• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted Sign Up Thread (Start Date 10/22))

Chaco

Never Logs In
1601502139318.jpeg
Hello! Welcome to Apex Legends Mafia! This is a large, closed, theme-game based off of Season 6 “Boosted” in Apex. Knowledge of flavor is not at all needed, and will give you little edge in playing this game. I will post a link to EA where it shows all playable characters so that anyone can look over them, and basically that’s all the flavor knowledge you need. Seeing as how this is based off of a Battle Royale, no faction is based off of EA lore. That means that I randomized who I chose to be what faction, because any character can be with any other to be a squad in game.
01. Be kind to each other.
02. Do not edit your posts. Feel free to double post for corrections if necessary.
03. Vote in bold; you do not have to unvote to vote a new person. Please try to place your vote at the top or bottom of the post to help prevent mod errors. Example: Vote: Marshy Unvote: Marshy
04. Days will last for half of the existing player base +1, so 14 alive results in Day 1 being 8 Days. 6 Alive would be 4 Days for that phase. So on and so forth. I am trying this out to see how it works so it allows players more time in larger numbers alive. Nights will always be 48 hours. If a majority is not reached the player with the highest vote count will be eliminated, and in the event of a tie the player who received the most votes first will be eliminated.
05. You are allowed to vote for No Elimination.
06. Don't talk about the game outside of the thread unless your role says you can. All outside communication must include the Mod. Talk is not limited to PM: so you may use QT, or any other resource to speak as long as the mod is present in the channel.
07. It is preferred you ask questions to the mod in your role PM. Direct questions in thread will be answered so long as it is not detrimental to any players in the gane
08. No hidden code and text and such. You can breadcrumb.
09. You can not post screenshots containing any private data, or reference any private data such as the time a PM was sent, etc. You can not directly quote any PMs from the mod or reference any pictures. Screenshots of personal notes are OK to post, as long as they contain no mod data.
10. No posting in the thread when you are dead, or during the night phase.
11. Prods will be issued for not posting for 24 hours. Three prods will get you replaced.
12. Failure to submit a night action will result in no action being taken.
13. No roles are banned from this game, but I will confirm there are no ******* mechanics.
14. Rules are subject to change, and if the rules are changed post game I will make an announcement doing so.

1601503074190.jpeg
Hello, PLAYERNAME, Welcome to Apex Mafia. You are Kuben Blisk, Merciless Founder. You are the leader of the Apex Predators, and creator of the Apex Games. Seeing as how you’re the reason everyone’s all here, you’re not in the game!

Active Ability-Throwing Knife: At anytime you may command KILL: Playername, and they will be hit with your throwing knife.
Passive Ability- Interrogation: Upon killing a player, you will learn the alignment of one player within the same faction as them.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to your games are eliminated, or you just kill everyone who does.

Town:
You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Mafia:
You win when you outnumber town or nothing can prevent the same.

If any other win conditions are present, they would be on a per role basis, and will not be shared in the thread. I am adding this section due to not giving direct example of mafia and town roles.

1601740766568.jpeg

Don’t be fooled, despite her rugged exterior and military precision, Anita Williams has a more noble cause for entering the Apex Games. Separated from her family during a military mission, she’s raising the funds to fight her way back.
1601740853893.jpeg

The identity of Bloodhound is unknown. Rumours range from the crow-clad hunter being fabulously wealthy to living the life of a slave in a past life.
1601740945240.jpeg

Once a scientist named Alexander Nox who worked for the Frontier’s leading pesticide gases manufacturer, he would be changed irrevocably after deciding to test a stronger formula on himself.
1601741084961.jpeg

The hacker-come-fugitive Crypto joins the apex games. He uses his aerial drones to scout out terrain and watch his back for foes in the Apex Arena.
1602013793516.jpeg

Gibraltar is a gentle giant with a wild side. The son of two SARAS (Search and Rescue Association of Solace) volunteers, he has always been skilled at getting others out of dangerous situations that are common in the Outlands. However, he only began to understand the value of protecting others when he and his boyfriend stole his father’s motorcycle, took it on a joyride, and got trapped by a deadly mudslide. His parents saved them, and his father lost an arm in the process. Gibraltar has never forgotten that sacrifice and has devoted his life to helping those in need.
1602013980613.jpeg

Ajay Che, aka Lifeline, isn’t someone you would expect to find in the Apex Games. The child of wealthy war profiteers, she left home when she learned of the damage her family had caused and enlisted in the Frontier Corps, a humanitarian organization that aids Frontier communities in need. She’s since devoted her life to helping others and joined the Apex Games to fund the Frontier Corps with her winnings.
1602014138491.jpeg

When Loba was nine, she looked on as simulacrum hitman Revenant killed her family. Left with nothing, Loba survived by picking pockets. As her skills improved, Loba used every tool at her disposal to lift herself from the gutter. Everything changed when she broke into a supposedly impenetrable facility and got her hands on the Jump Drive tech stored inside. With her new teleportation bracelet, the most secure and unattainable items were within her reach. So was her dream of living the high life.
1602014247550.png

Mirage is the kind of guy who likes to stand out. The youngest of four brothers, he perfected the art of fooling around to get attention. The one thing he took seriously was Holo-Pilot technology: introduced to the illusion-creating tech by his engineer mother, he poured over the mechanisms and learned all he could about them. Even when his brothers went MIA during the Frontier War, Mirage and his mother continued to develop holo devices, and the work brought them closer.
1602014419330.jpeg

One day, Octavio Silva was bored. In fact, he was bored most days. Son of the preoccupied CEO of Silva Pharmaceuticals and wanting for nothing in life, he entertained himself by performing death-defying stunts and posting holovids of them for his fans to gawk over. So, this day, he decided to set the course record for a nearby Gauntlet by launching himself across the finish line – using a grenade.
1602014554144.jpeg

Pathfinder is the picture of optimism, despite his circumstances. A MRVN (Mobile Robotic Versatile eNtity) modified to specialize in location scouting and surveying, he booted up decades ago in an abandoned warehouse with no idea who created him or why. With only his MRVN designation to hint at his identity, Pathfinder eventually set off in search of his creator.
1602014682181.jpeg

Rampart is a blue-collar, private business owner who just needs a big gun and a backpack full of scrap metal to get by in the dangerous, wild west world of the Outlands. Before opening her popular modding shop on Gaea, Ramya Parekh (Rampart for short) made a name for herself in the underground gauntlet circuit. Parekh climbed to the top showcasing pure skill using her custom-modded gear. She began taking jobs from smugglers, Syndicate members, and everyone in between. Some say it ain’t great unless it’s got “Rampart” written on it.
1602014771451.jpeg

Revenant used to be human. He used to be the greatest hitman the Mercenary Syndicate ever had. He used to look in the mirror and see his human face looking back. But time changes everything, and when his programming finally failed, he saw what he had become at the hands of the Mercenary Syndicate and Hammond Robotics: a walking nightmare of steel and vestigial flesh. His masters resurrected him as a simulacrum, snatching him from death’s embrace again and again and programming him to forget.
1602014931454.jpeg
Natalie “Wattson” Paquette is a familiar face in the Apex Games, though for a different reason than most. Daughter of the Games’ lead electrical engineer, she studied his manuals to stay close to him, and discovered her calling at a young age. Though she could be completely distracted one moment and hyper-focused the next, electricity grounded her – its ordered, predictable flow made sense in a way the rest of the world didn’t.
1602015095267.jpeg

Wraith is a whirlwind fighter, able to execute deadly attacks and manipulate spacetime by opening rifts in the fabric of reality — but those abilities came at a price. Years ago, she woke up in an IMC detention facility with no memory of who she was. Senior Science Pilot Renee Blasey, who volunteered as guinea pig for her own experiments... whose partner betrayed her and locked her away… no longer existed. All that was left was a timid girl, frightened by a cacophony of voices in her head, until another version of herself appeared and taught her to listen to the voices. Following her lead, Wraith found the strength to break free from her prison and escape into a different reality - this reality.

Players:
1. Wam
2. FrozenFlame
3. Xivii
4. Eido
5. Vicarin
6. Sabrar
7. Bessie
8. Ryker
9. Red Ryu
10. LaserGuy
11. Somitomi
12. Fontisian
13. Malakandra
14. Maven89

Replacements:
1. UtopianPoyzin
2. BoomFrog

Spectate:

Thread still under construction, all characters added.

Last edited:

Wam

Smash Ace
When is the planned start date?

Day phase rule looks like a good experiment to me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
When is the planned start date?

Day phase rule looks like a good experiment to me.
I don’t have a planned start date as of yet, kind’ve playing it by ear as the game fills. Once I see how it’s gonna be filling the game, I’ll have a better idea into when.

Wam

Smash Ace
/in if it starts after the 14th otherwise /in to replace

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
all these boys postin and none of em signing smh

Chaco you know I gotchu bro put me in this ****, critical support for the homies trying to find good deadline balance

/in

Chaco

Never Logs In
all these boys postin and none of em signing smh

Chaco you know I gotchu bro put me in this ****, critical support for the homies trying to find good deadline balance

/in
Lol atta boy, FF. Yeah I’m trying to find good balance with it, but I just don’t know if I’ll be able to fill this with 14. We shall see. Would definitely be a fun game to run though. Theme games were always my ****.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
After last game I'm scared to roll scum and getting yeeted immediately for not being able to replicate that exact tone... But I'll consider it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I’m gonna give this probably two weeks to fill, and if it doesn’t I’m going to ask the cast what open or semi-open set up they’d like to see, so just keep that in your mind in case. I can adapt this set up to lower numbers, but I feel it’s best state is at 14.

Sabrar Sabrar I don’t think you’d have problem emulating that tone from any standpoint from what I saw of your play.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Thread updated, still more to go. Added win conditions and slowly adding character bank. Probably will modify win cons to more flavor based once I write role PMs.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hi there. Is this game open to new players?

I’ve been playing Among Us, and it's introduced me to forum mafia. Would love to try this out. Thanks
Have no problem with that at all. It may be quite a bit different to start out with per forum mafia, but I’m sure everyone is welcome to newcomers. I’ll add you in.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oof I would but I am busy with Destiny 2 and trying to do stuff before content goes away. Good luck y'all.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
If Vicarin joins I'll do so as well. Long time since I tunneled him...

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Ha, sure. I'm going to be a bit rusty with the entirety of forum mafia having mostly played BotC for the past year, but ah well.

/in

Top Bottom