• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Chrom's chances seem high after seeing a new Fire Emblem stage added.

It just seems like a strange thing to show on the last Friday before E3 (foreshadowing?)

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Chrom's chances seem high after seeing a new Fire Emblem stage added.
Yes. A non-specific Fire Emblem arena, a most shocking and unheard of addition to Smash Bros, absolutely changes everything we thought about Chrom's chances.

Undoubtedly so. It's not like Arena Ferox is the only arena in all of Awakening, and the Miiverse specifically refers to the arenas seen throughout the series in a variety of games...

... that are not Awakening.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
In the scenario that Chrom ends up in the game as playable, how many people would you expect to end up struggling to see any differences between the FE characters and be all like:

Player1: Ha, prepare to meet Ike 's wrath!

Player 2: Ike? I thought you were playing Chrom

Player 1: No no I'm sure I'm using Ike. Check again

Player 3: You guys are blind. That is obviously Marth.

Player 1: So who's using Marth? Who is using Ike? Who is using Chrom?

Player 4: How am I suppose to know? Those three all look the same to me!

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Yes. A non-specific Fire Emblem arena, a most shocking and unheard of addition to Smash Bros, absolutely changes everything we thought about Chrom's chances.

Undoubtedly so. It's not like Arena Ferox is the only arena in all of Awakening, and the Miiverse specifically refers to the arenas seen throughout the series in a variety of games...

... that are not Awakening.
It's not like it specifically boosts Chrom's chances, but it essentially has that effect since Chrom is deemed the most likely for a variety of reasons. Having Ike and an FE stage revealed so randomly close to E3 feels like a set-up for something, so I'm pretty confident an FE newcomer is on their way (for me, it's Chrom).

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
In the scenario that Chrom ends up in the game as playable, how many people would you expect to end up struggling to see any differences between the FE characters and be all like:

I'm pretty sure they'll all have moves and idle movements.

fill

20EggsEggs

so i'm not a FE guy, but i understand marth and ike from the smash perspective, but if we got chrom, what kind of things would make him unique to those who arnt FE people. Im not saying he can't or shouldn't be in, just wondering. thanks in advance

Citricide

JuneauSmashBros Tournament Organizer
I'd like to see Chrom along with Marth and Ike. Hopefully with a unique moveset different from the other two.

Hong

The Strongest
It's not like it specifically boosts Chrom's chances, but it essentially has that effect since Chrom is deemed the most likely for a variety of reasons. Having Ike and an FE stage revealed so randomly close to E3 feels like a set-up for something, so I'm pretty confident an FE newcomer is on their way (for me, it's Chrom).
This unveil doesn't matter because I could have confidently bet my entire estate that a Fire Emblem stage would have been in the Wii U version of Smash Bros. There being a stage should be a surprise to nobody.

As it, to no surprise, is not an Awakening stage, the chances we have had for seeing a third representative have remain entirely unchanged.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
This unveil doesn't matter because I could have confidently bet my entire estate that a Fire Emblem stage would have been in the Wii U version of Smash Bros. There being a stage should be a surprise to nobody.

As it, to no surprise, is not an Awakening stage, the chances we have had for seeing a third representative have remain entirely unchanged.
>_>

The point isn't about whether or not there would be an FE stage, as that's a given. The point is about having revealed all of this necessary Fire Emblem stuff that would indefinitely exist within a newcomer's trailer, as the trailer's focus could then lie entirely on the new character. It being revealed right next to E3 would only suggest that they do plan on utilizing those assets in some way for that event (more than likely a newcomer, since we expect one from FE).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't think the stage means too much. They would have just shown it in Chrom's trailer anyway with his reveal, like the Town/City, Wily Castle, Wii Fit Studio, and Pokemon League. Only Rosalina and Little Mac (partially) had their stages revealed beforehand.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I don't think the stage means too much. They would have just shown it in Chrom's trailer anyway with his reveal, like the Town/City, Wily Castle, Wii Fit Studio, and Pokemon League. Only Rosalina and Little Mac (partially) had their stages revealed beforehand.
Shhhh, play it cool Opossum, we got dis in the bag.

Chrom4e3

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I don't think anyone is really writing off Chrom because he is a sword user.
1. He's another Lord...

2. Blue Hair

3. Perhaps not the best representation of the series, with Marth and Ike being not the same as Chrom, but similar.

4. No magic. Mages are a big part of FE.

Take your pick.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
1. He's another Lord...

2. Blue Hair

3. Perhaps not the best representation of the series, with Marth and Ike being not the same as Chrom, but similar.

4. No magic. Mages are a big part of FE.

Take your pick.
To respond to these counter arguments.

1. Eh, even among Lords, there are still those that are fundamentally different from Marth, such as Ike, Lyn, Micaiah, etc.

2. Blue hair is awesome.

3. Fair enough

4.True, but so is other weapons such as axes and lances.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
To respond to these counter arguments.

1. Eh, even among Lords, there are still those that are fundamentally different from Marth, such as Ike, Lyn, Micaiah, etc.

2. Blue hair is awesome.

3. Fair enough

4.True, but so is other weapons such as axes and lances.
Number 3 summarizes my stance to this.

Fair enough.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What can I say, blue is the most common hair color in ALL Japanese fictional media. IF not, the most popular non-dark hair color. :troll:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I just picked up FE:A yesterday and it's awesome. I'm for sure a Chrom supporter now.

But this will severely hamper my Roy-fanboyism. How to have both in game? Lol

Hong

The Strongest
I just picked up FE:A yesterday and it's awesome. I'm for sure a Chrom supporter now.

But this will severely hamper my Roy-fanboyism. How to have both in game? Lol
I can't help but feel Chrom is the better of the two.

I hate that Roy is only liked for his appearance in Smash Bros. I can say this most assuredly because he is one of the least liked lords among people who have actually played the games.

Oh, yeah. Sure. Smash is a legit reason to like a character. We have folks like Sheik and Captain Falcon who are certainly more important as fighters than characters.

The difference being at least they are internationally-recognized and now recurring fighters. Roy is a step above a nobody. Chrom, for how redundant he is among the ranks for Marth and Ike, is at least adored internationally, some detractors aside. If Chrom appears in this game, people will be pining for him to return just because he was in a game for when Smash 6 rolls around. It's such a finicky value. I am 100% sure Chrom would be more appreciate by people for a single cumulative Smash appearance than Roy was, if they would only give him a chance.

Granted, both of them have a variety of reasons for not appearing regardless.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I can't help but feel Chrom is the better of the two.

I hate that Roy is only liked for his appearance in Smash Bros. I can say this most assuredly because he is one of the least liked lords among people who have actually played the games.

Oh, yeah. Sure. Smash is a legit reason to like a character. We have folks like Sheik and Captain Falcon who are certainly more important as fighters than characters.

The difference being at least they are internationally-recognized and now recurring fighters. Roy is a step above a nobody. Chrom, for how redundant he is among the ranks for Marth and Ike, is at least adored internationally, some detractors aside. If Chrom appears in this game, people will be pining for him to return just because he was in a game for when Smash 6 rolls around. It's such a finicky value. I am 100% sure Chrom would be more appreciate by people for a single cumulative Smash appearance than Roy was, if they would only give him a chance.

Granted, both of them have a variety of reasons for not appearing regardless.
I mainly liked Roy because I was good with him. If I had been better with Marth in Melee, I'd have not cared about Roy much. But, as you can see by my mains, I enjoy it when Sakurai hurts me emotionally...

If Chrom were to come in and have the same feel as Roy then I wouldn't miss him at all. People said Ike was a replacement but he totally wasn't.

I don't, however, want Chrom to play just like Roy because it wouldn't be right anyway.

FE:A is my first time playing a Fire Emblem game, so I can't say I'm super familiar with the other games at all

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What are you going on about?
"This extremely similar character will have absolutely no relations to this other character and if you say otherwise you'll burn in hell. Every character will be unique, the other newcomers proves this!"

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
"This extremely similar character will have absolutely no relations to this other character and if you say otherwise you'll burn in hell. Every character will be unique, the other newcomers proves this!"
What, it's true :troll:

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I don't know, but I'm guessing we'll see FE rep at E3. Either Chrom or Robin. I'm not sure. But I am a fan of both, so I'd be thrilled to see either in.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Frankly I'm hoping so, because I want to get on to the character moveset/matchup discussion phase, and so that people will stop coming into Chrom's thread and complaining about him/at us for supporting him.

Some people more than others. :shades:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Frankly I'm hoping so, because I want to get on to the character moveset/matchup discussion phase, and so that people will stop coming into Chrom's thread and complaining about him/at us for supporting him.

Some people more than others. :shades:
As long as the character's interesting, I'll be fine. I'm thrilled for the newcomers in two days.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm pretty much in a "What newcomer(s) will be shown in addition to Pac-Man" mindset right now, haha. :laugh:

I'm hoping for Chrom, but realistically there are 2 or 3 other newcomers I can feasibly see being shown before him.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't know, folks. SMTxFE has a good chance of being at e3. A Fire Emblem newcomer trailer would be mighty tasty.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Hong

The Strongest
To quote myself:
I think it would be unreasonable to expect an honest response.

If he had done lines, he would have to respond with "no" regardless. Responding along the lines of "I can't say" may as well a confession, since if he had nothing to hide, he would have no reason to conceal information. It is better to lie to someone's face than breech an NDA. Especially if you can pad it with a joke to change the subject.

Lucario thing is a different matter since the character is public knowledge, unless I am unaware of some VA credit slipup that had occurred prior.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Has there even been VAs who lied about whether or not they have been contacted to play the role of a character before the character has been confirmed?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think it's a bit straw-graspy to assume he's lying, as people in such positions are familiar with giving non-answers, but this doesn't mean it's a definitive nail in the coffin or anything.

Though it's not a point in Chrom's favour.

Hong

The Strongest
I think it's a bit straw-graspy to assume he's lying, as people in such positions are familiar with giving non-answers
Doesn't change the fact it's the most logical choice for a response. (・ω・)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom