• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You'll have your blue-haired swordsmen and you will like it, son!:troll:
Well, that's probably true, since the most likely Fire Emblem newcomer is a blue-haired swordsmen, and the second most likely can potentially have blue hair and can use a sword.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah. I'm totally stoked about Seliph finally making his playable appearance.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
The first couple seconds of this should be ok :awesome::

Btw, I just realized that you have the same mains as me :rotfl:.
Only if Sonic's theme is changed to the first 6 seconds of this video; Primarily so that I can have my Blue Team mains forever :troll::

On topic:
The swim trunks would be perfect as an alternate costume for Chrom, especially considering there's a beach in the 3DS version, and Matt Mercer already confirmed Jigglypuff as Chrom's Smash wife.
Chrom fans must have similar taste in mains :p

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I'm not disregarding the possibility. I just think that it's a rather unlikely possibility, for a number of reasons. For example, Pac-Man does already have a similar gimmick, and so far every newcomer has been pretty unique compared to both the veterans and the newcomers. As for the point about Marth and Ike, because they're both leaders of large armies, they could basically do the exact same thing. However, that was not how they were designed. I see little reason for Chrom to be given such an ability while the other two were not. It would kind of be like special treatment, I think. Also, wouldn't a move set based off of summoning other characters be rather challenging to make from a graphics perspective? They'd have to make individual models for all the characters Chrom summons, and the characters from Awakening have some rather detailed designs. It would be difficult to make something like that work, I think.

So while I wouldn't say your idea is impossible (and to be honest, it would be a rather cool move set for Chrom), I would say that such an idea is not likely to be implemented.
Oh yeah I forgot, Chrom can't have "special treatment" at all :troll:.

Tbh, it's not that far-fetched, as characters like Zelda and Mega-Man have different models featured in their moveset. Plus, with all of that modeling work in creating the enemies for Smash Run and etc., I don't see why throwing 3-4 other character models into Chrom's moveset would be that big of a hassle (the extra models don't have to be overly detailed anyway).

I'm not saying it's definitely going to happen, but only suggesting that it is a possibility (mainly a good way to represent the diversity of characters and such in FE, since people often complain that it has been given the "short end of the stick" in Smash). Why should Chrom be given this power though? Well, that answer is simple: the pair-up mechanic that is exclusive to Awakening.

Hong

The Strongest
I think an Awakening character should get the Fire Emblem theme as well, but increased in tempo with the Awakening theme added onto the end. Like the intro theme.

Ike should get a slower version of the Fire Emblem with emphasis on percussion, like the Greil Mercenary tracks from Path of Radiance.

Marth can keep the balanced, classic orchestration.
But death shouldn't stop him from being in!
You know, some kind of undead hero could make for an awesome fighter. It would be kind of like Spinal, teleporting around the stage to find openings.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I think an Awakening character should get the Fire Emblem theme as well, but increased in tempo with the Awakening theme added onto the end. Like the intro theme.

Ike should get a slower version of the Fire Emblem with emphasis on percussion, like the Greil Mercenary tracks from Path of Radiance.

Marth can keep the balanced, classic orchestration.
You know, some kind of undead hero could make for an awesome fighter. It would be kind of like Spinal, teleporting around the stage to find openings.
I think Conquest Ablaze works perfectly for what you are talking about.

Last edited:

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
As for the point about Marth and Ike, because they're both leaders of large armies, they could basically do the exact same thing. However, that was not how they were designed. I see little reason for Chrom to be given such an ability while the other two were not. It would kind of be like special treatment, I think. Also, wouldn't a move set based off of summoning other characters be rather challenging to make from a graphics perspective? They'd have to make individual models for all the characters Chrom summons, and the characters from Awakening have some rather detailed designs. It would be difficult to make something like that work, I think.

So while I wouldn't say your idea is impossible (and to be honest, it would be a rather cool move set for Chrom), I would say that such an idea is not likely to be implemented.
Well, the difference between Marth, Ike and Chrom is that in Chrom's game there was the Dual pair mechanic, that's why summoning would be better for Chrom. But I see your point about the difficulties with graphics. Maybe summon one or two only for specials, and not more than that.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Chrom isn't my favorite potential Fire Emblem newcomer, but I still support him and I'd love to see his inclusion. Add me to the supporter list!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I say something along the lines of Shepherd Raid, or just calling in Lucina and Robin. Other than that, calling upon Naga to torch the arena with sacred flames could be neat, with Chrom emerging unscathed due to being the chosen hero.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I say something along the lines of Shepherd Raid, or just calling in Lucina and Robin. Other than that, calling upon Naga to torch the arena with sacred flames could be neat, with Chrom emerging unscathed due to being the chosen hero.
I was thinking something like that, for not only him but Shulk (Via a Chain Attack) although both would be a bit simliar to Mega if that was the case.

I can't think of a Good FS for Chrom though, Unless its like a combo of skills from Awakening or like LIMIT breaker or Awakened Falchion

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm just going to leave this picture right here. Keep in mind that I didn't make it, and I have nothing against Chrom.

image.jpg

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
If they put Chrom in this game, he better take his Great Lord design. The one were he has the fire emblem on one arm and holding his exalted falchion in his other.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So who wants to guess a potential final smash for Google Chrom?
Well, there's Chrom's Falchion transforming into the Exalted Falchion. It can probably start with him taking out the fire emblem and is engulfed in flames. He comes out of it unscathed and his sword receives a power boost for a short period of time.

Or as a joke, he can propose to the fighter closest to him like Jigglypuff for example. As they're stunned by Chrom's affection, he takes out his sword and backstabs them.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Well people ¿how good are the chances for a Chrom reveal instead of Shulk and Chorus Kids? I need something to build the hype.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Well people ¿how good are the chances for a Chrom reveal instead of Shulk and Chorus Kids? I need something to build the hype.
Well, for one, there is no in-game Xenoblade content confirmed unlike FE:A. It would be pretty weird to leave a newcomer character secret when the stage associated with that character isn't.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Well to be fair, if they showed any Xenoblade content, we'd know Shulk is in since no one else could fill the role of Xenoblade rep. Chrom isn't the only FE:A character that's viable and wanted. Don't get me wrong, I'd be fine with a Chrom reveal, but seeing Shulk get in would make my day. And besides, if either of them or Chorus Men are confirmed, it strengthens the Gematsu Leak, and thus the others' chances :p

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Well, for one, there is no in-game Xenoblade content confirmed unlike FE:A. It would be pretty weird to leave a newcomer character secret when the stage associated with that character isn't.
There is Gre- (remembers the 3DS stage)...how about Pac- (remembers is a guest).

Seems legit.

Well to be fair, if they showed any Xenoblade content, we'd know Shulk is in since no one else could fill the role of Xenoblade rep. Chrom isn't the only FE:A character that's viable and wanted. Don't get me wrong, I'd be fine with a Chrom reveal, but seeing Shulk get in would make my day. And besides, if either of them or Chorus Men are confirmed, it strengthens the Gematsu Leak, and thus the others' chances :p
Another valid point...

Eh 50/50 I think. No chances for Chorus Kids? Oh, this is not the topic.

D

Deleted member

If we aren't going to get a character like Shulk revealed on Monday, I'm thinking that we will get Chrom since this stream is one day before a Fire Emblem game's anniversary.

This shall be an... interesting wait.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If we aren't going to get a character like Shulk revealed on Monday, I'm thinking that we will get Chrom since this stream is one day before a Fire Emblem game's anniversary.

This shall be an... interesting wait.
Interesting.. which game are you talking about?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My money is on either Corn or The Incredible Sulk.

*is Chorus Kids or Ridley or something* I ain't even mad.

Still though. There's about a 33% chance for some Chrom hype!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Still though. There's about a 33% chance for some Chrom hype!
Chrom fans are going to be hyped for the possibility of Chrom whether or not he's actually revealed now. There's a 100% chance for Chrom hype.

There's also about 100% chance of people being afraid that Chrom will be revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom