• All episodes of the new Smash Brothers documentary 'Metagame' are available on Vimeo! Get Metagame Here

  • Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

    You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

  • Support SmashBoards and get Premium Membership today!

Apex 2015 Hype! Jan 30-Feb 1 Results, brackets and videos are up!

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Joined
Jun 24, 2011
Messages
365
Location
NJ
I have to drive more than 10 minutes to get to apex this year?

THIS IS BULL****
 

Olikus

Smash Champion
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
2,451
Location
Norway
dude i was a huge perry fan but i've gotta say that i'm really loving the new avy

edit: oh and sedda i've been meaning to tell you

the micky avatar ****ing blows dude

2.3/10

edit 2: don't even get me started on z's either

pathetic

yo actually now that i think of it, most of your guys' avatars are ****ing horrible

cobr's is OK despite it being the exact opposite of irl cobr

sk is hit or miss

(miss you sk)

mixa's are good

aa's current is not bad

everyone else's are either really bad or MEH at best

edit #idk: after thinking about all of the bad avatars, sedda's isn't THAT bad

actually one of the better ones

but not GOOD by any means
I think its a bit manly even for me.
Looking at coming to the US for the whole of January and flying back to the UK after Apex. Should be confirmed pretty soon =)
My booooooooooooi <3
 

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
161
Is BANE going to Apex? If not, maybe I will go to BANE's home instead of APEX if BANE is able to play on console.
i think i am now that near has the adapter, assuming that near would want to play too. i'd be down for this

edit: wait, near would probably be going to apex. bleh
 
Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Joined
Jul 13, 2011
Messages
4,458
Location
Toronto
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i think i am now that near has the adapter, assuming that near would want to play too. i'd be down for this

edit: wait, near would probably be going to apex. bleh
I'm bringing adapters as well to be shared by ppl (I use n64 controller but built 2 adapters for my local community)
 

Morin0

Smash Lord
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
1,907
Location
San Diego, CA
You better go

new top 7 (idk where isai goes till he character locks)

1) Boom
2) Moyashi
3) Marka
4) Bane
5) Kensinn21
6) Kero
7) Alvin
Where is Zenyore aka the Z? Zenyore is one of the players, imo, that don't get enough recognition. He's a really good player. Does he choke in tournament or something? I am intrigued by your placement of Kero. Also, no JaimeHR? Interesting.
 

Sedda

Smash Champion
Joined
Jan 26, 2013
Messages
2,393
Location
Luigi sucks
where were you when star king returned
when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of god shouted for joy
star king is back? don't play wif my feeling like that

I would only put all my faith on the japanese getting to top 8 for sure because of their experience on DL, but i think any of the peruvians can drown in pools because of dl. for instance: z vs alvin, id probably take z. hell i would even take wizzrobe over the peruvians because of his super patient style in DL.

it's interesting that you placed boom over moyashi tho. and isai could get to top 8 with any character other than ness imo. I think you're giving the peruvians too much credit. Even if those two are the best peruvians on DL in your opinion, that's not good enough for people who play on DL all the time like Z, Kero, Wizzy, or Bane, let alone moyashi, kensinn, wario, whoever is supposedly coming.
 

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Joined
Jun 24, 2011
Messages
793
Location
Chicago, Ill
Really hope Kero not only makes it to top 8 but also takes at least a set or two. Boom vs Isai GF with none campy match-up would be GREAT.
 

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
Joined
Jan 29, 2014
Messages
177
I would only put all my faith on the japanese getting to top 8 for sure because of their experience on DL, but i think any of the peruvians can drown in pools because of dl. for instance: z vs alvin, id probably take z. hell i would even take wizzrobe over the peruvians because of his super patient style in DL.

it's interesting that you placed boom over moyashi tho. and isai could get to top 8 with any character other than ness imo. I think you're giving the peruvians too much credit. Even if those two are the best peruvians on DL in your opinion, that's not good enough for people who play on DL all the time like Z, Kero, Wizzy, or Bane, let alone moyashi, kensinn, wario, whoever is supposedly coming.
I don't know. I don't think it takes THAT long to learn a new stage, especially when you already have such a good handle on the game. I think that the training the Peruvians will do on DL between now and Apex will be more than enough for them to have an easy time making top 8.
 

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Joined
Mar 11, 2014
Messages
1,299
Location
Banned from 64
I've put a lot of time and effort in today trash talking with the Peruvians and I think I convinced them to have a DL only tournament very soon.

Where is Zenyore aka the Z? Zenyore is one of the players, imo, that don't get enough recognition. He's a really good player. Does he choke in tournament or something? I am intrigued by your placement of Kero. Also, no JaimeHR? Interesting.
You must have missed Zenith:
Kero > Z > Wizzy > JaimeHR

Same with bane i didnt know he had the potential for top 5.
Bane has the best record vs Isai in the online streams.


for instance: z vs alvin, id probably take z.
Alvin does not play fox on DL. Pretty sure Alvin took some games off of boom's high tiers on DL while we were there
 

Sedda

Smash Champion
Joined
Jan 26, 2013
Messages
2,393
Location
Luigi sucks
^ this is basically why I never trust Karajan's predictions of anything.

Kero > Z > Wizzy > JaimeHR is very different from Kero > Wizzy >= Z / JaimeHR. Z didn't get top 8 at apex, so could that mean that Z > Jaime? That's not really how it works.

You're too much of an "as a matter of fact" kinda guy when it comes to these things and you're relying solely on every single last result. First you say Wario is god tier and then he's not good enough to come to Apex because he didn't perform well in one tourney.

I'd give Wizzy an edge over all of those because his play is consistent as sets go by. His lows are in the first half of sets, and then he learns his opponents (his attrition game is too damn solid). He's also the one who has improved most between each tournament (zenith 2013 - Apex 2014 - zenith 2014)

I still think NA players are more likely to get to top 8 than the peruvians. Z and Kero are gonna **** **** up
 

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Joined
Mar 11, 2014
Messages
1,299
Location
Banned from 64
I still think NA players are more likely to get to top 8 than the peruvians.
> Japan sends their top 8 players
> At least 2 NA players have chance
> All of the japanese players go :kirby64:
> Only 1 NA player has a chance
> He plays only :ness64:
> Apex 2015:
1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8


You're too much of an "as a matter of fact" kinda guy when it comes to these things
as a matter of fact it is all my opinion man
 
Last edited:

Olikus

Smash Champion
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
2,451
Location
Norway
Gerson and wario at apex would be super amazing. They have the coolest pikachus for sure.
 

Studstill

Smash Ace
Joined
Mar 16, 2014
Messages
806
Really, Fireblaster? You mean you're not hyped at the prospect of moving chairs to another room (after being moved for the 10th time or w/e) while drunk Melee players laugh?
Absolutely not. This will not be the case. The making fun of game has been stepped up. Plus Melee...gross.
 
Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
Joined
Jan 26, 2013
Messages
2,393
Location
Luigi sucks
> Japan sends their top 8 players
> At least 2 NA players have chance
> All of the japanese players go :kirby64:
> Only 1 NA player has a chance
> He plays only :ness64:
> Apex 2015:
1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8


as a matter of fact it is all my opinion man
OK, what does that have to do with what I said? You're contesting me on something I haven't said. I'm just giving out my own analysis of what's gonna happen at apex (if they go)
 
Last edited:

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
372
Isai
Moyashi
Marka
Alvin/Boom
Bane/Kensinn/Kero/Mariguas (is he going?)

Book it.

Alvin's Pika on DL won 50% of the matches against Boom. The Peruvians are very talented players and that talent can definitely transfer to DL as long as they practice there, where it sounds like they will.
 

Quail93

Smash Rookie
Joined
Sep 15, 2014
Messages
15
Location
Frederick MD
I hope I'm not asking an already answered question, but can I currently sign up for apex? what is the whole process of attending? I haven't been to any large scale tourneys before.
 

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Joined
Feb 8, 2012
Messages
3,178
Location
nj
registration will probably go up in late october or november.

you go to the venue on day 1, sign in and get a tag, (knowing ahead of time when your initial bracket will start) and then play. you play friendlies for 3 days as well.
 

Shears

Smash Master
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
3,146
Location
disproving indeterminism
I hope I'm not asking an already answered question, but can I currently sign up for apex? what is the whole process of attending? I haven't been to any large scale tourneys before.
Hey I see you're from Harpers Ferry. Theres tournaments in Frederick, MD and occasionally they have 64. I can let you know when one is going on.
 

Quail93

Smash Rookie
Joined
Sep 15, 2014
Messages
15
Location
Frederick MD
Hey I see you're from Harpers Ferry. Theres tournaments in Frederick, MD and occasionally they have 64. I can let you know when one is going on.
That would be great, I actually work in frederick so that works perfectly. I'll keep in touch.
 

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Joined
Mar 11, 2014
Messages
1,299
Location
Banned from 64
registration will probably go up in late october or november.

you go to the venue on day 1, sign in and get a tag, (knowing ahead of time when your initial bracket will start) and then play. you play friendlies for 3 days as well.
im trying to do wednesday through monday again, but maybe all in the hotel. I'll probably have the japanese with me and any peruvians that show up.
 
Top Bottom