• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apparently, you can play on Battlefield during For Glory now...

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Oh boy! Platforms! More ways to exploit my range.

But seriously. They could be more lenient. Tomodachi, Ferox, Prism Tower, Yoshi's... Hell, I'd be fine with any stage that doesn't have random hazards. Predictable, telegraphed hazards are fine in my book, since they're a controllable risk that add a layer to gameplay.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Oh boy! Platforms! More ways to exploit my range.

But seriously. They could be more lenient. Tomodachi, Ferox, Prism Tower, Yoshi's... Hell, I'd be fine with any stage that doesn't have random hazards. Predictable, telegraphed hazards are fine in my book, since they're a controllable risk that add a layer to gameplay.
So LIke Gerudo Desert?

D

Deleted member

I'm not quite sure. There isn't that many comments in the thread and even one of them claims bull****. I guess we'll see in time though.
So LIke Gerudo Desert?
Still has walk-offs though, which would make Mac even more of a problem than he already is, not to mention the existing problems with walk-offs in general.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Another user on reddit just said he got Battlefield while playing as Marth in FG.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
If this is true, then this is some amazing **** then. Well then well done Nintendo for hearing our plea...for once I guess.

SatoshiM

Smash Cadet
I just played on the FD version of Battlefield. While that doesn't prove anything, seems a little odd that they'd leave the FD form in if they're having the normal one as an option.

Spirst

This seems incredibly suspicious and strange considering the description in For Glory is "Play without items on Omega Form stages. Your wins and losses are recorded."

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I'd be cool with it. It creates a forced dynamic change and quick adaptation on players. Can be used by the cunning to trap people into getting gimped as they flee the ice or fire.
I know, I mean, I'm all for balanced stages, but I wish with the new games we could embrace stage hazards a bit. I mean nothing outright insane, but its a shame stages like Paper Mario won't get used.

Personally I don't see the problem. To me, the 3rd transformation (Bowser's Castle) should just be like the Fire Version of PS1. They should just wait until it transforms back.

Still, walk offs. Ugh.

31gma

Smash Cadet
NNID
yrba10
Interesting, most of the casual Little Mac players should face some problems.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Time for the influx of Little Mac noobs to disappear, leaving the skilled ones to stick with him.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
It could be another one of the many technical issues that For Glory seems to be plagued with. Maybe the game picked it by mistake somehow?

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
When I went Online just before I got the message "Accessing The SD Card" just as it was done connecting. I don't think you normally get this whenever you connect, but I'm not sure and I can't test it again right now. Is there anyone playing For Glory right now who can do lots of matches and test if Battlefield comes up?

A Gray Person

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gray21oh
3DS FC
1719-3271-0480
I'm definitely having a hard time getting this. I mean if this is a thing that's happening in FG wouldn't you think that there would be a patch out to fix this already? If it is true then chances are getting Battlefield seems awfully slim to a point which it's pretty much neglected.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
If this is true, that's good. Although I'm still not the biggest fan of Battlefield. I like the idea and layout, but platforms are way too close to each other, imo. They need more space between them. Pokemon Stadium with a third platform in the top middle would be my ideal Battlefield (without hazards, of course).

SagaTheMeow

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SagaTheNetwork
3DS FC
4399-1366-7597
I hope it is good, not because of balance (which is good too) but because it gets boring to always play "on the same stage".

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I dunno, this is just a picture of two people on Battlefield, nothing indicating it being on Battlefield.

If it's true though they just saved Meta Knight from disaster.

Last edited:

adamlon1

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3583-0365-0217
I would like to see more stages like Battlefield on For Glory such as Arena Ferox and all that I feel like it can be a bit stale with only Omega stages

Raijinken

Smash Master
Interesting, but I'll wait until it happens to me (or is confirmed) before I'll believe it. Importantly, that screenshot conveniently leaves out the bottom of the bottom screen, where wifi status would be shown. Other things like being mid-taunt could be used to confirm whether or not it was with friends or not, too, as there's no way (to my knowledge) to skip the text bubbles when playing with friends.

Last edited:

blivy

Smash Rookie
i actually got this like a week ago when playing for glory teams
i thought it was a glitch. i had my character set to red flower jigglypuff, but when it chose battlefield i got switched to default jigglypuff

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
almost 400 matches in FG and not once, so I doubt this is real.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I just tried a bunch of For Glory, and got omega Battlefield. No standard Battlefield.

MrPizza531

Smash Rookie
Credits go to Mr. Pizza from reddit for discovering this - there's a chance to play on Battlefield now.

Hopefully we can verify this soon!
Thanks for the credit, I was kinda stupid for not saving a replay, but Im trying to re create it and when it happens I'll post an update on reddit.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Even if this was true, I don't think it'll make much of an impact, mainly because there is a 1/30 something chance it'll get picked.

TypePositive

Smash Apprentice
I've got omega battlefield, but never normal. I don't really buy this. I wouldn't mind battlefield palette swaps to go with the FD ones in for glory, but I doubt that will ever happen

Top Bottom