• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
So, Ryker, who besides Malakandra has been cleared as town?
Obviously everyone in my kingdom is town. We run a tight ship around here. Pledge fealty or die naive!

But remember to pass through immigration its headed by sir Wam

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as how this is based off of a Battle Royale, no faction is based off of EA lore. That means that I randomized who I chose to be what faction, because any character can be with any other to be a squad in game.
Mass flavor claim ain't gonna do much.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Mass claim seems inadvisable seeing as the character list is public, and apparently the characters making up scum are randomized, so I'm not really sure what it would achieve beyond allowing scum to target the exact roles that they're scared of.
Who gives a **** about characters?

Mass claim locks players into a role they have to support for the rest of the game. You can't make up a claim at the end that fits your story. Scum are forced to play the game with that

Malakandra

Smash Lord
To read tone.

We might be able to deduce scum from a mass flavor claim. There's 14 characters in the flavor link and there's 14 slots. Pathfinder is the good robot and he is innocent child, so I feel like Revenant is probably scum since he seems to be the evil robot.
Eh that seems like a bit too much of a stretch to me. In the OP it says they were randomized. You could be right, but I don't think it's worth the Info scum can deduce from towns true flavor claims for the chance that good robot town means bad robot scum.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Who gives a **** about characters?

Mass claim locks players into a role they have to support for the rest of the game. You can't make up a claim at the end that fits your story. Scum are forced to play the game with that
They just say they lied, because its what we would expect a more important town role to do as well.

Do you usually push for mass claim in games?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Malakandra, you have a license to lurk. I suggest you use it rather than giving replies for other people to parrot. You talked about not getting pocketed, you can accomplish that by not letting people know where you stand until you have something you need to push for. You have no one to answer to, so don't give people the answers that you want to hear.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Having not played on this forum before, are games setups here usually susceptible to being broken by a D1 mass claim? Or at least have it not be too detrimental to town?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
But I dont like lurking 😕 ah well. I said i was going to bed anyway. I plan on being more quiet about my reads, but I'll think over taking a more back seat position.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Having not played on this forum before, are games setups here usually susceptible to being broken by a D1 mass claim? Or at least have it not be too detrimental to town?
Closed set-ups almost everywhere tend to have that issue if you can apply a little bit of critical thinking to deal with the back third of the game.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
This is a 14 player game.

Set-up is almost certainly 9-11 town.

There's almost certainly an indy in the game (unless there's two scum factions which I generally count as an indy). This means 3-4 scum and 1-2 indies.

I expect if there's a fourth scumbag, it's likely traitor or something to that effect, but it could just be that town is stacked and there are four scum. Inno child suggests this.

Any game with strong factions leads to claim chicanery at the end and the sooner scum have to claim, the tighter the noose when it comes to the end when they have to justify their actions.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
No, but I AM HERE

BangaloreSoldierStrongman
BloodhoundTrackerTracker
CausticToxic TrapperGovernor
CryptoSurveillanceFramer
GibraltarShieldBulletproof
LifelineMedicDoc
LobaTheifTheif
MirageTricksterJOAT
OctaneAdrenaline JunkieDouble Voter
PathfinderScoutInnocent Child
RampartQuick Witted ModderGunsmith
RevenantSynthetic NightmareNinja
WattsonDefenderBodyguard
WraithInterdimensional SkirmisherHider

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Ah, sorry, let me clarify.

Can you give a specific example of a previous closed setup game where a mass claim would have/ did end up working well for town?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
But you can find any set-up that has Watcher/Doctor or Watcher/Bodyguard and they're broken. Watcher/Cop is also very, very strong.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna read through this 9 year old mafia game and NOONE can stop me.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
But you can find any set-up that has Watcher/Doctor or Watcher/Bodyguard and they're broken. Watcher/Cop is also very, very strong.
Please give a specific game then that has those on this site that would have been broken by mass claim, I haven't read through games here.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why are you looking for specific examples? What does a mass claim need to accomplish for you to consider it? What are you gathering from this conversation? What answer are you looking for from me to help you further your read?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Why are you looking for specific examples? What does a mass claim need to accomplish for you to consider it? What are you gathering from this conversation? What answer are you looking for from me to help you further your read?
In order:

• Because you say it's common, but I think in previous setups I've played in it's been very inadvisable to mass claim D1, so I want to know if what you say is actually true on this site.
  • Needs to help town more than it helps scum? Hopefully by allowing us to lynch more of them than important power roles we lose to NKs immediately after the claim.
  • I'm gathering that you're getting kinda defensive apparently.
  • I'm looking for why you'd want to mass claim in this situation, because as far as I know, it's usually a decently bad idea, and proposing ideas that are against town's best interests is not typically great town behaviour.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Look, the problem with massclaiming Day 1 is that it's boring. Either the setup is broken, and there was never any point in any of this, or it's not broken, and we're just telling scum who to shoot.

Let's not claim and keep it interesting.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Inclined to believe Lost Mafia was just badly balanced seeing as mafia apparently didn't even get an NK and had to rely on a SK to do so for them.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and the mass claim didn't even happen until D5. Slightly different to a D1 mass claim methinks.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Do you have an issue with me being defensive Vicarin Vicarin ? Do you have an issue with me pushing for a mass claim? Are you going to take action or are you going to continue to bemuse yourself with reading decade old games?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Kinda, Yes, Yes in that I'm going to continue to push against a mass claim.

If you think that I was reading it for my own bemusement, why didn't you give a more recent and more relevant example?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why do you think I have them offhand? I haven't been actively playing in years and I didn't even look at my flavor in my role PM until Xivii posted a list of roles for an example because I was curious where it put me on that list. I don't pay attention to names.

I DID, however, give you a series of two role combinations including Watcher which are the simplest examples when you requested them, but you were fixated on a 9 year old game and "No one could stop you." Kinda played yourself on that one.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You're still sitting the fence. Am I scum or am I not? What's your take?

Has anyone else's interactions surrounding my entry lead you to any other conclusions?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Timeline:
  • I ask for a game on this site solvable by D1 mass claim
  • You give Lost Mafia as an example
  • I start reading it
  • You then claim that certain role combos are broken in any set up, but don't provide any particular example (note: I don't know which games have these role combos, hence me asking)
  • I read enough of Lost Mafia to realise that it's a pretty bad example for your argument and say so
  • You proceed to ask a bunch of pretty irrelvant questions to distract instead of actually providing a relevant example for your argument <- we are here

What would you accept as evidence that a mass claim is a bad idea in a closed setup?

Why do you think I have them offhand? I haven't been actively playing in years and I didn't even look at my flavor in my role PM until Xivii posted a list of roles for an example because I was curious where it put me on that list. I don't pay attention to names.
Well, you responded with Lost Mafia in 1 minute when I first asked, why wouldn't I think you have them easily accessable if you respond with a 9 year old game that quickly?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
  • You proceed to ask a bunch of pretty irrelvant questions to distract instead of actually providing a relevant example for your argument <- we are here
Oh my, that's a loaded statement. Whatcha gonna do with it, big guy?

Wam

Smash Ace
Look, the problem with massclaiming Day 1 is that it's boring. Either the setup is broken, and there was never any point in any of this, or it's not broken, and we're just telling scum who to shoot.

Let's not claim and keep it interesting.
This so much this.

Vote: sabrar

Top Bottom