• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex MM setup thread

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
I wanted to make a thread for all MM's at Apex 2014 for SSB. Post who you want to challenge to a MM here and how much money your willing to bet.

Rules: same as the Apex rules

I challenge to MM the following:

Banze @$5.00
Fireblaster @ $5.00
greginator @ $5.00
Near @ $5.00
Star King @ $5.00
Killer @ $5.00
hipstur @ $5.00
KeroKeroppi @ $5.00

Do you accept this challenge ? and anyone else wish to challenge me to MM?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I accept :)

And my challenge of $100 to B**** Link is still up if he's not too much of a flaky coward to accept it after all the crap he talked about me on isai's stream

Shears

Smash Master
$5 MM for anybody who wants to take me on in a drunk smash set.

Rules:
-Best 2/3
-Apex stages+Hyrule
-You must finish your beer completely before winning the game otherwise the game is replayed at 5 stocks
-Intentional suicide to throw the game and force a reset will result in a loss and a one beer penalty, lets all be gentlemen
-A 5-stock results in a one beer shotgun penalty for the loser and must be completed before any character or stage selection of the subsequent game (this can be substituted with a naked lap, choice is the loser's)

10smashedforsmashchars

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i hope everyone in the hotel is aware of the 5 stock rule

if you get 5 stocked

you shotgun a beer

this is in the ruleset

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
$5 MM for anybody who wants to take me on in a drunk smash set.

Rules:
-Best 2/3
-Apex stages+Hyrule
-You must finish your beer completely before winning the game otherwise the game is replayed at 5 stocks
-Intentional suicide to throw the game and force a reset will result in a loss and a one beer penalty, lets all be gentlemen
Hell yeah. I'm down for $5.

i hope everyone in the hotel is aware of the 5 stock rule

if you get 5 stocked

you shotgun a beer

this is in the ruleset
You're not going to get kero to do it. I 5-stocked him, and the best he did was spill water all over himself.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i might take you up on that too, shears, if we're plastered already

solo i'll see what i can do about kero

also i expect your signature to read, post apex: "SuPeRbOoMfAn's donations to Han Solo: $10"

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
I'm down to mm, Jel!
If anyone wants to play/mm, just let me know. :)

You're not going to get kero to do it. I 5-stocked him, and the best he did was spill water all over himself.
I won't be drinking at Apex either, lol sorry. :awesome:

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
Of course I'll take that MM Jel ^_^ 5 dollars it is.

I also still have my $1500 dollar+ cockslap MM with Stranded. My pride and face are on the line:troll:

B Link

Smash Lord
Fire is a hot head. I never said anything that bad about him, but being the hot head he is he takes things out of proportion. Next, for some reason he thinks that not accepting a money match implies being scared of losing. That is far from the case. If anything I'm more scared for fireblaster's health should he lose, because he is clearly insecure about himself. If he really wanted to show he's better than me, then he should've just asked me to play a seriously.

I will go to Apex if I feel like it. If I choose not to go for personal reasons, and he thinks im therefore scared of him, well lol. His losing a majority of matches to m2k means he likely isn't that much better than me, if at all. Everyone can keep putting up biased polls, but the only thing that matters is when two players actually play on console. Most thought isai would destroy Peru, then Gerson ***** both his pika and Kirby in the 12 char battle lolI

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
b link your trash talk in the isai stream was something else tbh

you also said "i do plan on attending apex" iirc

and that you'd place in the money if isai were not to attend

i think we can all draw the conclusion from the above post that b link will not be in attendance at apex

B Link

Smash Lord
You recall INCORRECTLY. #1) I said I'd probably go. #2) I said I'd have a good - chance- at money (top 8-10 or whatever), and that was like a couple months ago before people like moyashi and killer confirmed. It's recorded in the Skype group chat so lol if you try and say otherwise. BTW EVERYONE COBR SAID HE WOULD "5 STOCK BOOM'S FALCON WITH SAMUS" IIRC

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
we knew moyashi was going from the summertime. and killer has been confirmed for about two months. registration didn't open til...october? maybe? or was it late september? i don't recall.

but okay b link. whateeeeeever you say.

Battlecow

Play to Win
B link ma doo I love you but you need to put up for the MM or stop talking trash about fire. You can reject the match and keep your dignity, but to do that you need to stop making claims about your skill relative to fire. Hothead or not, no one's buying this "his health" stuff.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
His losing a majority of matches to m2k means he likely isn't that much better than me, if at all.
This just shouts salt to me. Let's just say both of you suck against M2K/Kirby. Does it change anything between you two if you were to play? No. Don't bring M2K into this.

What would settle this is you going to Apex. If you're not going, then I suggest you heed Battlecattle's advice.

EDIT: I accept your MM challenge, Jel. :awesome:

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
I'm traveling ~400 miles exclusively to play a 15 year old video game and I'm damn proud of it. No alchohol/ANYTHING as far as I'm concerned xDDDDD

As for MM's, y is no one challenging me???? =c

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Definitely down Jel. I will MM literally anyone for $5. Depending on the person/matchup I could go higher. Anyone who wants a piece of me HIT ME UP.

If drinking is involved so much the better.

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
Bushido,
$5 MMyour yoshi vs my pika(need vengeance from online)
*2013 apex ruleset

Same offer extended to Sheermaddy
Yeah no prob. I let go of the YoshiGoD persona a few months back but I still like me some Yosh.

Z why dont you play your link vs yoshi match again SK at apex?
We could do that. But I'm not confident enough to MM him (unless it's a dollar lelele) so it'd stick to being a match for the sake of the MU chart or w/e

The Star King

Smash Hero
Star King @ $5.00

Do you accept this challenge ?
sure thing buddy

Hothead or not, no one's buying this "his health" stuff.
Reminds me of that one time in the old Ban Hyrule thread Battlecow was like "take a deep breath don't go into cardiac arrest Star King" when I wasn't even mad, and I was like "bro don't pull this 'u mad?' stuff that's pretty weak", and he was like "naw bruh I'm legitimately concerned about your health", and everyone was like "-_-"

good times

We could do that. But I'm not confident enough to MM him (unless it's a dollar lelele) so it'd stick to being a match for the sake of the MU chart or w/e
ok

I'm not confident enough to MM him
I am

I will MM literally anyone for $5.
ok

Battlecow

Play to Win
Reminds me of that one time in the old Ban Hyrule thread Battlecow was like "take a deep breath don't go into cardiac arrest Star King" when I wasn't even mad, and I was like "bro don't pull this 'u mad?' stuff that's pretty weak", and he was like "naw bruh I'm legitimately concerned about your health", and everyone was like "-_-"
That SK post memory

top tier

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Same offer extended to Sheermaddy
Sure, except lower it to $2.

I don't like losing more than $2 and I feel bad taking more than $2 from people so I only do $2 money matches.

But I'll probably accept pretty much any $2 mm.

My challenge list ($2):

Kero - My fox vs your pika.
greginator - My fox vs your pika.
SK - My fox vs your HORI pika.
SK - My fox vs your KB pika.
Z - My fox vs your pika.
Jel - My fox vs your pika.
jimmyjoe - My fox vs your pika.
Han solo - My pika vs your fox. =]

Last edited:

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace

I don't like losing more than $2 and I feel bad taking more than $2 from people so I only do $2 money matches.

My challenge list ($2):

Z - My fox vs your pika.
Wheres the yoshi love, sheer?

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion

My challenge list ($2):

Z - My fox vs your pika.
I'm down, but in the likely event that we don't end up playing in tournament, i want to have a real mm too.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord

My challenge list ($2):
=]
Yeah I'm down. Also mind doing one where I can pick Captain Falcon :)

Z lets do a MM as well :)

Top Bottom