres absolutely no way im coming to these anymore.

Eggm

Smash Hero
im comin to the next one
Nice bring phish it with you.

Reno just stay home we don't need your negative nancy posts. Just post your not coming. We need more posts like sol's. Kthxbai no re.

More than 8 people would come if everyone wasn't coming just cause they think no one else is coming. Everyone just come and stop worrying about that and it will be fine.

BTW, I think that we lowered singles to 5$ so 20$ for everything and bring your own food if you are worried about paying for FOOD. Not even spammer worries about paying for food cause he knows its necessary. And you pay travel costs to ANY tournament so stop johning jeez.

skyheart

Smash Lord
I don't see Reno's post as negative, it's very truthful. Money is a big issue for some people and we should respect that.

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
I can't come. T_T I miss going to these but they fall on the opposite Saturdays that I need them to. I have garbage luck.

This time the John for NoJohn's is: My 21st birthday. Can't be helped...

Top Bottom