• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I understand how you feel Chrom supporters. I felt the same way when I saw Ashley. Sometimes, we have to accept things as they are...I know I did with Ashley. :sadeyes:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
My condolences, guys. I won't lie and say I'm sad Chrom won't be playable, but that disconfirmation has got to suck...led on by a leak that had shown every sign of being accurate for the past 13 months, then shot down to the laughter of Sakurai. Maybe, if Chrom returns in some future FE and has more visibly unique potential, he'll get another chance then.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I'm at college orientation, and finally had wifi...and then my hype was crushed.

Expect...something, tomorrow. I need to sleep after this...
Shucks, not only do you have to make an announcement here, but in the Graveyard Thread as well, I'm sorry.

While my support for Chrom did dwindle through the years with the possibility of Tiki and duo-characters, he was still one of my favorite Lords in the series along with Ike. My condolences to all Chrom supporters out there, I hope that this defeat won't impede your enjoyment of the overall game and that you guys can still raise your heads high at the end of the day.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
15 hours later...I've come to finally appreciate Chrom at least getting in Robin's brutal Final Smash. Plus, at least he showed his comical side off to the world in that trailer.
I still hope Sakurai is trolling us, since that was incredibly low to do, but I know the chance is near non-existant.

Kind of hard to think Robin and Lucina will probably become more popular then Chrom now. I know that was debatable, but now they'll be promoted to Ike/Marth status among non-FE players...

Want to know what really rubs a bit extra salt in the wound for me is? No Chrom amiibo (unless we get some with SMTxFE). :c
That was the second worst part of it all =(
Someone make a official Chrom figure..please.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Hey guys.
I was expecting to make something like this when Chrom was...
Well, nevermind. I took the same idea and changed it to reflect what we got.

This was probably the biggest deconfirmation we've had thus far (Though maybe some may argue Waluigi).
I'm sorry it ended up being not only a character that you wanted, but also a character that most have expected for some months now.
My condolences go out to you all. Just like I love seeing popular characters getting confirmed just knowing that so many people are happy, I hate seeing popular character be deconfirmed knowing that it will hurt many. And this deconfirmation in particular was just...
Well, it was Waluigi over again, but even more unnecessarily shoved in your face.
I hope some of the other characters all of you support join the battle! :)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
TBH, I still don't buy the IGN bull****, IGN is a site that's full of stupidity, and I don't put it beyond them faking something like that, I think Chrom is not going to Join now, but he will join later on as an Ike clone (a fast Ike will be welcomed) and I don't mind clones anymore, Sakurai can do it, the model is there the bones are there, he need to repair his relationship with Chrom fans...it really is terrible! I've became a Chrom supporter after confirming Ike was in the game, it's quite cruel for Sakurai to treat the character like that.

In fact he might be another G&W situation, where G&W appeared in the Pacman trailer but wasn't mentioned in the site, maybe this is how they are revealing secret charaters!.
Someone quote me on this (literally), but I would not at all be surprised if, Lucina is in fact a skin alt non-slot for Marth, and Chrom is the same for Ike, yet they share a final smash. I mean, not surprised one slight bit at all.
They show certain... tableaux shots all the time for these characters, such as the image of Ike, Marth, Lucina, and Chrom.
Robin is the character who deserves a unique moveset, the others are fan service. Seriously, mark my words.

Want to know what really rubs a bit extra salt in the wound for me is? No Chrom amiibo (unless we get some with SMTxFE). :c
The amiibo are for other games too. Including for the 3DS, I'm sure he will get one.
Maybe it will even make Lucina's smash stronger (or trigger a special event match, or something).

I bet amiibo will do all sorts of little things to get us to buy them.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey guys.

This was probably the biggest deconfirmation we've had thus far (Though maybe some may argue Waluigi).
I'm sorry it ended up being not only a character that you wanted, but also a character that most have expected for some months now.
My condolences go out to you all. Just like I love seeing popular characters getting confirmed just knowing that so many people are happy, I hate seeing popular character be deconfirmed knowing that it will hurt many. And this deconfirmation in particular was just...
Well, it was Waluigi over again, but even more unnecessarily shoved in your face.
If we get one more FE character it better be Anna. My FE waifu.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You know, I honestly am sorry for you guys.

I know I felt really bad when Starfy was deconfirmed back on Christmas Day, but this just must take the cake. Your character is shown in an incredibly likely leak that got characters like Wii Fit Trainer right, but he ends up being so far the only character on there that was wrong.

Yeesh, and I thought I had it rough back on Christmas morning.

My condolences to all of you.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey guys.

That ending was the best thing.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Guys, I'm really sorry about Chrom. While I was pretty neutral on him myself, it's still painful to have any character that you support get deconfirmed, particularly in the way that he was considering the circumstances behind him and the leak. I wish you guys the best in this rough period.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I don't think I'll come back to this thread. Seeing it pop up on the character discussions page gives me a heavy feeling in my chest...:crying:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Someone quote me on this (literally), but I would not at all be surprised if, Lucina is in fact a skin alt non-slot for Marth, and Chrom is the same for Ike, yet they share a final smash. I mean, not surprised one slight bit at all.
As for Lucina, Samurai confirmed she has her own slot in today's PotD.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hey guys.

Anna's line at the end was hilarious!!!

Edit: now that I think about it... it's kinda sad that Chrom was caught in a Catch 22 situation... damned if he does and damned if he doesn't...

He's not unique enough to be a character like Robin... he's not similar enough to be a clone like Lucina.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think Chrom appears to be a great character and I never really hated him, I just didn't want him alongside Ike and Marth. The reveal was just brutal, though... I wouldn't wish that on my mortal enemies. I don't think Sakurai hates Chrom, but its possible he did it that way just to kill the leak and explain that no character is a shoe-in. Its something I'll need to think about other characters I support as well.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Yeah, sorry for you guys Chrom supporters, I think you guys got the most painful deconfirm in Smash reveals. Sakurai used Chrom to really, really fight against the Sal leak. However why was Robins final smash cut off so soon? Was it an old clip where Chroms model would still be a playable character after? And Chroms model looked amazing. I honestly believe that Chrom was really planned as playable at one point, doesnt that final smash look like Chroms final smash with Robin added in to it? Im neutral about the leak and maybe im getting too far fetched but yeah, thoughts.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yeah, sorry for you guys Chrom supporters, I think you guys got the most painful deconfirm in Smash reveals. Sakurai used Chrom to really, really fight against the Sal leak. However why was Robins final smash cut off so soon? Was it an old clip where Chroms model would still be a playable character after? And Chroms model looked amazing. I honestly believe that Chrom was really planned as playable at one point, doesnt that final smash look like Chroms final smash with Robin added in to it? Im neutral about the leak and maybe im getting too far fetched but yeah, thoughts.
If the leak is any indication, Chrom was in fact planned to be playable at one point. However, unlike the other leaked characters (aside from Shulk and Chorus Men, who we don't know about yet), Chrom did not seem to make it through to the end. We probably won't know the reason why, but it may be that Sakurai's desire for unique newcomers led him to change his mind and add Robin instead.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
If the leak is any indication, Chrom was in fact planned to be playable at one point. However, unlike the other leaked characters (aside from Shulk and Chorus Men, who we don't know about yet), Chrom did not seem to make it through to the end. We probably won't know the reason why, but it may be that Sakurai's desire for unique newcomers led him to change his mind and add Robin instead.
Everything that Gematsu had that was noteworthy was unveiled at E3. He also directly claimed that Shulk was going to be revealed.

IMO this guy had insider knowledge of E3 but only E3, everything else was made out of easy guesses with Chorus Men being the hook that kept people hanging.

But yeah condolences guys, I wasn't sold on Chrom myself but I know he had a lot of supporters.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I also think he was playable at some point.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Im one of These People who supported Lucina, Chrom & Robin (even though Robin wasnt one my Wish List, but he was an honorable mention)

The way was deconfirmed was brutal but i still liked it (because of the ending).
At least he is in a final Smash.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Unless you are blind, you will be able to tell them apart perfectly. Nice b8, tho.
Nah its just that my TV is friggin small and blurry and has low resolution, like the text under the character portraits is literally invisible.
I wasn't thinking about how its gonna be on the DS screen and not the TV.

Last edited:

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
...So Lucina gets in with minimal differences from Marth, but Chrom is just a FS character.
I can't believe this unfair bias...

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Yesterday was, and still is a sad day for Chrom supporters everywhere. I planned on joining smashboards if Chrom ever made it in so I could rejoice with fellow Chrom supporters, but right now, that's not the case. So, hello smash boards. Chrom was a brutal 'deconfirmation'- seeing lucina nad Robin do all the fighting while Chrom layed there helpless. I really hope Sakurai is trolling again, and that he's doing what he did with Toon Linjk to Chrom. It's possible for someone to replace Chrom in Robin's final smash, I guess.
I've been following this thread for a long time as a guest, and I've watched this forum from the very beginning. You guys made it really far, and I'm proud of it. I may have only been a silent supporter until now, but now is the time I will join your ranks! We can still cling on to whatever tiny shred of hope there is! Until the roster and hidden characters are all confirmed, anything can change!

As for my feelings about Lucina and Robin, I'm actually really happy about Robin (I'm not an avid Robin supporter, but Robin was one of those 'I wish they were in because that would be cool') S/he seems like s/he would be fun to play as, I'll probably main him/her when smash 4 comes around- plus magic! Super hyped about that. Plus Chrom's in his/her final smash, but... It's just not the same. ), but seeing Lucina's moveset from the trailer, I feel that she's going to be a clone like everyone else is saying. It's cool that she's in the game though, and I understand why; might as well throw in a well liked character in there while you can, and it'd be easy to make a moveset off of Marth. It probably didn't take much time/effort to make her at all. I'm pretty sure some Lucina supporters are happy she got in at all, while others are angry she's stuck with the fate of being a clone. At least Chrom has the potential to be unique!

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Yesterday was, and still is a sad day for Chrom supporters everywhere. I planned on joining smashboards if Chrom ever made it in so I could rejoice with fellow Chrom supporters, but right now, that's not the case. So, hello smash boards. Chrom was a brutal 'deconfirmation'- seeing lucina nad Robin do all the fighting while Chrom layed there helpless. I really hope Sakurai is trolling again, and that he's doing what he did with Toon Linjk to Chrom. It's possible for someone to replace Chrom in Robin's final smash, I guess.
I've been following this thread for a long time as a guest, and I've watched this forum from the very beginning. You guys made it really far, and I'm proud of it. I may have only been a silent supporter until now, but now is the time I will join your ranks! We can still cling on to whatever tiny shred of hope there is! Until the roster and hidden characters are all confirmed, anything can change!

As for my feelings about Lucina and Robin, I'm actually really happy about Robin (I'm not an avid Robin supporter, but Robin was one of those 'I wish they were in because that would be cool') S/he seems like s/he would be fun to play as, I'll probably main him/her when smash 4 comes around- plus magic! Super hyped about that. Plus Chrom's in his/her final smash, but... It's just not the same. ), but seeing Lucina's moveset from the trailer, I feel that she's going to be a clone like everyone else is saying. It's cool that she's in the game though, and I understand why; might as well throw in a well liked character in there while you can, and it'd be easy to make a moveset off of Marth. It probably didn't take much time/effort to make her at all. I'm pretty sure some Lucina supporters are happy she got in at all, while others are angry she's stuck with the fate of being a clone. At least Chrom has the potential to be unique!
I don't think sakurai is trolling us, but we can hope for dlc. Also thanks for the post and Lucina is a confirmed clone btw!

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
I have a question for all my fellow Chrom supporters/fans :D

I may just be delusional, but do you guys think that there is a chance that Chrom may become DLC? Or even possibly an alternate costume for an already revealed Fire Emblem Character, such as Ike? Ik that these may seem really far out of possibility, especially the latter, but maybe it could happen? Even though he is apart of Robin's final smash I still have a gut feeling Chrom may make a playable appearance in some way! Plus it would make my life complete! What do you guys think? Is it possible, or am I just being delusional?

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

I may just be delusional, but do you guys think that there is a chance that Chrom may become DLC? Or even possibly an alternate costume for an already revealed Fire Emblem Character, such as Ike? Ik that these may seem really far out of possibility, especially the latter, but maybe it could happen? Even though he is apart of Robin's final smash I still have a gut feeling Chrom may make a playable appearance in some way! Plus it would make my life complete! What do you guys think? Is it possible, or am I just being delusional?
I think dlc is totally possible!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

I find it unlikely that a character that is already part of another character's Final Smash, as well as being officially de-confirmed by Nintendo, would make it in as a playable character.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984

It all depends on if Sakurai is fine with making dlc of someone who already has a role in the game. That goes for everyone confirmed as a stage boss, assist trophy, Smash Run enemy, or in this case moveset.
I say the more likely scenario is Sakurai is trolling us and he'll pull a Toon Link with Chrom, but the chance is really low...guess we'll find out during launch.

D

Deleted member

I will admit, I was never much of a supporter for Chrom and didn't really like the idea of him being in.

Still, I express my condolence towards the supporters who did care for Chrom and for reasons other than "muh recency!". I understand how it feels to have a character you really want disconfirmed like that; it's a painful feeling that doesn't easily go away. I went through it in Brawl when Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, and Dr. Mario didn't return as well as Mega Man being disconfirmed. It also especially sucks when a character seems guarantee to get in; all of these hints and even a leak that seemed completely legitimate, gets disconfirmed in such a mean fashion. Probably one of the cruelest dis-confirmation I've ever seen.

Best regards,
Your Friendly Mighty Atom

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't think I'll come back to this thread. Seeing it pop up on the character discussions page gives me a heavy feeling in my chest...:crying:
That's what it was when I was a Toad-fan. Same kinda as a Lip-fan.

I dunno though, it's bit weird but after what Toad-fans made me feel after him being deconfirmed due still supporting him, I think I can still come back here to talk more about Chrom incase we see something rising up to him. I though believe his times are far from over.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
That's what it was when I was a Toad-fan. Same kinda as a Lip-fan.

I dunno though, it's bit weird but after what Toad-fans made me feel after him being deconfirmed due still supporting him, I think I can still come back here to talk more about Chrom incase we see something rising up to him. I though believe his times are far from over.
It's possible that dlc could provide some characters later!

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
When you get your butt handed to you by Captain Falcon you get demoted to FS appearance. Lucina is lucky Robin stepped in ! :4falcon:

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey guys.

God damn... is someone cutting onions in here?

...So Lucina gets in with minimal differences from Marth, but Chrom is just a FS character.
I can't believe this unfair bias...
Somebody was going to get screwed over in the end. There was no way that all three were going to be playable and Lucina was always the buffer for now even more obvious reasons (hint: it rhymes with Garth). I knew somebody was going to wind up as a final smash but I always figured it would be Robin. In the grand scheme of things, this wasn't going to end well for at least one fanbase. I'm not going to say either way that this was best or worst possible outcome because I never really had any stock in any three of the characters but it had to come down to someone being left out.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hey guys.

I dropped a tear while reading this comic. :(
Out of all 4 of the biggest losers in Smash Bros (Chrom, Pac-Man, Mii, Dark Pit), Chrom had to be the one not to make it.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's hard to see a long road end with a brick wall, it's something that many fanbases will soon be facing soon enough, Chrom was simply the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom