• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apparently, someone has a full copy of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
No. Ever look at Miiverse? Ridley is outright hated and most haven't even heard of K. Rool, much less even know people want him in SSB.
I wouldn't really take Miiverse as a good example of the overall Smash fanbase. These are the people who want Shadow and hate Duck Hunt Dog.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I am, for one, happy to marry the legacy of the zapper to my newfound love of wielding the Monado. Plus, I realize you guys have been used to him for a while, but holy **** mega man.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Give me proof. Proof that takes Smash fans of all ages into account, not just 20+ nostalgics. If it's some random forum poll, I'll laugh and be on my merry way.
People who use Miiverse as a source for their argument shouldn't pass judgement on a random forum poll.

But maybe that's just me.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Damn, I was hoping to wake up to some exciting news, but it looks like this it it...

I like the roster, but it could've been so great. The clones are just so disappointing. I would've much rather kept Lucas and Wolf. However, I do love all the newcomers. I just get this feeling of it being so close to perfect this time if only fan favourites and veterans could've made the cut.

The spacing on the CSS is very odd, but for now I'm going to try not to give myself false hope.
I would love Lucas and Wolf to return too, but the clones did not get in their way. Lucas and Wolf are way more unique than the clones, so they would have taken significantly longer to make. Cuts are always a bummer, though.

What is wrong with you people? How can you be perfectly happy with this roster? I almost never play Ice Climbers. But they just SHOULD be in there. And we got clones and **** and Mewtwo isn't in? F that. You can no be serious.
Nothing is wrong with us. Chill out. The Ice Climbers were probably cut due to technical problems. There is NO way around that. And the clones did not prevent Mewtwo from returning. Sakurai said they made all 6 clones in Melee in the time it would take to make one new character. Here we have only 3 clones, and they were already alt costumes so they took even less time/effort to make. If none of the clones were in the game, we wouldn't get Mewtwo. We would get nothing. It is the clones or nothing. They are 100% bonus, and complaining about them that aggressively is downright ungrateful.

The newcomers we got are great. Probably some of the series' most creative additions. Yes, some big characters didn't make the cut, which is unfortunate, but the developers can't please everyone in the short time they have. I think they did a good job of giving everyone at least something to really enjoy.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
I am not saying the reason good and deserving characters are not in BECAUSE of clones. It's the fact that they are in AS WELL as not havin the others in. What don't you understand? Mewtwo SHOULD be in. Doesn't matter what you think of it or the character. It's obvious that he should be in. And not having him in is ****ING STUPID. Doesn't matter if what I say is negative, it is what it is.

Nobody with a right mind would say that Dr Mario and other cones should be in and not having Mewtwo in. Then I'm simply wondering what is wrong with you. Because it's such a simple concept of priority. It makes NO SENSE. You CAN NOT find an excuse to this decision. Doesn't matter if clones are easier or not, that's not the point. They should and could have and I hope have worked in getting the most important characters in first, like Captain Falcon and Zelda and Mewtwo.

Stop misunderstanding people who simply understand the weight of these characters. If you're happy with the roster then it only means that you are easy to please and selfish to only care about the characters you want to use.

Senario

Smash Ace
Where is my nerfed ledge snap. I am just seeing regular ledge snap no chance for poking people off to prevent their recovery.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Wow. So DK gets no newcomers and neither does Metroid, but FE AND KID ICARUS GET 2 NEWCOMERS?! WHAT?!

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, if characters are only available from linking to the WiiU....I hope you can get them some other way.

vidaluk0

Smash Rookie
What is wrong with you people? How can you be perfectly happy with this roster? I almost never play Ice Climbers. But they just SHOULD be in there. And we got clones and **** and Mewtwo isn't in? F that. You can no be serious.
You have to be happy with what you have, you have ****ing Mario, Pac-Man and Megaman in one game. If Mewtwo is not in is because of Gamefreak, they probably told Sakurai to put Greninja instead. Ice Climbers were supposed to be NES era representatives but Duck Hunt does a better job.

Why are Ganondorf and Toon Link not with the rest of the clones on the CSS?
Because Sakurai consider them semi-clones, way too different than regular clones like the other 3.

Last edited:

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Ugh, if characters are only available from linking to the WiiU....I hope you can get them some other way.
See this is why an update when the Wii U version is more likely than a requiring link. Nintendo wouldn't alienate people who don't own a Wii U or 3DS to get all the characters. That'd be EA levels of dickery.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
Why are Ganondorf and Tink not with the rest of the clones on the CSS?
Might be because they're a lot further away from the thing they're based on? I can speak for TL in that he feels quite different from playing as Link due to the numerous differences in pretty much all their properties.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
I just want answers and justice. If the answer isn't a valid excuse, then I will call Sakurai stupid. And it's just how it is and what I think. Everyone should think so unless they're happy with the roster. And if you're happy with the roster, then you're selfish and too easy to please. It's AMAZING how this is even possible. But no, I refuse to believe it until Wii U version is out and been played for many hours. Nothing you can say to change this because it's just not right.

Last edited:

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
I'm so happy with the final roster! As you can see from my profile, My Melee Main is back and ready to cure my sickness! And my Brawl Main is back too! Mistah Game & Watch!

And personally I haaaaaaaated playing Mewtwo in Melee and I could give a **** if he's gone permanently.

You should be happy that Sakurai even decided to create a fourth installment in an amazing series. 51 characters as a final roster with the POSSIBILITY of DLC then I think that is top notch quality! I applaud you Sakurai. You have made me very happy today.

Thank you.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Can you guys stop with the stupid Ridley and Mewtwo thing!? I'm sorry for lashing out, but the last thing we need is for this thread to be another one that gets closed because of yet another conflict involving either those 2 characters I named, and/or clone complaints. These topics have been done to death way too much, and you'd think that after so long we'd learn to be more patient, let alone the fact that we should be grateful that there are streamers who got the game early that decided to stream for us, and that right there is something I definitely appreciate.
It's times like this where I get frustrated so much with hearing and reading about those topics to the point where I wish those 2 characters would just get deconfirmed already so we can put this to rest already, and I still wish that it would happen already. You can like the characters or not if you want, but I'm asking to please stop going back and forth with this and just wait for the truth.

For the clone thing, granted, I don't like clones myself because I like diversity and uniqueness of characters. I mean I don't like Dr Mario, have a disdain towards Dark Pit (he coulda been a semi-clone too), and I recently just got used to Lucina, but we need to put that and the "Two most conflicted characters" topics to rest, and try to at least enjoy what we have so far.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I am not saying the reason good and deserving characters are not in BECAUSE of clones. It's the fact that they are in AS WELL as not havin the others in. What don't you understand? Mewtwo SHOULD be in. Doesn't matter what you think of it or the character. It's obvious that he should be in. And not having him in is ****ING STUPID. Doesn't matter if what I say is negative, it is what it is.

Nobody with a right mind would say that Dr Mario and other cones should be in and not having Mewtwo in. Then I'm simply wondering what is wrong with you. Because it's such a simple concept of priority. It makes NO SENSE. You CAN NOT find an excuse to this decision. Doesn't matter if clones are easier or not, that's not the point. They should and could have and I hope have worked in getting the most important characters in first, like Captain Falcon and Zelda and Mewtwo.

Stop misunderstanding people who simply understand the weight of these characters. If you're happy with the roster then it only means that you are easy to please and selfish to only care about the characters you want to use.
I can find a good reason, its that they DID NOT HAVE TIME HOLY CRAP, its been said like so many time and you ignore it. here is a an example, dr mario been a clone might have taken a couple weeks to make in the long run with only have to model the character with a few new animations and just copying the rest from mario. mewtwo on the other hand has no animations for smash 4, zero, none, because of this it would take them a lot longer time to make him, possibly months depending on if they change anything from melee, plus having to add in a new model for his final smash should he have a mega evolution for it, its a valid reason whether you choose to accept it or not, stop acting like a baby

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
It could also be that Sakurai made the CSS before adding in the clones and then realized he'd have to either stick them in their own section or redo the whole thing to get things lined up properly.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Sakurai clearly knows the demand for these 3. Instead of just outright deconfirming them he shows a cryptic shadow of Ridley and remains tightlipped over K Rool and Mewtwo. Yet he takes the time out to deconfirm characters no one cared about in the first place like Takumaru and Waluigi. Smdh.
I'm sorry all I read was, "He showed us characters who were assist trophies because they were assist trophies." I suppose he could have posted a picture of Mewtwo's Sugimori artwork and said, "Yeah, he's not in it this round." but, and correct me if I'm wrong, the point of POTDs was to show things actually in the game. If they show up as assist trophies then your argument has weight.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I wouldn't really take Miiverse as a good example of the overall Smash fanbase. These are the people who want Shadow and hate Duck Hunt Dog.
Smashboards is far worse then Miiverse, that's for sure.

Have you even seen the damn polls from over the years?
"If it's some random forum poll, I'll laugh and be on my merry way."

People who use Miiverse as a source for their argument shouldn't pass judgement on a random forum poll.

But maybe that's just me.
Why isn't Miiverse a legitimate source for info, exactly? Everybody with a 3DS or a Wii U has an account. Perhaps if you actually supported Ridley/K. Rool there, then the numbers wouldn't be against you.

D

Deleted member

I just want answers and justice. If the answer isn't a valid excuse, then I will call Sakurai stupid. And it's just how it is and what I think. Everyone should think so unless they're happy with the roster. And if you're happy with the roster, then you're selfish and too easy to please. It's AMAZING how this is even possible. But no, I refuse to believe it until Wii U version is out and been played for many hours. Nothing you can say to change this because it's just not right.
Why are we selfish if we like the roster? Just because we're fine that it doesn't have Mewtwo or Ridley on it? Yeah, that's some perfect logic there.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Where is my nerfed ledge snap. I am just seeing regular ledge snap no chance for poking people off to prevent their recovery.
ive been seeing people go above the ledge with recovery moves before falling and grabbing the ledge

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Because miiverse is not indicative of the larger community. If you're going to use Miiverse you can also use a random forum because by and large they represent the same number of people. Just because everyone with a 3DS and Wii U has an account doesn't mean everyone uses it, meaning it's the exact same as not having an account on a given forum.

It's like saying you can't cite 4chan but you can cite 2ch. They're inherently very similar things.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Give me proof. Proof that takes Smash fans of all ages into account, not just 20+ nostalgics. If it's some random forum poll, I'll laugh and be on my merry way.

I was happy with Brawl's TBH.

If he has actual proof, then bring him in.
You must not understand how this works. YOUR THE ONE that has to prove your statement since your going against what everyone is telling you. K Rool has been in demand since melee. There are countless docuemented Polls and surveys in both America and Japan with K Rool coming out on top. Lmao at thinking Bowser Jr is anywhere near in demand as K Rool.

Last edited:

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Meanwhile, on-topic, Gema has resorted to the "Let's do as many VS matches as we can" strategy of unlocking. This is a sure fire way of getting it, but it's slow.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
Seriously? Now you're taking to insulting people who like the roster just because the characters you wanted didn't get in? I can understand you being annoyed at Sakurai because the characters you wanted didn't get in, but it's not the fault of those who are satisfied with the roster, so don't take it out on us.

Brad Darkstorm

Smash Rookie
hey guys, just a random lurker here, Can i ask something stupid? If thats final roster, wheres the Miis?
Now I can't post links due to being a lurker, apparently, but if you compare that final roster with the piece of paper over the bottom screen, it looks like hes in a normal standard match, but if you check various screens, in that mode, the Miis appear on the select screen, and in the classic mode they don't. But again, he looks like hes not in classic mode

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
oh honey child, if you think something that disappoints you in a video game is tantamount to injustice, I never want you voting or making any decisions that can affect a general population - ever.

Your hyperbolic nonsense aside, you ARE allowed to be disappointed, but you are not allowed to lash out at others because you're throwing a tantrum like a 3 year old with a slightly expanded vocabulary.

Guess what? The roster is great to me. My biggest hope for a newcomer since before Brawl was Little Mac. I'm happy. Everything's been cake and gravy and gravy cake. Bummed about the cuts, because this time the cuts actually hurt, but I still think it's a good game. I'm excited, and I'm not a pedantic little crybaby about it.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Meanwhile, on-topic, Gema has resorted to the "Let's do as many VS matches as we can" strategy of unlocking. This is a sure fire way of getting it, but it's slow.
they are at 50 at least it i think so it wont be too long

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
I'm so happy with the final roster! As you can see from my profile, My Melee Main is back and ready to cure my sickness! And my Brawl Main is back too! Mistah Game & Watch!

And personally I haaaaaaaated playing Mewtwo in Melee and I could give a **** if he's gone permanently.

You should be happy that Sakurai even decided to create a fourth installment in an amazing series. 51 characters as a final roster with the POSSIBILITY of DLC then I think that is top notch quality! I applaud you Sakurai. You have made me very happy today.

Thank you.
The game would have happened regardless of the roster so your point is invalid. And you not giving a **** is also not a valid point, just makes you look like an ass. This isn't about Pichu.

Why are we selfish if we like the roster? Just because we're fine that it doesn't have Mewtwo or Ridley on it? Yeah, that's some perfect logic there.
Please don't lump Ridley and Mewtwo together, completely different cases. It's selfish because it means you only are about YOUR favorites and not an actual characters and a good roster.

I can find a good reason, its that they DID NOT HAVE TIME HOLY CRAP, its been said like so many time and you ignore it.
Stop acting like a selfish person that doesn't want a fairness and a good roster. What you're saying still shows that you're missing the point and there's no use in trying to make you understand. And here's the reason time doesn't matter, THEY SHOULD HAVE PRIORITIZED THE MOST WORTHY AND DESERVING CHARACTERS FIRST HOLY CRAP, it's been said before and you ignore it.

Last edited:

Batavus

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I know Sweden has really restrictive laws against marijuana, but have you considered a 5 pound bag of weed to calm down? You know there are people being murdered in the streets in other parts of the world right this moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom