• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Hi all, nice to be here. This is my 1st game. Happy to give more of an intro if needed.

Vote: bessie

What are you hiding beneath that cute doggy avatar?

Will read in more detail later. I work all day so evening times til the early hours of insomnia are better for me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
“Marvelous!”

Vote Count 1.1:
Malakandra(1): Malakandra
bessie(2): LaserGuy, Eido
Vicarin(2): Xivii, Ryker
Sabrar(1): Wam

Not Voting(9):
Wam, FrozenFlame, Vicarin, Sabrar, Bessie, RedRyu, Somitomi, Fontisian, Maven89

Last edited:

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I am reading.

I can’t speak for whether this mass claim is good or bad. I'm following the posts on it.

Right now, I'm more interested in the atmosphere it's created and how players are feeding in to this.

Headspace is vague right now, but questions to follow tonight. I suppose everyone else needs to post first too.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
I haven't read a thing besides the intro post yet (why does every game start coincide with the one day of the week that I'm AFK?), I'm just here to say hi to Malakandra.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Mod Note: If you are going to be V/LA, or gone one day or two, please note it in the game thread for all to see. I will keep a log of it in first post. Thanks.
This is just for ease of access for all players and myself as well as not issuing prods in that circumstance.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
My hounds are at your service.

Vote: bessie
Dog fighting is illegal you know...
Lynch all liars. Easy game, easy game.
Ok, so in the mass claim scenario, the most useful town power role gets to choose between getting killed immediately and dying whenever the lie is revealed. The option that doesn't immediately kill a PR exposes them to the same risk of getting yeeted as mafia, that's not a good tradeoff.
No, but I AM HERE
<snip>
I agree with Vicarin, since the characters are randomized, trying to match alignments to them isn't going to do jack.
Why does vic always end up in a mass claim argument?
I'm wondering why there's always at least one player arguing for a mass claim when pretty much every "Hitchhiker's Guide to Mafia Modding" tells you that a mass claim on D1 should not break the setup.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
I don't want a mass claim. I don't disagree with the argument for it in principle, and for sure I have played in setups that could have been broken easily by a mass claim, I just agree with fonti that it's the least fun option. But I think Ryker is probably Town for proposing it.

Vicarin has a low tolerance for shenanigans of any kind and I don't feel that his reaction is strongly alignment indicative.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I'm gathering that you're getting kinda defensive apparently.
Disagree with this, Ryker seemed aggressive to me and not defensive
Oh, and the mass claim didn't even happen until D5. Slightly different to a D1 mass claim methinks.
Irrelevant, the question is whether a D1 mass claim in that game would have broken it. And for that you do not have to read through the whole game, just check the role pm-s at the end.
I read enough of Lost Mafia to realise that it's a pretty bad example for your argument and say so
Disagree, a D1 mass claim would have caused serious issues for scum because Mafia and SK can't coordinate to block Doc and kill Cop.

On a completely different matter I would be interested in a mass claim because it transforms the game into a puzzle but I'm aware that most people do not share my pov on this.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll do what fontisian fontisian says.
as a recent turbosnow victim who made the same mistake I'd advise proceeding with abundant caution

Tbh, kinda down to blind mass claim.
now this is the juice smashboards mafia has been missing for far too long

As the second most townie in this whole Town I'm declaring myself mayor of this Town to Malak's king. We need petitions in triplicate from each of you to allow you a stay of execution.

PS: since I'm town bessie won't get the chance to vote me off. :joyful:
since when does Sab LAMIST? I know it's RVS but still
Claiming town day 1 oh so scummy.
is this a joke or legit? Because Sab's LAMIST def pinged for me

My dude, can you chill a bit?
you will very quickly come to find that for Ryker, the answer to this question will always be an unequivocal no. best start getting used to it

not really opposed to mass claim, I don't think Chaco would lie about randomizing the alignments and my role could just as easily be a scum role as it would still have utility in that capacity so from my limited POV randomization checks out

Vote: Red Ruy

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu
whats your take on ryker's early claim push?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sup everybody, been a while.

BTW my posting will be limited due to work and other obligations so keep this in mind with activity.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame i am against it. If this was my past set-ups I would make it a game that no role could confirm nor deny anyone off a claim outside of night action tracking.

Past games are why I never pair a watcher and doctor together like some of the examples given. I doubt any competent set-up can track and clear everyone on night actions alone.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I doubt any competent set-up can track and clear everyone on night actions alone.
To be 100% clear, I agree with this statement and am not calling Chaco an incompetent. However, it does generally pseudo-clear multiple townies and restrain scum options at the price of losing some of your PRs sooner than you'd like. If the scum team is NKing PRs, though, it means they aren't NKing people with regard to how they want to craft the next day phase, so it becomes easier for players who are on them to stay on them instead of disappearing into the night.

So no, it will likely not solve the game mechanically. However, I've already typecast all you "it's not fun" players as needing the crutch of town cop to feel like you can find scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Look, the problem with massclaiming Day 1 is that it's boring. Either the setup is broken, and there was never any point in any of this, or it's not broken, and we're just telling scum who to shoot.

Let's not claim and keep it interesting.
I get the mindset but frankly I would rather break a set-up so people learn from it rather than just playing nice.

Still I do not think it would do a massive clearing.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Timeline:
  • I ask for a game on this site solvable by D1 mass claim
  • You give Lost Mafia as an example
  • I start reading it
  • You then claim that certain role combos are broken in any set up, but don't provide any particular example (note: I don't know which games have these role combos, hence me asking)
  • I read enough of Lost Mafia to realise that it's a pretty bad example for your argument and say so
  • You proceed to ask a bunch of pretty irrelvant questions to distract instead of actually providing a relevant example for your argument <- we are here

What would you accept as evidence that a mass claim is a bad idea in a closed setup?

Well, you responded with Lost Mafia in 1 minute when I first asked, why wouldn't I think you have them easily accessable if you respond with a 9 year old game that quickly?
I'd like insight on his motivations with this post. Does anyone have a game with him on the books?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
To be 100% clear, I agree with this statement and am not calling Chaco an incompetent. However, it does generally pseudo-clear multiple townies and restrain scum options at the price of losing some of your PRs sooner than you'd like. If the scum team is NKing PRs, though, it means they aren't NKing people with regard to how they want to craft the next day phase, so it becomes easier for players who are on them to stay on them instead of disappearing into the night.

So no, it will likely not solve the game mechanically. However, I've already typecast all you "it's not fun" players as needing the crutch of town cop to feel like you can find scum.
So you more so think it is a gamble worth taking where it’s easier to catch people in a lie and limit down the pool sooner than later.

in turn players have to use strong day play and can last longer, because you can’t let some roles make it to late game.

I get it here, but I feel like if I made the set-up I wouldn’t let a role do this on it’s own. Rather good play to also show intent would be where I would design it.

Wam

Smash Ace
as a recent turbosnow victim who made the same mistake I'd advise proceeding with abundant caution

now this is the juice smashboards mafia has been missing for far too long

since when does Sab LAMIST? I know it's RVS but still
is this a joke or legit? Because Sab's LAMIST def pinged for me

you will very quickly come to find that for Ryker, the answer to this question will always be an unequivocal no. best start getting used to it

not really opposed to mass claim, I don't think Chaco would lie about randomizing the alignments and my role could just as easily be a scum role as it would still have utility in that capacity so from my limited POV randomization checks out

Vote: Red Ruy

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu
whats your take on ryker's early claim push?
Legit

Also doubly suspicious that both have now ignored me.

Sabrar normally loves any excuse to vote me day 1.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Just curious, are a lot of people here new or from a different site in a cross forum game? If so who knows know from past game.

I only can speak for people here in Dgames.

Wam

Smash Ace
Just curious, are a lot of people here new or from a different site in a cross forum game? If so who knows know from past game.

There are a load of ex xkcd players.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
We might be able to deduce scum from a mass flavor claim. There's 14 characters in the flavor link and there's 14 slots. Pathfinder is the good robot and he is innocent child, so I feel like Revenant is probably scum since he seems to be the evil robot.
What was your reasoning for asking for a flavor claim (rather than just a mass claim) if you believe that roles can be so easily inferred from flavor? And why would you expect flavor to follow alignment if mafia cannot possibly have safe claims?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
My dude, can you chill a bit?
What about this post did you feel needed to chill? Of all the posts Ryker has made, this is an odd one to call out.
Not really. I checked the thread before bed, but I was watching a movie last night.
What movie?
Except if Vicarin is also in the game.
You're not voting Vic either. Why are you not voting?

I do not know what you are saying here. What does "who knows know from past game" mean? Anyway, you've played with Laser, Sabrar, and bessie in Crossover mafia.
What was your reasoning for asking for a flavor claim (rather than just a mass claim) if you believe that roles can be so easily inferred from flavor? And why would you expect flavor to follow alignment if mafia cannot possibly have safe claims?
I don't recall asking for flavor claims.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Xivii Xivii On page 1 you said you’re following Fontisian as a way of reading tone. Are you planning to do the same with everyone?

In the sign-up thread, it felt like you and Ryker have had history together. How are you finding Ryker's tone here?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
What movie?
The Old Guard.

I don't recall asking for flavor claims.
Referring to this:
We might be able to deduce scum from a mass flavor claim. There's 14 characters in the flavor link and there's 14 slots. Pathfinder is the good robot and he is innocent child, so I feel like Revenant is probably scum since he seems to be the evil robot.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii Xivii On page 1 you said you’re following Fontisian as a way of reading tone. Are you planning to do the same with everyone?

In the sign-up thread, it felt like you and Ryker have had history together. How are you finding Ryker's tone here?
Great questions. How did you find out about Dgames?

For Fontisian, I meant I'd follow her decision with regard to mass claiming. I wanted to put her in a hot seat to see how she would answer.

I'm not sure on Ryker yet. We have a history, but I can't see we've ever really been good at reading each other.

The Old Guard.
There are three things that provoke overwhelming fear for me: being trapped underwater while being eternally revived is one of them.

Referring to this:
Right, I didn't request for flavor claims there.

Top Bottom