• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, also plz protect me now 😃. In fact, if wam doesn't happen to get killed, I'm a great jail target now.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
This doesn't strike me as a very newbie-friendly game 👀

I'll be online for awhile so anyone ping me when you want my claim.

Wam

Smash Ace
Bro, you literally voted bessie after Xivii suspected her. It was only the big case from him that came after your post. Go to the post where voted and scroll up.
Give me a link, still not seeing it.

I'm harping on about this as it's the one thing that's stopping me town reading you.

fontisian

Smash Champion
So, Wam can jail Vic from now on, yeah? If we can get the roleblocker Today, we'll set up a chain where scum have to kill Wam > Vic > Mala to get to Mala.

Wam

Smash Ace
So, Wam can jail Vic from now on, yeah? If we can get the roleblocker Today, we'll set up a chain where scum have to kill Wam > Vic > Mala to get to Mala.
Assuming there's nothing scum have to stop it yes. Seems awfully town sided though...

I did have 1 worry earlier, how common are cults on this forum?

fontisian

Smash Champion
Ryker - I'm generally incredibly paranoid by Ryker. He can do some crazy stuff like straight-up claim mafia and still get to endgame by charisma alone. I don't currently fathom any motivation behind claiming masons though, especially with an IC. Ryker has also been driving the came forward and his tone is like Flavorless II.

Fontisian - I have been able to follow her thoughts and they are aligned with mine. I don't see any manipulation going on here. The only tinfoil I have is Fonti-UP, but it's not something I'd consider unless my bottom three are atrociously wrong.

FrozenFlame - Frozen has voiced a number of suspicious that I've had before me having expressed them, which makes me think he's seeing things from the same PoV. I'm worried about how open he was to mass claiming though and the fact that all of his posts are townie to me. From experience, I tend to scum read townFrozen and town read scumFrozen, so....hopefully his play and my ability to read him are just evolving.

Somitomi - I believe Laser's some read whether Laser is scum or town. Also somi seems loose overall.

Maven - In his catch up post, Maven brought up thoughts that I had but had not voiced yet. In particular regarding Red Ryu's read post. His play is also consistent with the town meta I have of him.

Vicarin- His tone seems townie. And I liked how he kept inquiring about my Ryu read. When I read scum!Vicarin, the tone of voice has a higher pitch.

UtopianPoyzin - I think he is playing from an innocent point of view, but I share Frozen's paranoia.

Bessie - I'm going back and forth on bessie. I'd like to wait until she responds to my meta question before going into this. I remember bessie trying to challenge someone's town read and that was suspicious. Actually, now that I think about it, really suspicious. Because it was on UP, someone she hadn't really been commenting on before. So as I'm writing this, I'm edging closer to the side of scum bessie.

Eido - Good townie-like play overall. However, I share UP's feelings in that I can't definitely place him. Whether this is really Eido's first game or he's an alt account, he's definitely no typical newbie. If we are dealing with a minimum of four scum, then by process of elimination, it is leading me to Eido and bessie. Eido's recent play has also been suspicious to me. He seemed flustered when I called on everyone to wagon Laser. He asked me to go into my Laser read and I recently provided the details, but he hasn't addressed it and instead has voted wam.

Red Ryu - posted here.

Wam - his play seems manipulative and self-aware to me. His read progression also doesn't make sense. Particularly as it pertains to me. As I noted here.

LaserGuy - posted here.
The thing is, I knew you were going to vote Ryker as soon as it was the second page and he had ignored your question. So I was surprised that you didn't vote when you came back. Also, you keep framing this as if there was RVS, but it was over halfway into the first page which has been fairly common, and you already had something you were suspicious of so it wouldn't have been random.

This is the one I'm referring to:
What was your intention?

I'm not sure what you mean with regard to my responses.
Wam Wam

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
That idea is why I think wam's claimed ability is false, along with it not managing to block me apparently.

fontisian

Smash Champion
That idea is why I think wam's claimed ability is false, along with it not managing to block me apparently.
Wam claimed that it should have blocked you after your targetting of Mala was already confirmed. Why would he catch himself in a lie?

Reactions: Wam

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I'm revising events in my head for my own benefit:

• Wam targets Mala. Blocks all Night actions & protects him.
  • Vicarin targets Mala. Ignores Wam's block, protects Mala forever and turns him in to vanilla.
  • Vic's role somehow went through.

Is that right?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Well, fair. Scum RBer targeting wam would be interesting though.

Gotta say, being able to vanillize an IC to know whether my ability went through or not is sweet.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Do you know if I am immune to yeets in your ability Vicarin?

Wam, what were you told last night?

Maven89

Smash Master
No.
1. Vic claimed his protection was a one-shot
2. Jailor prevents his target from being killed or taking actions

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Wam as king I order you to put this man in jail for my safety, and I guess his to. So put him in protective custody in our most lavish dungeon!

Also this would be an amazing gambit sd scum to never be voted out lol

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Its a 1 shot setup Maven, afterwards it just passively exists.

Malakandra: I don't think so, I can check, but I don't think it's a great use of time.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
I mean, if scum has a strongman they probably shoulda used it last night. If you end up dead before me I'm getting yeet so fast...

fontisian

Smash Champion
So, here's the issue. Does scum!Wam try to shoot Mala while targetting someone else and then claim he was roleblocked? I think the answer is no: in any reasonable world where Mala dies N1, we yeet Wam immediately after, and he knows that.

I think Wam was roleblocked and should be cleared.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I think the answer is no: in any reasonable world where Mala dies N1, we yeet Wam immediately after, and he knows that.
This bit is definitely not true. My base assumption is the scum team has a role blocker if not a redirector. Wam has gone about his claim in a townie way and I agree he is town but your logic is bad.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
So, I know that Vic's role has gone through as Mala confirmed it.

But how do we know this confirms a roleblocker? Does that mean 2 protective roles exist together on the same alignment and there needs to be a roleblocker?

Or could one of the protective roles be a dud? (In this case, it would have to be Wam's?)

The bigger picture is really unclear to me right now.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
If you dont have good reasoning im just going to tell people to vote you for everyday you refuse to claim.

fontisian

Smash Champion
So, I know that Vic's role has gone through as Mala confirmed it.

But how do we know this confirms a roleblocker? Does that mean 2 protective roles exist together on the same alignment and there needs to be a roleblocker?

Or could one of the protective roles be a dud? (In this case, it would have to be Wam's?)

The bigger picture is really unclear to me right now.
Wam is claiming his ability should have blocked Vicarin's from targeting Mala. So, since Vic was able to target Mala, Wam believes he was roleblocked.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Eido Eido Way should have blocked me, I know I wasn't, so either wam got blocked too, implying a scum RBer, or wam is lying.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Ok, thanks. I see it.

What about 2 protective abilities being on the same side? Does this suggest Wam is not aligned with Vicarin?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Possible in a 14 player game, especially given how mine works, need more info for decent speculation though.

Top Bottom