• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Pfft. Baby Chrom or bust.

And Pink-Gold Marth.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
I feel three similar looking blue haired lords with swords properly represents the vastness and diversity of Fire Emblem, much more than just two similar looking blue haired lords with swords.

Hong

The Strongest
I feel three similar looking blue haired lords with swords properly represents the vastness and diversity of Fire Emblem, much more than just two similar looking blue haired lords with swords.
It's not enough.

We must have Marth, Pr Marth, Retro Pantsless Marth, King Marth, Cobalt Gold Toon Marth, Dark Marth, Sigurd, Seliph, Ike, Lord Ike, Hero Ike, Vanguard Ike, Young Ike, Chrom, Lucina, Young Chrom, Crucina, and of course Robin (blue haired Str-based of course).

They haven't worked hard enough to get the brand image of Fire Emblem out there.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I agree, 3 lords do represent the series better than 2.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've changed the title to reinstate the fact that it is no longer Chrom's birthday.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
You know what?
I've warmed up to Chrom, honestly. After playing Awakening again, I'm for the guy.
Opo, can you add me to the supporters list?

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Oh man...I've got a horrible feeling that we won't see ANY Awakening rep at all. Somebody revitalize my hopes!

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Oh man...I've got a horrible feeling that we won't see ANY Awakening rep at all. Somebody revitalize my hopes!
Awakening was the most popular game Fire Emblem has had in a while. there has also been a new FE rep in both melee and brawl. Both Ike and marth have sent players to the Awakening site, where there is hardly any info on either of them. Also, there's the Gematsu leak

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Awakening was the most popular game Fire Emblem has had in a while. there has also been a new FE rep in both melee and brawl. Both Ike and marth have sent players to the Awakening site, where there is hardly any info on either of them. Also, there's the Gematsu leak
I don't put any credibility in leaks, but that certainly helped quite a bit. Thank you.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
If my #1 waifu doesn't get in they we should get a great lord Chrom with a fire emblem shield.

I would still like Robin more as the third rep, better yet, lets get four FE characters in smash.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I have posted a lot in the Robin thread how Chrom has pretty decent chances, though I wouldn't say popularity is something I'd use as supporting reasoning.

I think popularity has to be pretty substantial for it to really matter, like in the case of Sonic. None of the Fire Emblem characters are popular in the grand scheme of things. Even if you wanted to choose a popular character from Fire Emblem for the sake of Fire Emblem fans, I would say there are plenty of options since we started out with about five characters who all had a lot of supporters. Even if you travel beyond SmashBoards and look at other communities, even internationally, there is certainly more than one way to please.

At the very least, the Awakening characters are nice newcomer options in the sense that I would prefer if they threw a bone to the new found fans that financially saved the series from ruin. Admittedly, a lot of the newer fans are a bit shortsighted, and are likely to be happy with any of the three leads.

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb

Because these guys totally look similar.

I agree that the triple blue crown might give those who don't play Fire Emblem an inaccurate picture of the series, but calling Ike and Marth similar is just a travesty.
But if you're looking for someone who stands out from blue haired lords, there is always a certain boy: :troll:

Also, hello everyone! I have lurked for a while but haven't gotten around to posting.

Hong

The Strongest
And Chrom is one of the more fit lords! Poor guy. He's still a pipsqueak compared to Ike.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Don't worry about Chrom. The Sal leak has spoken. He is in.

The game is now who can come closest to guessing his moveset and playstyle!

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
To be fair, it's not as if Chrom's hypothetical confirmation would automatically mean that any leaks has been proven beyond all doubts, just merely not dead. Because Chrom being in this game is very plausible.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Take your Gematsu bickering to the Gematsu thread.

That said, I will go on record saying I was right when Chrom and all those others end up playable, if it happens.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Still no guesses about movesets or playstyles, just a bunch of blather about leaks.

I think Chrom will get Roy's sweetspot mechanic.

Base of the blade equals maximum knockback and damage. His playstyle will be based on leaping attacks to land the hilt on his opponent's head.

Might write up a moveset later.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Still no guesses about movesets or playstyles, just a bunch of blather about leaks.

Base of the blade equals maximum knockback and damage. His playstyle will be based on leaping attacks to land the hilt on his opponent's head.

Might right up a moveset later.
*Might

Niko Mar

Smash Lord

Might write up a moveset later.
There are really a bunch of ways to make Chrom unique with movesets and playstyles. They could incorporate the exalted falchion (like a move to increase damage or recover health), give him the FE shield for some shield-bash moves/counters and etc., let him use a lance/spear for a couple moves, allow him to summon assisting characters to rep the pair-up mechanic, or even give him the Parallel Falchion for some dual-sword action! (lol, maybe explained in a cutscene where Lucina has to throw Chrom her sword).

Any number of those, separate or combined in any which way.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, yeah, there are definitely ways to make Chrom a really unique addition, but I really don't see wielding both Falchions as a plausible outcome...

Hong

The Strongest
No, definitely six. They can make Marth an Einherjar instead and have Lucina join him :troll:
Perhaps Marth can get Awakening Swordmaster costume DLC, and carry two more Falchions in his scabbards as back-up.:troll:

andimidna

Smash Master
So you like blue-haired swordsmen?

IconChrom (3).png

Too bad. Purple Chrom. :troll:
Credit goes to Giovani's awesome icon-making skills and my terrible editing skills for this icon.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Real talk: I'd like to see Chrom wield a spear for normal attacks and simply whip Falchion out of its sheath for Specials and his B-Air. Simple, sufficiently different from other FE characters, and retains his iconic weapon in a capacity while making it stand out. Thoughts?

andimidna

Smash Master
Real talk: I'd like to see Chrom wield a spear for normal attacks and simply whip Falchion out of its sheath for Specials and his B-Air. Simple, sufficiently different from other FE characters, and retains his iconic weapon in a capacity while making it stand out. Thoughts?
It's not the best they could do with Fire Emblem but it would be a major step forward from some of what we seen and what is considered most likely to happen.
I like it.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't think betraying the character image in favour of an in-game mechanic is worth accomplishing something you can still accomplish without having to do so. I can explain.

Basically, Chrom could in theory use a lot of pokes and horizontal swings while extending forward. These attacks have very linear hitboxes, much like a spear would have. Of course using a spear still has hitbox possibilities that are unique to it, like twirling or spinning the spear as you would a staff, but not enough to merit making it a primary weapon.

I could totally see Chrom beasting things up by wielding a spear in one hand and the Falchion in another, and having that support some of his moves just because it's cooler, but his entire game should at least focus on his trademark blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom