• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2015 Ruleset is out! Survey inside!

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
They actually did legalize the 2222 and 3333 Miis. They did it recently, so at there's that.

How could they be removed if they were never added in the first place? I'm talking about the supposed modification Jigglymaster mentioned before, that allowed Miis to also use 2-2-2-2 and 3-3-3-3 movesets.That part never got updated in the ruleset, and now that we have a new version it still doesn't appear.
Yeah, they seemed to have decided not to update it after all. Dapuffster already posted he would not be going to Apex now because of it too.
That looks like no customs for Miis. Unless I've misunderstood something?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
That looks like no customs for Miis. Unless I've misunderstood something?
They were talking about allowing 2222/3333 Miis, but then backtracked and said never mind we're sticking with 1111. Something about how if they allowed 2222/3333 Miis they'd have to allow 2222/3333 Palutena and that would require setting Customization to "On" and they weren't prepared to do that for fear of...things?

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Apparently they re-banned them before that made it into the rules write-up...
Oh geez, I didn't see that. I just had a minute and decided to check the thread.

Dammit APEX. What's the deal? I'm sorry @ Venks Venks , I wasn't aware of all those LIES APEX told us.

Nonetheless, I'm really seriously curious about what the hell the runners are thinking. Do they always give the majority of the community the birdie like this? Palutena and Miis are just special cases. Their moves were all unlocked at the start. Although, I can sorta understand Palutena having to use the default for the sake of 'customs on' arguement, Miis really should be able to have 2222 and 3333 along with 1111, IMO, Palutena should, too. Players can easily prepare for and fight her at literally anytime they want. Seriously.

I'm looking at some of these rules from every perspective I can, and yet still they just make NO sense..

Last edited:

King_Vegetarian

Smash Rookie
It's dependent on who has the lower percent, I think. Lower percent controls where it goes. That's what I've heard.

El Psy... Congree? Nyan~?
Hmm, I never looked at the percents while doing that. I'll have to experiment some more. Thanks!
Also, how can I tell if you're not part of the Organization if you can't get the secret words right!

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Are all the guest miis a default size? I'm asking because Mii Fighter is a pretty good character and it would be nice to have more than 1 costume to use him/her with.

Would anyone be willing to create some more interesting miis and upload QR codes?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Are all the guest miis a default size? I'm asking because Mii Fighter is a pretty good character and it would be nice to have more than 1 costume to use him/her with.

Would anyone be willing to create some more interesting miis and upload QR codes?
All guest Miis are the default height and width.

TKD

Smash Lord
FINALLY someone applies common sense to Skyloft and Wuhu. Dude I've been hit by the jankiest thing in Skyloft as Ike without an airjump and survived it anyway. Also Wuhu has never janked me. Ever. I'm almost positive that stages like Delfino, Lylat and probably Duck Hunt are much less consistent.

The only negative critique I've heard about Skyloft and Wuhu are "I don't like it" and "it's janky" (including no explanation). We tested EVERY STAGE when the game came out, several matches each.

The final list was:

Starters
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Smashville

Counterpicks
- Castle Siege
- Delfino Plaza
- Halberd
- Kongo Jungle
- Lylat Cruise
- Omega....**
- Skyloft
- Town and City
- Wuhu Island

**Omega Wolly World is banned

Notes:
  • 2 bans per round
  • Bans don't stack between rounds
  • DSR vs no DSR decision still pending; we're doing with DSR right now
  • The omegas and FD count as DIFFERENT stages because most players are familiar with FD since years ago (and those that aren't, can be, considering it's a neutral); but on the other hand most aren't familiar with omega's widely varying ledges/walls and ground physics. We WOULD count them as the same stage if chaingrabs still existed in this game.
  • Omega Wolly World is banned because of the ground; it's a fighting game not Naruto so no "genjutsu" for anyone
  • We're aware of the barrel in Kongo. It puts the opponent in the air, above you, which is generally a bad position, and the barrel can be stolen from the opponent. It could be banned in the future, but it hasn't even been properly tested, so no measures were taken. Most of us think Diddy's a much larger problem LOL. That one's brokenness has been widely tested and confirmed IMO.

Last edited:

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Understandable, yes... But then what about Brawl? Surely then THOSE matches would have to be 1-stock. Ho.

Honestly, I don't care about the APEX rules as much as I care about smaller scale regional tournaments doing what APEX is doing just for the sake of APEX doing them.
doing

But still, I feel the only way you could really justify the 2-stock limit on 4 and still have 3 on Brawl is the difference in entries. While I'm certain 4 will have a good bit more than Brawl will, I don't think it would matter that much to the point where they had to cut it down that much.

Nonetheless, I stand by my point and my feeling that 2-stock in SSB4 is wack yo.
they might have bothered if it wasn't far too late to change Brawl's ruleset, considering it's on the way out regardless as it is

oh and seeing as how Mr. Wizard doesn't seem to like the 8 minute timer in Melee, don't expect 3 stocks there either...

Last edited:

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
FINALLY someone applies common sense to Skyloft and Wuhu. Dude I've been hit by the jankiest thing in Skyloft as Ike without an airjump and survived it anyway. Also Wuhu has never janked me. Ever. I'm almost positive that stages like Delfino, Lylat and probably Duck Hunt are much less consistent.

The only negative critique I've heard about Skyloft and Wuhu are "I don't like it" and "it's janky" (including no explanation). We tested EVERY STAGE when the game came out, several matches each.

The final list was:

Starters
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Smashville

Counterpicks
- Castle Siege
- Delfino Plaza
- Halberd
- Kongo Jungle
- Lylat Cruise
- Omega....**
- Skyloft
- Town and City
- Wuhu Island

**Omega Wolly World is banned

Notes:
  • 2 bans per round
  • Bans don't stack between rounds
  • DSR vs no DSR decision still pending; we're doing with DSR right now
  • The omegas and FD count as DIFFERENT stages because most players are familiar with FD since years ago (and those that aren't, can be, considering it's a neutral); but on the other hand most aren't familiar with omega's widely varying ledges/walls and ground physics. We WOULD count them as the same stage if chaingrabs still existed in this game.
  • Omega Wolly World is banned because of the ground; it's a fighting game not Naruto so no "genjutsu" for anyone
  • We're aware of the barrel in Kongo. It puts the opponent in the air, above you, which is generally a bad position, and the barrel can be stolen from the opponent. It could be banned in the future, but it hasn't even been properly tested, so no measures were taken. Most of us think Diddy's a much larger problem LOL. That one's brokenness has been widely tested and confirmed IMO.
3 starters is bad. So is omitting Duck Hunt. So is considering FD separate from Omegas in terms of banning/striking. So is calling FD a "neutral". So is banning a stage because of a cosmetic effect*. So is your spelling of Woolly World.

*the cosmetics on Woolly World are probably not ban-worthy, but if you ban that you should ban Duck Hunt, Flat Zone, Final Destination, Pac-Land which all have far more significant effects. Also, consider PS2.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
As the host the stage list is still at your discretion, there's nothing stopping you. (Unless you're part of a committee or something I guess.)
We co-hosted, so we all had to come to a consensus. PS2 wasn't even added to the poll to start (not my decision either, the poll was made before we got real imput and wasn't updated,) /r/smashbros polls have always put it as legal.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
FINALLY someone applies common sense to Skyloft and Wuhu.
Who are you talking about? Your post is a few weeks after the last one so I'm not sure.

Dude I've been hit by the jankiest thing in Skyloft as Ike without an airjump and survived it anyway.
Ah, but how likely is getting saved by the janky hitboxes in Skyloft? ;) jk kinda
Actually just recently I sat in training mode, seeing if I could get hit by this again, and I sat there for the longest time, with the speed set to 1.5x, waiting for it to hit me, but nothing happened. Finally I got bored, set the speed to normal, and began to just practice with some things, and all of a sudden when I was focused on that, I got hit through the stage when I least expected it. If it wasn't for that one thing I really wouldn't mind this stage, but man that free 12 damage, and possible combo or kill is extremely annoying. Being hit while onstage from a probably-unintended hazard that isn't clearly telegraphed like hazards generally are...

Also Wuhu has never janked me. Ever.
Agreed, Wuhu Island is a fantastic stage. There is one part where the moving stage dips down to the sea and the water has a hitbox, but that's predictable, brief, and not that dangerous. There's also the rising balloon in that one cliff transformation, but it happens in the same place at the same time every time, so that's not a problem either. There's the boat hazard, which is predictable and avoidable as well, and there's an instant kill glitch which to my knowledge, is very character and position specific, and even then is almost impossible to replicate.

I'm almost positive that stages like Delfino, Lylat and probably Duck Hunt are much less consistent.
I dunno what you mean by that, Lylat was confirmed to be consistent, Delfino might have different transformation patterns but they're always the same and have no hazards, and the ducks and bush are the only incosistent parts of Duck Hunt I'm aware of, and they are not at all problematic.

The omegas and FD count as DIFFERENT stages because most players are familiar with FD since years ago (and those that aren't, can be, considering it's a neutral); but on the other hand most aren't familiar with omega's widely varying ledges/walls and ground physics. We WOULD count them as the same stage if chaingrabs still existed in this game.
...what? I don't understand any of what was said here, honestly.

Omega Wolly World is banned because of the ground; it's a fighting game not Naruto so no "genjutsu" for anyone
I've played on it a ton of times and it looks a bit weird at first but I've never noticed anything, you'll have to explain what's wrong with it. The only thing I know about omegas is that some have more "friction" from "grassy terrain" which reduces how far characters slide, which makes techniques like the pivot sliding thing less effective. I don't remember which stages have that terrain though.

3 starters is bad. So is omitting Duck Hunt. So is considering FD separate from Omegas in terms of banning/striking. So is calling FD a "neutral". So is banning a stage because of a cosmetic effect*. So is your spelling of Woolly World.

*the cosmetics on Woolly World are probably not ban-worthy, but if you ban that you should ban Duck Hunt, Flat Zone, Final Destination, Pac-Land which all have far more significant effects. Also, consider PS2.
I basically agree with this post, but would put it more politely.

What she said. Seriously. Screw the poll; if 50% of the smash community wanted FD banned they'd still be wrong and stupid.
I only have my own pair of eyes, so I'll never be able to see the white flash/other colors from other peoples' eyes, but I'll take their words for it. The background decisions for FD are irritating and were poorly chosen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom