• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 Info Dump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastermooseman

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one who thinks Mang0 actually would have done better with Falco against Armada...? Also he can beat Armada with Fox, he kept with him the first two games, he's was just really sloppy in transition (seemed to get punished a lot for not lasering when Armada wasn't approaching and then also would should lasers at really bad times when Armada was approaching).
http://www.genesisdbr.com/blog/?p=19
Mango said in his blog that he can't go Falco against Armada for whatever reason, as well as mentioning the same in his talk on PEEFSMASH's stream "State of the Game". His Puff on the other hand is probably the best option, what he said in his decision on what character to go in Genesis 2 was that Puff would bring out Armadas -Joke- young link (implying it would be stupid and that he'd own him), he also mentioned CF but I guess he didn't go him at all either.

Mango faced Armada in crew battles with his Falco and got CG'ed a lot and lost, and he was his blue color implying that he cares to win (though he probably didn't want to not be that color in a crew battle since it's known that would imply he's not trying his hardest for his country)

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
if anything, mango implied that hed lose to his yl with puff, since he didn't want to go puff. as if his implications matter anyway, any reasonable person knows that mangos puff would get destroyed by yl

and rofl @ color theories. such nonsense. mango got flat out scraped and is nowhere near as good as flopmerica has been hyping him to be.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Armada did a fine job.

A word to the wise: I think Armada did more today than prove he is the "reigning champion." I believe he proved that he did not just perform better, but actually is better. The wins appeared dominant to me, and the fact that he 3-0'd a scared mango probably helps.

Please don't write off Armada's win with the diminutive "champion." Call him the best.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Armada did a fine job.

A word to the wise: I think Armada did more today than prove he is the "reigning champion." I believe he proved that he did not just perform better, but actually is better. The wins appeared dominant to me, and the fact that he 3-0'd a scared mango probably helps.

Please don't write off Armada's win with the diminutive "champion." Call him the best.
Lol i dont think anyone thinks Mango is the best anymore
Armada is definitely the champion of melee atm

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
Mango: "I easily would've 3-0'd Armada if Peach wasn't ****in gay, like in PAL. "

Seriously, I think it's time for NTSC players to step it up and fight Europe with their game. Armada has proven he can beat them in NTSC. NA should at least host a major PAL tournament or something. I'd be curious to see if Hbox and Mango would fare out better, or if Armada would just mop the floor with them again.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Lol i dont think anyone thinks Mango is the best anymore
Armada is definitely the champion of melee atm
I'm not sure if I'm getting across. When Armada won G2 over Mango, many people conceded that Armada was the "champion," but argued that Mango was actually still the best due to his latent superpowers that we see only once every 23 years. I'm saying that, this time, it might be (should be?) said that Armada is both "the best" and champion.

edit: my scornful tone is a bit much. I actually respect Mango tremendously as a player. I just think that sometimes people go too far to exonerate him for his losses.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Mango: "I easily would've 3-0'd Armada if Peach wasn't ****in gay, like in PAL. "

Seriously, I think it's time for NTSC players to step it up and fight Europe with their game. Armada has proven he can beat them in NTSC. NA should at least host a major PAL tournament or something. I'd be curious to see if Hbox and Mango would fare out better, or if Armada would just mop the floor with them again.
Jiggs is unchanged in PAL and NTSC, I believe. I dont think it matters what version hbox and armada play in.

And after this tournament we have to say Armada is the best. It's crazy though. Even at Genesis 2, Mango looked better even though he lost. Armada seems to have really improved in the past couple of months. (or mango wasn't trying in which case, after two loses to armada, he doesn't deserve the title of the best anyways)

X-Rael

Smash Rookie
How good are: Wox, boba, Rojo W compared to the top Mexican players, I knew about them before Javi and Tuga.

StriCNYN3 beat Axe's Pikachu, they didnt do falco dittos.

my top 8 from mexico

1-Javi
2- Valdo / Yu
3- Twin / Ex
4- Aza
5- Jpg
6- Rael
7- Enga / Dexter ( dexter is like mexican amsah, is a legend )
8- Maxi / Wox / Rojo / Vena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom