• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If that's true, and Chrom's still in I'm a bit disappointed, because I liked his voice in Awakening.

Hong

The Strongest
In any event, it's not like he would slip up. He has been asked this question more than once. Outright saying "No" becomes easier every time.

Don't get the wrong idea. It's not like I am reaching, here. If my avatar wasn't of any indication, there are a variety of characters from Fire Emblem I would prefer over Chrom, Robin included. It's not like I am trying to defend him here out of some belief that i can find hope. I just think this is absolutely ridiculous and, even though it's later in development, the fact he has always said "No" is enough indication that he'll say it again when he's asked. It's not that hard.

I don't think Chrom's chances are looking all too good, but anything but this news is affecting my beliefs.

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
So, this is an interesting subject.

For one point, do we even know when this question was asked? I had a friend tell me that this was quite a while ago, but I'm not sure if that is true (or if this was actually asked to him, or just faked?).

Another thing to consider is if they would even want to contact him, instead of simply using the vast wealth of voice clips present in Awakening already.

Hong

The Strongest
So, this is an interesting subject.

For one point, do we even know when this question was asked? I had a friend tell me that this was quite a while ago, but I'm not sure if that is true (or if this was actually asked to him, or just faked?).
His panel at the convention was just yesterday.

Also, whenever he goes to any convention (which is often), this question is asked. If I was not keen enough to know he would obviously say no, I would ask him, too. Why not? Who knows how many emails he gets where people ask him this same stupid question.

What is he going to do? Tell someone yes but ask them to keep a promise? ◔ᴗ◔

I know people are hungry for information, but this is so ridiculous.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
His panel at the convention was just yesterday.

Also, whenever he goes to any convention (which is often), this question is asked. If I was not keen enough to know he would obviously say no, I would ask him, too. Why not? Who knows how many emails he gets where people ask him this same stupid question.

What is he going to do? Tell someone yes but ask them to keep a promise? ◔ᴗ◔

I know people are hungry for information, but this is so ridiculous.
Yes, he trusts them all just like he trusts the Avatar (◡‿◡✿) .

What do you think is ridiculous though, the fact that they would even bring that up? It does seem very silly, especially with the possible reveal in like two days lol.

Hong

The Strongest
Yes, he trusts them all just like he trusts the Avatar (◡‿◡✿) .

What do you think is ridiculous though, the fact that they would even bring that up? It does seem very silly, especially with the possible reveal in like two days lol.
I could argue that the fact he could be revealed would make it absurdly stupid to break an existing NDA if he has kept it alive all the way up until now. It is way better to lie, especially when you are this close to it being public knowledge.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I could argue that the fact he could be revealed would make it absurdly stupid to break an existing NDA if he has kept it alive all the way up until now. It is way better to lie, especially when you are this close to it being public knowledge.
Totally, but either way, we might see in two days!

Let's get that hype rollin' :bluejump:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Totally, but either way, we might see in two days!

Let's get that hype rollin' :bluejump:
I hope my hype stays at a minimum. In the April Direct, I actually lost sleep over it. Soooo, not going to think about it. No, sir.

I need a distraction, NOW.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I hope my hype stays at a minimum. In the April Direct, I actually lost sleep over it. Soooo, not going to think about it. No, sir.

I need a distraction, NOW.
Hype is a replacement for sleep, I drink it everyday in place of coffee :awesome:.

I'm too hype to sleep myself lol

Hong

The Strongest
Plot-twist: Matthew Mercer is telling the truth. Gilbert Gottfried will be providing the voice for the character instead.

ANYTHING CAN CHANGE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
ChromXJigglypuff OTP Jigglypuff confirmed

I still think he's just trying to cover his NDA either way. It doesn't mean much other than getting some nice jokes out of it.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
This art is hilarious.
...buuuut it's sooo wrong in sooo many ways.
Chrom x Pikachu? Any other Pokemon? Bowser? Ness? Mr. Game and Watch? Ugh.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gilbert's busy voicing Ridley, so he can't voice Chrom. :troll:

That being said, as a word of caution, be careful with the E3 hype tomorrow, guys. If Chrom is shown, don't overdo throwing it in the detractors' faces. Cheering is good, jeering is not. Not that I think Chrom is the most likely to be shown (that'd be Pac-Man, in my opinion), but just in case.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Gilbert's busy voicing Ridley, so he can't voice Chrom. :troll:

That being said, as a word of caution, be careful with the E3 hype tomorrow, guys. If Chrom is shown, don't overdo throwing it in the detractors' faces. Cheering is good, jeering is not. Not that I think Chrom is the most likely to be shown (that'd be Pac-Man, in my opinion), but just in case.
God knows if the opposite happens they will do it to us... but still, I can't wait for tomorrow! So much Chrom hype!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
God knows if the opposite happens they will do it to us... but still, I can't wait for tomorrow! So much Chrom hype!
I wouldn't worry too much. I'm a moderator after all; if people get out of hand, I'll know. All I need is the handy report button. ;)

But yes, the hype is real!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If it should happen that Chrom is de-confirmed or a different Fire Emblem newcomer is revealed, I offer my condolences in advance. I don't think Chrom is a bad character choice by any means, and I fully understand why he has his supporters.

But I'd also remind you all that there are no such things as guarantees or shoo-ins with this sort of thing.

Hong

The Strongest
If SMT x FE shows up tomorrow, a good chance of seeing something Fire Emblem related for Smash Bros.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet, You have to remember Sakurai likes his surprises so he is probably revealing the FE stage to draw attention away from other Newcomers people were expecting, like how he revealed Little Mac on Valentines day after revealing a Palutena stage.

Although I still think he will be playable, Just that E3 won't be his time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If it helps, the Gematsu leak was further strengthened today due to his third leak, increasing Chrom's already great chances. It feels so real right now, guys. :)

IronFish

Smash Ace
If it helps, the Gematsu leak was further strengthened today due to his third leak, increasing Chrom's already great chances. It feels so real right now, guys. :)
Palutena had good chances to begin with, so it's not improved all THAT much, or at least the second part

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Where was his third leak?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
His third leak essentially stated the Miis would be called Mii Fighters (so there's really no denying it now :p ), post-release DLC may occur, and Lucas may get cut.

You can ask @Scoliosis Jones for the link!

IronFish

Smash Ace
And if we don't get Pacman here soon, this whole leak is debunked honestly, because Pacman won't be revealed anywhere else honestly.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Is the Smash question and answer viewable to the public? I think Chrom might be announced there.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What's this about a third part to gemastu leak?
...I just said what it said a few posts above.

I mean, at this point there's no denying the validity. Mega Man, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer showed up at E3 last year, as was said. Greninja was shown after "X and Y Pokemon" was said to be included. He also got Little Mac and Palutena correct, but they're common guesses. Still.

Now he accurately said "MII FIGHTERS," not Mii, would be shown. He used the exact name. He's legit.

It's just a matter of time before Chrom is revealed and the celebrations begin. :D

IronFish

Smash Ace

I mean, at this point there's no denying the validity. Mega Man, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer showed up at E3 last year, as was said. Greninja was shown after "X and Y Pokemon" was said to be included. He also got Little Mac and Palutena correct, but they're common guesses. Still.

Now he accurately said "MII FIGHTERS," not Mii, would be shown. He used the exact name. He's legit.

It's just a matter of time before Chrom is revealed and the celebrations begin. :D
What about Pacman? He pretty much needs to be revealed at E3 or bust. And regardless of Mii Fighters, he probably could of just meant Mii's as fighters. And look and how all his "Leaks" are either pretty much shoo-ins, or vauge enough to be hard to disprove. I think this leak at this point is nothing but Tauros excrement.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267

Don't count your chocobos before they hatch, as they say. Still, it's best to be...cautiously optimistic?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It helps that Pac-Man was literally just confirmed in the Q and A. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I believe in the Gematsu leak and I think that Chrom is in Smash. I was pretty confident that he was in since the start.
Though, I don't really support Chrom. I recently bought Awakening (my first FE game and I am loving it so far!) and I cannot relate to Chrom and I'm not invested in what he offers.

I find him, Shulk, and Chorus Men all to be all but confirmed at this point.

EDIT: Thank god the tips have been scaled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom