• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apparently, someone has a full copy of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Oh my god, shut up about the clones. They didn't steal your precious character's slot, idiots. They're clones, they're an easy way to inflate the roster in the limited time they had making the game.
Doesn't mean I have to like them.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Oh my god, shut up about the clones. They didn't steal your precious character's slot, idiots. They're clones, they're an easy way to inflate the roster in the limited time they had making the game.
That's not the point we're making! It's not that they are in, it's that they are in AND not the other ones. How the **** is Dr Mario, Lucina, Dark Pit in the game over Mewtwo and Ice Climbers!? It makes no ****ing sense. The time and work put in to those clones could have been used for other more deserving, iconic, unique characters. This is some sick bull**** on Sakurai's part. He removed Mewtwo from Brawl and that was ********.

Now he's doing an EVEN worse thing! Not only does he remove ONE he adds all this other crap too! No, I refuse to believe that this is the final roster until the Wii U version is out and explored thoroughly!

Stop crashing Smashboards!

zferolie

Smash Hero
If this is the final (which it is) I like it. Very good set. I still think they may have timed unlocks hidden for the Wii U, to still hype the Wii U version, but thats just me.

And there is DLC, which we know Nintendo is doing now thanks to mario kart 8.

That being said, this roster looks fantastic. All the new people look fun, and eveyone i played but wolf is back. can't compain.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm completely happy with this roster. Jigglypuff is back and thats the one thing I wanted most. All my other wanted newcomers were never going to happen.

Things I'm also happy about
- Dr. Mario returns (I like his moveset better than Mario's)
- Newcomers such as DHD, Greninja, Little Mac, Shulk, all of these guys look like new potential mains.
- All the Bowser Jr. Skins

Yeah no this is a good roster, 51 total if you include all 3 types of Mii fighters. Guess I should be glad I was never a fan of Mewtwo, Ridley, K.Rool, Dixie, Ice Climbers, or Chorus Men.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Here comes all the ridiculous Sakurai hate...

I'm sorry to see that others are disappointed. Personally, I'm relieved. I just wanted some type of closure. My most wanted character didn't make it in, but the roster overall is fantastic! And don't get me started on the custom moves.... I can't wait to get my hands on this game. If there's DLC, that's just icing on the cake. If there isn't, I'm still content.

Sidenote: I'm particularly excited about Master Core. I'm going to try to beat him on intense difficulty without continuing.
Fantastic attitude! I feel the same way. My most wanted didn't make it, but the roster is just too good to be disappointed! Really, all the characters I've seen look pretty viable too! My hype is still sky high for 10/3.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
seems to be missing a few characters, that's weird, cause other screenshots show them?

ness
falco

and what's this with no ganondorf (his favorite character??)

and r.o.b. is supposed to be in this, though? didn't realize that was the case...

so that's 4 characters and what looks like room for 3 more in the screenshot... guess no ganandorf then... hm... oh yeah and the mii's too... wha? maybe it just needs to be updated it was last edited yesterday

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This is it.... WHAT?! :grrr:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
To those complaining about Lucina and Dark Pit, remember, retro and in general just older gamers aren't the only fans that Sakurai is trying to please. There are those who have only been playing Nintendo games for the past five years or so and these people would love to have Lucina and Dark Pit in the game. We already got Mega Man, Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Duck Hunt has nods to the old fans, so why can't the newer ones get Lucina and Dark Pit? Yeah, you don't have to like them, but Sakurai never added these characters to spite anyone- he's trying to please as many people as he can.

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
pls

In all seriousness, the characters shown are definitely good enough, the fact this is larger than the Brawl Roster is a plus already. I'm still definitely buying and enjoying the heck out of this game.
...Buuut I'm now hoping that "They'll reveal more for the Wii U version" theory is true, as dubious as I was before.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'm just gonna hope that a new char drops tomorrow aside from these. REMEMBER, SOMEONE DID STATE THAT THE GAME SAID IT NEEDED AN UPDATE BEFORE IT COULD PLAY ONLINE

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
That's not the point we're making! It's not that they are in, it's that they are in AND not the other ones. How the **** is Dr Mario, Lucina, Dark Pit in the game over Mewtwo and Ice Climbers!? It makes no ****ing sense. The time and work put in to those clones could have been used for other more deserving, iconic, unique characters. This is some sick bull**** on Sakurai's part. He removed Mewtwo from Brawl and that was ********.

Now he's doing an EVEN worse thing! Not only does he remove ONE he adds all this other crap too! No, I refuse to believe that this is the final roster until the Wii U version is out and explored thoroughly!

lol prepare to be disappointed then since the games have the same roster, ALSO STOP FKING SAYING THOSE PEOPLE ARE IN OVER OTHERS, its not how it works. the clones are there because the take no time to make the animations are in the game already. the others take time and need to be made from the ground up holy crap hom many times does this need to be said before people freaking get it

Roxas215

Smash Lord
i fail to see how he was teasing anyone, if its about ridley he freaking said in the direct othe boss character would appear while showing his shadow, its no ones fault but the people who decided f that and made it out to be like he was trolling. as for any other characters he never teased about anyone of them.
Sakurai clearly knows the demand for these 3. Instead of just outright deconfirming them he shows a cryptic shadow of Ridley and remains tightlipped over K Rool and Mewtwo. Yet he takes the time out to deconfirm characters no one cared about in the first place like Takumaru and Waluigi. Smdh.

JesteRace

Smash Journeyman

Dude, that's the whole reason we got clones in Melee. They don't take anywhere NEAR as much time or effort as unique characters. The clones aren't in OVER the other characters. They just didn't have time for the other characters, so they quickly scotch-taped a few clones onto the roster and called it good.

D

Deleted member

I don't think you read the post you're replying to.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Sakurai clearly knows the demand for these 3. Instead of just outright deconfirming them he shows a cryptic shadow of Ridley and remains tightlipped over K Rool and Mewtwo. Yet he takes the time out to deconfirm characters no one cared about in the first place like Takumaru and Waluigi. Smdh.
all those people who wanted waluigi and takumaru means no one cares about them, get over yourself

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Of course not. I don't either. But they're not the reason we don't have Wolf/Lucas/Mewtwo/Ridley/blahblahblah.
This is what people seem to not understand, clones are just extra characters because they're moveset and skeletons are pretty much the same besides there's no "character slot" there's never been and there will never be. Last but not least this roster is sick as hell even if the rest of the elite four isn't in it.

I appreciate there's still fans with brain like you.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
I would've been happier with this roster if i didn't feel like i was led to believe there was more, like mewtwo.

I'm pretty salty about Zipzo lying to us. i just don't get why he did that!

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Dark Pit over K Rool Ridley and Mewtwo. Wtf is Sakurai thinking.
"Not enough time to add a proper character..."

No, DP didn't get in over Mewtwo.

You're the one that made it cryptic, not Sakurai. Ridley and K.Rool don't have this "widespread demand" people keep claiming exists. Bowser Jr. and Rosalina do. Mewtwo not getting in was likely Gamefreak's decision.

Batavus

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty damn happy with the roster. And apart from Dark Pit, the clones don't really bother me.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
You're the one that made it cryptic, not Sakurai. Ridley and K.Rool don't have this "widespread demand" people keep claiming exists.
That is so fundamentally false. It's been proven K. Rool is the most wanted Nintendo character, and slightly more popular than Ridley. K. Rool fans just tend to be quieter and not constantly blab out chants like Ridley and Mewtwo fans. Although Mewtwo is the most popular.

Last edited:

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Damn, I was hoping to wake up to some exciting news, but it looks like this it it...

I like the roster, but it could've been so great. The clones are just so disappointing. I would've much rather kept Lucas and Wolf. However, I do love all the newcomers. I just get this feeling of it being so close to perfect this time if only fan favourites and veterans could've made the cut.

The spacing on the CSS is very odd, but for now I'm going to try not to give myself false hope.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
That is so fundamentally false. It's been proven K. Rool is the most wanted Nintendo character, and slightly more popular than Ridley. K. Rool fans just tend to be quieter and not constantly blab out chants like Ridley and Mewtwo fans. Although Mewtwo is the most popular.
No. Ever look at Miiverse? Ridley is outright hated and most haven't even heard of K. Rool, much less even know people want him in SSB.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
"Not enough time to add a proper character..."

No, DP didn't get in over Mewtwo.

You're the one that made it cryptic, not Sakurai. Ridley and K.Rool don't have this "widespread demand" people keep claiming exists. Bowser Jr. and Rosalina do. Mewtwo not getting in was likely Gamefreak's decision.
What? It's 100% fact that K rool is THE MOST requested newcomer. Ridley is #2 in the east(Japan don't really care for Ridley) Mewtwo is the most wanted vet to return IN BOTH the staes and Japan. What the hell are u talking about Krool dont have widespread demand but Bowser Jr does? ARE U SERIOUS?

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
What is wrong with you people? How can you be perfectly happy with this roster? I almost never play Ice Climbers. But they just SHOULD be in there. And we got clones and **** and Mewtwo isn't in? F that. You can no be serious.

D

Deleted member

What is wrong with you people? How can you be perfectly happy with this roster? I almost never play Ice Climbers. But they just SHOULD be in there. And we got clones and **** and Mewtwo isn't in? F that. You can no be serious.
Different people have different tastes, who knew?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
What? It's 100% fact that K rool is THE MOST requested newcomer. Ridley is #2 in the east(Japan don't really care for Ridley) Mewtwo is the most wanted vet to return IN BOTH the staes and Japan. What the hell are u talking about Krool dont have widespread demand but Bowser Jr does? ARE U SERIOUS?
Give me proof. Proof that takes Smash fans of all ages into account, not just 20+ nostalgics. If it's some random forum poll, I'll laugh and be on my merry way.

I was happy with Brawl's TBH.

BKuppa666 would like to that you up on that statement.
If he has actual proof, then bring him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom