• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It also especially sucks when a character seems guarantee to get in; all of these hints and even a leak that seemed completely legitimate, gets disconfirmed in such a mean fashion.
While I agree that the de-confirmation of a character thought of as very likely can hurt, I'm not so sure that there were really that many "hints" towards Chrom. Any "hints" or "evidence" in his favor, such as the presence of Arena Ferox, were really pointing towards an Awakening newcomer in general, not Chrom specifically. There were also a number of little clues here and there that actually pointed towards Robin and away from Chrom; however, these were mostly ignored by most people, since Chrom was almost unanimously viewed as the most likely Fire Emblem newcomer for arbitrary reasons. I think the one thing Chrom really had going in his favor in terms of actual evidence was the Gematsu leak, but as many of us pointed out, the information leaked was outdated and from a point when the roster was not completely finalized. There was a very real possibility that anything could change. However, this too was ignored by most people. Frankly, thinking that any character on that leak, or any character at all, is a guarantee is naive. In the end, the idea of "shoo-ins" is really just fanciful thinking by overconfident fans.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A dark future is upon us, Chrom supporters. In the most recent newcomer trailer, all expectations were defied as Chrom was made into a Final Smash, and Lucina and Robin became playable. The leaker had let us down. Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch proved too strong for our hero. In the end, he fell. All the powers of Naga couldn't save him. This is all written.

But...anything can change!

With enough support, we can change this. Challenge this fate. Don't put any stock into this destiny hogwash. We are Chrom supporters, and we've dealt with many detractors. Now all it takes is to convince one more: Masahiro Sakurai. There is strength in numbers. The remorse and comradery in this community after Chrom's disconfirmation moved me. It is truly the invisible ties forged between us that can change fate's course. Come, my Shepherds, and rally your strength. We have a new path to trek: the path of kings, not conquerors. We shall not demand, cry, or give up. Instead, we shall act with passion and intelligence. We can start a movement. A movement to make Chrom a downloadable, post-release character for Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS.

The battle won't be easy, but I wish to gather the strength of the shepherds in this dark time. It takes your help to make this happen. I can't go it alone. Like Chrom, I will need an army at my side. I need people to spread this and increase our numbers, and reach out to members of the community and beyond. Spread the word of the Lord. Take it everywhere. Make art, make music, do whatever you can. I am in the process of creating an official twitter, website, and video, and am in the process of sending this to Matthew Mercer for more momentum. Any other outreach would be appreciated.

All we would ask is that Chrom be DLC. It wouldn't be hard to change this, as a simple "Alfonzo scenario" would work. Just replace Chrom with Frederick in Robin's Final Smash. We get Chrom playable, and get to hear Frederick yell "Pick a God and Pray!"

There are move set options, which the site will detail when it goes live. This would further convince some that Chrom can be his own character.

The time is now. Waiting will only set this future in stone. Message me if you would like to help. Remember, folks: Anything Can Change. Now let's get Chrom where he belongs.

Your resident Chrom fan,

Opossum.

I'll be back later for more.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
A dark future is upon us, Chrom supporters. In the most recent newcomer trailer, all expectations were defied as Chrom was made into a Final Smash, and Lucina and Robin became playable. The leaker had let us down. Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch proved too strong for our hero. In the end, he fell. All the powers of Naga couldn't save him. This is all written.

With enough support, we can change this. Challenge this fate. Don't put any stock into this destiny hogwash. We are Chrom supporters, and we've dealt with many detractors. Now all it takes is to convince one more: Masahiro Sakurai. There is strength in numbers. The remorse and comradery in this community after Chrom's disconfirmation moved me. It is truly the invisible ties forged between us that can change fate's course. Come, my Shepherds, and rally your strength. We have a new path to trek: the path of kings, not conquerors. We shall not demand, cry, or give up. Instead, we shall act with passion and intelligence. We can start a movement. A movement to make Chrom a downloadable, post-release character for Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS.

The battle won't be easy, but I wish to gather the strength of the shepherds in this dark time. It takes your help to make this happen. I can't go it alone. Like Chrom, I will need an army at my side. I need people to spread this and increase our numbers, and reach out to members of the community and beyond. Spread the word of the Lord. Take it everywhere. Make art, make music, do whatever you can. I am in the process of creating an official twitter, website, and video, and am in the process of sending this to Matthew Mercer for more momentum. Any other outreach would be appreciated.

All we would ask is that Chrom be DLC. It wouldn't be hard to change this, as a simple "Alfonzo scenario" would work. Just replace Chrom with Frederick in Robin's Final Smash. We get Chrom playable, and get to hear Frederick yell "Pick a God and Pray!"

There are move set options, which the site will detail when it goes live. This would further convince some that Chrom can be his own character.

The time is now. Waiting will only set this future in stone. ,estate me if you would like to help. Remember, folks: Anything Can Change. Now let's get Chrom where he belongs.

Your resident Chrom fan,

Opossum.

Truly a rousing post good sir! Don't close the thread yet, after all chrom challenges fate, even his own! DLC rises in the future!

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
While I wasn't a huge Chrom supporter, seeing him lying there helplessly made me feel really bad for him and his fans. Deconfirmations are horrible, whoever it is.

A couple of positives, though:
- DLC. I'd support him for this, definitely.
- He looks to have a nice in-game model. Perhaps this could be used in some mods. Chrom could be a frontrunner to make it when Project B happens :awesome:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522

The time is now. Waiting will only set this future in stone. ,estate me if you would like to help. Remember, folks: Anything Can Change. Now let's get Chrom where he belongs.

Your resident Chrom fan,

Opossum.

That's the spirit man! From one support thread to another, just remember, you can change the future!

Goten21

Smash Journeyman

Your resident Chrom fan,

Opossum.

I really do love your optimism... But be realistic

You're either expecting them to
A) Include 5 characters from the same series AND include a character that is part of a different final smash

B) Make them change a final smash that was shown in an official trailer and make them exclude Palutina as a character

Both of these are so unlikely

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

A) Include 5 characters from the same series AND include a character that is part of a different final smash

B) Make them change a final smash that was shown in an official trailer and make them exclude Palutina as a character

I think the hope is a later dlc release.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
You just give us the word, once you have a video, website, ANYTHING, I'll be ready to spread it.
My steel is yours.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Both are valid concerns. The way I see it, this could be an answer to both.

A) With this, the five character thing may be jarring to some. However, that's the thing. With something like DLC, buying it is optional. And the resources are already seemingly there. It'd be a less complicated addition, so it'd be worth the time to get some extra money.

B) With the Final Smash, it'd only take a model swap. The very first trailer showed a pre-Alfonzo Toon Link Train. This is changed if Toon Link fights. Similarly, if Chrom is in a match, Robin's Final Smash is altered. One option could be Frederick as a replacement, only needing a galloping and stabbing animation, plus "Pick a God and Pray!" If Chrom's not in the match, the Final Smash can remain the same. After all, Chrom is close enough to Robin that appearing in his Final Smash isn't out of character, either.

All in all, optimism is what will keep us going. As long as we can provide solutions, no matter the likelihood, we'll help get our voice heard. :)

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
Both are valid concerns. The way I see it, this could be an answer to both.

A) With this, the five character thing may be jarring to some. However, that's the thing. With something like DLC, buying it is optional. And the resources are already seemingly there. It'd be a less complicated addition, so it'd be worth the time to get some extra money.

B) With the Final Smash, it'd only take a model swap. The very first trailer showed a pre-Alfonzo Toon Link Train. This is changed if Toon Link fights. Similarly, if Chrom is in a match, Robin's Final Smash is altered. One option could be Frederick as a replacement, only needing a galloping and stabbing animation, plus "Pick a God and Pray!" If Chrom's not in the match, the Final Smash can remain the same. After all, Chrom is close enough to Robin that appearing in his Final Smash isn't out of character, either.

All in all, optimism is what will keep us going. As long as we can provide solutions, no matter the likelihood, we'll help get our voice heard. :)
Gosh you are giving me that hope I need! You truly are amazing :D

You are basically the un-official, but official Chrom supporter President! Lol! :D
GO CHROM!

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I'm super depressed right now. I really wanted Chrom. Being a Final Smash is the same as being a trophy to me. I don't play with items turned on, so I'll never see Chrom. I wish it was Chrom and Robin rather than Lucina and Robin, especially since she is just a Marth clone.

My hype for this game got knocked down a few pegs. It will recover as we near the release date, but for now I am depressed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm super depressed right now. I really wanted Chrom. Being a Final Smash is the same as being a trophy to me. I don't play with items turned on, so I'll never see Chrom. I wish it was Chrom and Robin rather than Lucina and Robin, especially since she is just a Marth clone.

My hype for this game got knocked down a few pegs. It will recover as we near the release date, but for now I am depressed.
Let the depression instead fuel your drive. Support the movement, and we can make great things happen. All it takes is some time and effort. Over the next week my main focus is getting a website and Twitter account up, and then we can make some magic.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
I've come here not to pay my condolences on Chrom's situation, but to praise him.

Let's praise Chrom to prove us that really anything can change, that not everything was set on stone, including his own fate.

Chrom didn't made it today, but he opened the doors of hope to many more characters to come.

Chrom bringed hope to many, by bringing sadness to some.

Also, aside the joke in the trailer, I think in Sakurai's eyes, bringing Chrom to Robin FS, with a full model and audio and everything was somehow a tribute. We must see it as that, and not as an offense.

And DLC possibility seems very hard, but I stll want a Chrom skin for Ike, with audio change. That would mark his place in the game, maybe not as he deserves but as we deserves.

Thank you Chrom, you have made a great difference in not being a playable character much bigger than you would have in being confirmed.

Sonicdude234

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0576-5109-7228
Like my friend Deviddo Said. Our Steel is yours.

Likewise will I spread them. You have my full support.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I've come here not to pay my condolences on Chrom's situation, but to praise him.

Let's praise Chrom to prove us that really anything can change, that not everything was set on stone, including his own fate.

Chrom didn't made it today, but he opened the doors of hope to many more characters to come.

Chrom bringed hope to many, by bringing sadness to some.

Also, aside the joke in the trailer, I think in Sakurai's eyes, bringing Chrom to Robin FS, with a full model and audio and everything was somehow a tribute. We must see it as that, and not as an offense.

And DLC possibility seems very hard, but I stll want a Chrom skin for Ike, with audio change. That would mark his place in the game, maybe not as he deserves but as we deserves.

Thank you Chrom, you have made a great difference in not being a playable character much bigger than you would have in being confirmed.
I do see it as a tribute although the trailer poked fun, it wasn't "brutal" in my eyes. Also can you guys can let me know how I can help! Let's change fate!

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984

Your resident Chrom fan,

Opossum.

Anything can change, so I'll support this. Though, on the FS thing, I don't think Fredrick would be the best replacement because of the horse/spear thing. Say'ri or Gregor might be better recommendations for that.

And while people say it'd be a bad idea to push for dlc of a deconfirmed character: It was going to happen anyway. This board will be full of people asking for that, and we're really the first one deconfirmed with this huge a fanbase. The Robin thread was even going to do it.

Still, "Maybe I'll get my chance.." could be a hint they're considering him already. We'll have to see. Lets push until then.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Anything can change, so I'll support this. Though, on the FS thing, I don't think Fredrick would be the best replacement because of the horse/spear thing. Say'ri or Gregor might be better recommendations for that.

And while people say it'd be a bad idea to push for dlc of a deconfirmed character: It was going to happen anyway. This board will be full of people asking for that, and we're really the first one deconfirmed with this huge a fanbase. The Robin thread was even going to do it.

Still, "Maybe I'll get my chance.." could be a hint they're considering him already. We'll have to see. Lets push until then.
Yep, we just ought to stay optimistic and continue to push for chrom!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As of now, I'm attempting to recruit some people I know to help with certain technical aspects. In particular, anyone well-versed with video editing or web design would be of tons of help! :)

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
I normally lurk for the most part and Chrom has been my number one most wanted newcomer so I feel have to give whatever support I can to spread hope for DLC Chrom.

Also, even though I doubt it would happen, I would love to see Donnel replace Chrom in Robin's FS just so I could hear Donnel yell Yeehaw!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You know, I have to ask... Are we really getting DLC? Wasn't the main reason we thought we would get DLC because of the Gematsu Leak? And now it's not absolute, and the leaker actually lied about Shulk being revealed...

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
You know, I have to ask... Are we really getting DLC? Wasn't the main reason we thought we would get DLC because of the Gematsu Leak? And now it's not absolute, and the leaker actually lied about Shulk being revealed...
I still feel it's possible. Nintendo seems to be doing more in the way of DLC and with Smash Bros being such a huge franchise I would expect to see something. Even if the possible DLC doesn't include new characters.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Dlc is a popular theory in general, but I would like to add that gematsu may still have some relevance, although it has been reduced greatly.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As shaky as the thought is, he definitely got the Chorus Kids right. I'm sure of that. After all, there are Sneaky Spirits. Even so, I find DLC to be possible, just because I don't see them passing up the opportunity if there's enough demand.

That being said, I apologize to you if I gave Robin supporters a hard time. Would you be willing to aid us, False Sense?

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Let the depression instead fuel your drive. Support the movement, and we can make great things happen. All it takes is some time and effort. Over the next week my main focus is getting a website and Twitter account up, and then we can make some magic.
You've got my support, good sir. I'll do what I can, even if it's just adding my voice to the crowd. I will fight for Chrom.

Last edited:

Hammer Man

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4038-6681-4351

Your resident Chrom fan,

Opossum.

This poem...It's so beautiful.

This is the best thing I ever read. You have my full support Opossum.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Sorry, but I'm not going to beg for another terrible Fire Emblem character.

Also, good job defying your own philosophies with DLC Opossum.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sorry, but I'm not going to beg for another terrible Fire Emblem character.

Also, good job defying your own philosophies with DLC Opossum.
Defying my own philosophies...how, exactly? You absolutely must have an answer to such a bold claim, after all. So what do you have to say?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Defying my own philosophies...how, exactly? You absolutely must have an answer to such a bold claim, after all. So what do you have to say?
One way to think of it would be like this. If they're an Assist Trophy, it means that that's the role they've been planned to have for a while. They've also apparently been planning DLC for a while. DLC would likely consist of characters that they'd either not had plans to do something with yet, or ones that they had planned, but couldn't finish. If they're already planned for an AT or boss, why go back on it this late in the game?
Yes, being part of a Final Smash counts going by your statements.

SwagzillaForilla

Smash Apprentice

Your resident Chrom fan,

Opossum.

Well-versed, but Chrom will get his chance another day. Nothing can change his status for this installment of Smash Bros.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes, being part of a Final Smash counts going by your statements.
Except a quick cameo in a Final Smash is practically on par with a trophy. It is nowhere near the status of an Assist Trophy. Chrom is easily replaceable in this sense, so no, it fits finely into my philosophies.

We get it. You don't like Chrom. No one asked you to like him. There's no reason for you to come back here. None. If you're not going to help, I invite you to see yourself out. You're only making things worse for yourself,. :)

Well-versed, but Chrom will get his chance another day. Nothing can change his status for this installment of Smash Bros.
An attitude like that won't help. If we try hard enough...well, who knows?

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
The Amiibos ARE DLC already. Is only the beggining.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Does anyone know if Matthew Mercer is an active tweeter?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To be fair, I really only want :4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4robinf:

But I'm always up for one more.

I'll help. :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Except a quick cameo in a Final Smash is practically on par with a trophy. It is nowhere near the status of an Assist Trophy. Chrom is easily replaceable in this sense, so no, it fits finely into my philosophies.
Okay, so that means we can support characters from Assist Trophies and bosses, because like you said it's only a quick cameo.

Seriously though, stop this double standard crap. Either pick one side or the other, don't make exceptions that benefits a character you want.

Never mind the fact this is all made up to begin with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom