• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted Sign Up Thread (Start Date 10/22))

Chaco

Never Logs In
All characters fully added.

Question for everyone, is there any rule or function you would like to see in play that isn’t typical or something you’d like changed? How does everyone feel about the day phase?

Depending on when it fills, I will try and start a few days after. Looking forward to running this!

Pythag Pythag Rockin Rockin #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe KevinM KevinM #HBC | Acrostic #HBC | Acrostic

Also down to have a co-mod if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Extensive experience pushes me to warn you that "no action taken" is not the correct course of action for some actions.

Assuming the existence of a factional kill, there are edge cases where scum are incentivized to no kill and players are incentivized to no lynch (see 4 man MyLo with no confirm). In order to avoid these, it's generally preferable to force scum (and SKs and the like) to kill every night. This means that "if no action is submitted" factional kills should be randomized among living players that are not of the faction.

Sometimes actions should be compulsive as well (compulsive vig, for example). My rules state that any action not explicitly stated in the role PM to be compulsive will not be used. Compulsive actions will target a random player. Factional kills are considered compulsive and cannot target members of the faction.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also I assume you mean that you'll announce if the rules change "post game start" or something. After the game begins or whatever. I don't need an announcement after the game, lmao.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also I assume you mean that you'll announce if the rules change "post game start" or something. After the game begins or whatever. I don't need an announcement after the game, lmao.
Yeah that’s correct. And good thought on the above actually. I’m gonna modify them and post an updated more linear ruleset to my specifications later.I copied a basic ruleset from GLG when starting the thread, but as I’ve been going more in depth I’ve been tweaking and I want to know specifically what people wanted to see. Day phases were my biggest concern initially.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Chaco, all roles are assigned randomly, yeah? You're not going to make me scum just to see my scum meta are you? :estatic:

Chaco

Never Logs In
If this fills over the weekend or the beginning of the week, I’ll plan on starting the game on the 15th and run the first deadline to the following Friday evening.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
If this fills over the weekend or the beginning of the week, I’ll plan on starting the game on the 15th and run the first deadline to the following Friday evening.
bro I have a trial from 10/19 -10/21 and it is going to eat up literally all my free time. Any chance we can delay start until after the 21st?

Last edited:

Chaco

Never Logs In
bro I have a trial from 10/19 -10/21 and it is going to eat up literally all my free time. Any chance we can delay start until after the 21st?
Yeah that doesn’t bother me at all. So long as everyone is cool with that. I’ll probably just run conformations 48 hours before that and then start the day after that. That’ll give me ample time to set up things and get everyone confirmed and role PMs made up.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Okay fine, once more into the breach.

/in
Man, bessie really wants me to play, but I don't think I'll be much use in a game this big.
Oh, hell...
/in
I'll play.

Yeah that doesn’t bother me at all. So long as everyone is cool with that. I’ll probably just run conformations 48 hours before that and then start the day after that. That’ll give me ample time to set up things and get everyone confirmed and role PMs made up.
Malakandra Malakandra does this work for you?

Chaco

Never Logs In
That would be dope if it worked out for Mala.

Eido Eido Yo, would you want a mentor to discuss things with? Or do you feel like it’ll be something you can jump into fairly quickly. I could probably find someone to mentor pretty easily. But I just figured I’d offer. This is a really good cast to play with, so you should be fine. But by mentor I mean not someone to help you with reads or the like, but more so talk to about fundamentals, logic, fallacies, etc.They wouldn’t be playing the game with you, just there for assistance if need be.

Chaco

Never Logs In
So long as Ryu stays in there’s only one slot remaining. Stacked player list. Excited to host for you guys.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I messaged someone specific to ask them, but if they cannot anyone that would like to mentor shoot me a PM

fontisian

Smash Champion
Chaco Chaco Sounds great. Let me know once you've found someone.

I've also been checking out this thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/mafia-theory-discussion.504383/

If there are any similar threads out there, I'd appreciate the links.
There are a few dozen articles here:

My favorites are:

And here's one for osieorb18 osieorb18 :)

Last edited:

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Honestly, the fact that Eido is proactive enough to be reading up on guides tells me they'll be fine without a mentor. But I could mentor if you want me to. But I think it'd be better to keep me on replacements since there will no inevitably be somebody that drops.

Since we are delaying starting until the 21st I could be upgraded to in as well. But I'll be VA/LA on the 25th

Chaco

Never Logs In
Honestly, the fact that Eido is proactive enough to be reading up on guides tells me they'll be fine without a mentor. But I could mentor if you want me to. But I think it'd be better to keep me on replacements since there will no inevitably be somebody that drops.

Since we are delaying starting until the 21st I could be upgraded to in as well. But I'll be VA/LA on the 25th
Yeah this is my general consensus as well, that’s why I gave them the option. But that’s completely fine with me as well. And only the one day Boom? If so with the length of the day phases I’m sure that would be fine. Shall I have you complete the list?

Top Bottom