• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Links

Skler

Smash Master
I will also be taking Link to Apex in a very literal sense.

Hopefully I suck less than I did last time I went to a national. Competition is looking fierce, though. Lots of really good players from everywhere.

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
So...2 it is! Hurrah for the Link boards!

edit: Really though, I'm glad to hear you're going, Skler. I'm a jerk so I didn't donate though.

SYickX

Smash Cadet
I'm bringing my Link from Pittsburgh
@Skler
do you think you or any other links can make some noise in the bracket this year?
(i know i can't, just trying to get out of round 1)

Skler

Smash Master
I'd honestly be surprised if at least one Link didn't make it into brackets. I really expect two of them to get in, there's a good Link showing at this tournament. I don't know if one of them will be me, but I've been shaking off the rust and will be playing as much as possible on Friday to be in fighting shape. I'd be humbled if I made it far at Apex, though I do think I'll play better than I did at my last two nationals (particularly ROM 2, where I did dreadfully).

It's a 128 person bracket (right?) and there are enough good Links that at least one should be making it in. Getting a really unfavorable second/third round pool can happen (and even then, it's all winnable), but it won't happen to everyone.

I think a Link will at least get into the top 64. Big brackets are better for low tier players because it gives luck a bit more of a factor in placement. It's possible to get a bracket where you don't face a Fox for a long time, but if you're going through pools you can bank on getting a couple of them each round. Skill is more important than luck, but getting Link's more favorable matchups once you've gotten out of the first round are a big help. I preemptively feel bad for the one Link who gets stuck with a Sheik, Fox, Fox, Falcon, Link pool (or some similar variation) for their last round.

Do any Links have Apex circuit points? I think I've got like, 3, from the last tournament I went to. Not sure if 3 points matters, but I have them!

Zodiac

Smash Master
Wow cool there looks to be a lot of Link's going, Lets have a link only tournament and decide who is the weakest....LINK.

SYickX

Smash Cadet
sounds good Skler, best of luck to you, and the rest of us heros

i would definitely play in a link tourney
also, ive been hearing a lot about J666
anyone know him?

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Dang, there's a lot more Links than I thought. I knew there'd be at least a small handful but this is surprising.

I'll be there, too. I'm heading out tomorrow evening for a 8-9 hour drive to Minneapolis airport with my training buddy, Rayku. Yeah, driving that far and taking a plane is like 300 rupees cheaper for each of us than taking a plane from our crappy town.

SYickX

Smash Cadet
i got matched up with someone from my region, so they are moving me or him

and i gotta see that MM

Skler

Smash Master
Kage is in my pool.

Kage is in my pool.

KAGE IS IN MY POOL!

I get to play Kage again!

<3

Other names so they can name search here: pikapika (love him too), Light, So-ten, perfectengri, Ten (wtf is with all the tens in here?), Gigglin, Dark Link -X- (Link ditto?), Pr0ject / FG

Hyped.

Skler

Smash Master
I got rockcrock ice sol crismas tope and i forget who else

:phone:
ROCK CROCK!? You lucky *******, I've always wanted to play him. He play Ganon/Fox, right?

Also, apparently my pool is old school as hell. Pikapika is ancient, same with Light if I recall, and Kage isn't exactly new either.

No idea who anybody else is. The 3 I know are Ganon, Sheik (or pika/Marth), and Peach. They're good players, but at least it's mercifully few spanimals (though I'm sure everyone else plays one).

So much hype for this. Any idea how many people get out of each pool? There are a lot of pools, and 10 people in each. I guess it's top 4 because it's a 128 person bracket with 32 pools.

I'm pool 21. I've got 1 full day of Melee + another half day to get tournament ready. So. Damn. Excited.

Skler

Smash Master
From what I know ganon/falcon
Light is pretty good he won't hesitate to time you out if he has to.
Yeah it's top 4

Timing out is so boring, even if you're winning because of it :(. Ah well, I appreciate the warning.

I think I've gotten to play Tope a couple of times in teams, but team play is really different from singles. I can't imagine you not getting out of your pool, though. I'll have to stalk it and pick up some tricks.

Skler

Smash Master
I play a puff in my pool. I hate playing vs puff

Playing a good puff is so draining. It takes forever and you can't screw up or you explode.

I had one try to time me out on DL64 once. I think the game ended with less than a minute on the clock :urg:

Skler

Smash Master
That should be doable, it depends mostly on whether I have to take a train to get there or not.

Ofc I want to ditto regardless. Link dittos are one of the most fun MUs.

SYickX

Smash Cadet
im playing someone named Ron in my first match, no idea who he is

leaving in half an hour

see you gentleman there
good luck

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
A good chunk? Who made it so far?

Sounds like the ones who went are having a great time there, wish I could've gone =/.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
4, not 5

Apparently I was told incorrectly about my pool placement yesterday... that's what I get for listening to other people, I guess. ;-;

F---. Even got to the venue on time and everything.

Bigglestheman

Smash Apprentice
Was really fun to watch. Skler should have stayed with the Link costume then Greenranger would have had been struck with FEAR from the Hero of Time!!!!

How are all the Link mains doing in bracket?

Top Bottom