• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex MM setup thread

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Did Garuda sign in on Smashboards just to "like" that post?

wut

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I wanted to make a thread for all MM's at Apex 2014 for SSB. Post who you want to challenge to a MM here and how much money your willing to bet.

Rules: same as the Apex rules

I challenge to MM the following:

Banze @$5.00
Fireblaster @ $5.00
greginator @ $5.00
Near @ $5.00
Star King @ $5.00
Killer @ $5.00
hipstur @ $5.00
KeroKeroppi @ $5.00

Do you accept this challenge ? and anyone else wish to challenge me to MM?
No offense but you're gonna lose $40 if they all accept.

The Star King

Smash Hero
ok?

ok

That SK post memory

top tier
see like 3 years from now or something we're probably gonna be arguing about something that happened on Smashboards in the past, and I'll be like "don't question mah post memory boi", and you'll be like "ur memory sux lol", and I'll be like "oh yeah? what about THIS?" and whip out this quote, which will simultaneously provide testimony from yourself and prove my point about remembering random convos from the past

it's gonna be great

hi future (maybe)

SK - My fox vs your HORI pika.
SK - My fox vs your KB pika.
IDK if you know this, but when I play on controller I prefer my OG 64 controller to my Hori. Mostly because my Hori is junk. Which I plan on selling.

I think someone from the Skype group was expressing interest in buying it at Apex, but I don't even remember who. Which flies into the face of the above conversation with Battlecow. Except not really because apparently my memory is reserved for Smashboards posts. From over a few years ago. Don't even know why.

For some reason D3xter is coming to mind. Might've been D3xter.

Anyway I'm pretty sure I'll lose on controller (so confident) but maybe I'll do it anyway

I'm a fan of that matchup. You're on. Same goes for SK.
Um... ok. The um indicates slightly less confidence in winning than I have in the other challenges I've gotten so far.

Did Garuda sign in on Smashboards just to "like" that post?

wut
where I don't see it

hahaha

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
I will have a much better shot at taking out someone here then in online play. Apex well have upsets so if I win that well be a upset if I lose I get a good game with a good player so win win for me :) Also this maybe the only time I get to play a tournament style set with all the players I listed. There is no way I would play them all in bracket.

Last edited:

Battlecow

Play to Win
I think someone from the Skype group was expressing interest in buying it at Apex, but I don't even remember who. Which flies into the face of the above conversation with Battlecow. Except not really because apparently my memory is reserved for Smashboards posts. From over a few years ago. Don't even know why.

For some reason D3xter is coming to mind. Might've been D3xter.
It was probably JIMMYJOE

My post memory is better than yours after all, I guess. He put something on smashboards about buying old horis within the past year.

banze

Smash Journeyman
Jel I accept the MM ! =]

also, I'm up for MM against anyone up to 5$

Aaaand the players I want to MM:
- Sheermadness
- The whole clan koroshiyo
- Clubba s2
- SK

any character!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I'll play people

also, if 2 KBs can be played on one console, I'll do console dubs mms with someone

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Jel I accept the MM ! =]

- Sheermadness
- Clubba s2
- SK

any character!
You're on!

My link vs your DK, bo5, DL only. ;P

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
Jel I accept the MM ! =]

- Sheermadness
- Clubba s2
- SK

any character!
I'm a Koroshiyo member, as well, but I typically don't do money matches.

But... because I'm really looking forward to playing you, I'll at least think about it. =]

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
I will have a much better shot at taking out someone here then in online play. Apex well have upsets so if I win that well be a upset if I lose I get a good game with a good player so win win for me :) Also this maybe the only time I get to play a tournament style set with all the players I listed. There is no way I would play them all in bracket.
This is a really great attitude to have.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
It was probably me asking about the filthy horis.
It's rare, but I do go on the Skype group.
Anyways i took up soldering and tinkering with controllers so I will buy your broken horis for a fair price and try to repair them. Battlecow bring your broken one to apex, and if anyone else has one bring it too

Studstill

Smash Ace
Times are tough and I like Sheer`s stance.
I`ll have enough 2$ bills for anyone to take a crack at the greatest.
@ Shears Shears what are we drinking?

Shears

Smash Master
Times are tough and I like Sheer`s stance.
I`ll have enough 2$ bills for anyone to take a crack at the greatest.
@ Shears Shears what are we drinking?
-Drunk smash ruleset but we both have to have consumed at least 3 alcoholic drinks within the half hour before the match. This rule is not necessary if a proper drunk smash tournament is conducted.
-Best 2 out of 3
-Each person has to chug a beer before the match finishes. Finishing the match before the beer is finished results in a 1 beer penalty. Match is replayed with the offender having to drink a full beer before replay. Suiciding to force your opponent into penalty is instead a penalty for the suicider and they must drink a full beer.
-If you spill or the other player shouts out a variation of 69 when a valid 69 variation is present, you have to drink from your penalty beer immediately. If you declare 69 when a 69 isn't present, you must then drink from the penalty beer as well.
-A 5-stock results in a one beer shotgun penalty for the loser and must be completed before any character or stage selection of the subsequent game (this can be substituted with a naked lap, choice is the loser's)
-Drink with honor. If the loser has beer left in their beer and the set is over, it is proper drunk smash etiquette for the loser to chug the rest of their beer.

Preferred beer for drunk smash is light beer as it allows everyone to compete and has the highest chug potential. Players are allowed to substitute the light beer for whatever beer they prefer at their own expense. Liquor is not allowed to be used for in match drinking, must be beer.

In fact, to gauge interest in a drunk smash tournament I'll create a bracket and people can pre-register for it.

https://advancedbrackets.com/viewTournament.aspx?id=4186

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I like how the random hitbox was ness doing his dash attack

What you doing ness, you seem drunk.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
can ya'll stop with the ipas

they're not that good

stouts, porters, ambers and reds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ipas

Bark Sanchez

Smash Apprentice
-Drunk smash ruleset but we both have to have consumed at least 3 alcoholic drinks within the half hour before the match. This rule is not necessary if a proper drunk smash tournament is conducted.
-Best 2 out of 3
-Each person has to chug a beer before the match finishes. Finishing the match before the beer is finished results in a 1 beer penalty. Match is replayed with the offender having to drink a full beer before replay. Suiciding to force your opponent into penalty is instead a penalty for the suicider and they must drink a full beer.
-If you spill or the other player shouts out a variation of 69 when a valid 69 variation is present, you have to drink from your penalty beer immediately. If you declare 69 when a 69 isn't present, you must then drink from the penalty beer as well.
-A 5-stock results in a one beer shotgun penalty for the loser and must be completed before any character or stage selection of the subsequent game (this can be substituted with a naked lap, choice is the loser's)
-Drink with honor. If the loser has beer left in their beer and the set is over, it is proper drunk smash etiquette for the loser to chug the rest of their beer.

Preferred beer for drunk smash is light beer as it allows everyone to compete and has the highest chug potential. Players are allowed to substitute the light beer for whatever beer they prefer at their own expense. Liquor is not allowed to be used for in match drinking, must be beer.

In fact, to gauge interest in a drunk smash tournament I'll create a bracket and people can pre-register for it.

https://advancedbrackets.com/viewTournament.aspx?id=4186
I'm down for this

and any combination of a 20$ best 3of5 MM / 5$ 12 char battle

I think after ~2 months of not playing eachother it'll be more interesting than it would be to MM now.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
can ya'll stop with the ipas

they're not that good

stouts, porters, ambers and reds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ipas
**** Porters, lol.

I don't mind the inclusion of Stouts or Reds/Ambers but porters, ehh.

Also, drunk money matches? Going to have to Dip(a)

Last edited:

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Also I'm gonna fa sho bring a recording set up (with at least 1 mic) and another console! Dont think I can fit a CRT on the bus though.

Top Bottom