• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Personally, I think that with both Marth and Ike confirmed, the possibility of a Chrom reveal trailer increased, so in that sense I'm anticipating him more.

I mean, otherwise, why reveal him now?
Honestly, I think that unless the roster gets entirely revealed at E3, this decreases the chance of him getting a trailer since it'd be so soon between Ike's confirmation and Chrom's confirmation. I can't see him getting a trailer over Mewtwo, Palutena, Shulk, or King K. Rool (If he's in) unless Chrom had both a moveset and a playstyle that not only is unique, not only is enjoyable, but something that no other character would have. Otherwise, I'm expecting he'll be held off until a Nintendo Direct or as an unlockable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If Marth and Ike are starters, I think we may see Chrom as an unlockable.

Or maybe he and Shulk can get a joint "Anything can change/The future doesn't belong to you!" trailer that makes no real sense. (Someone brought that up a little while ago and I though it was a hilarious but out of place idea.) Still think Chrom is super likely, even without the Gematsu leak.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The only people who think Chrom has no chance now are those who expected Chrom to replace Ike.

With Marth and Ike revealed, the stage has been set for Chrom's CGI trailer. Now we play the waiting game.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
With Ike being revealed before E3, I don't expect for Chrom to be revealed until post-e3. Maybe not even until post-release. But believe me, there will be HYPE!

D

Deleted member

With the second counterpoint, Opossum should replace the second counterargument about Chrom replacing Ike with a picture of Ike in SSB 3DS & Wii U.

There, done.

Hong

The Strongest
I stand 100% happily and comfortably corrected.

Looking forward to seeing if we get anyone else.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Marth was in 4 games, and Ike was in 2 games. Add one to both if you count Awakening. Chrom's only been in Awakening. Ike seems way more relevant to the series than Chrom, but Chrom might still have a chance because of how successful Awakening was.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I never felt like Ike would be cut but did like the idea of Chrom taking Ikes moves if he were to be. Now that the stupid logic is out the window, Chrom is essentially free to be his own character again. Didn't really care for him in Awakening in comparison to Lucina, so I'll take my leave knowing he still deserves to be added in smash over her. I only pray this is taking a bigger axe to the leak of having 4 people being removed instead of lowering Chroms chances.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
People expected Chrom to replace Ike. So what? Roy was planned for Brawl, but was cut when Sakurai finally got SEGA's permission to add Sonic. Chrom can still happen!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The only people who think Chrom has no chance now are those who expected Chrom to replace Ike.

With Marth and Ike revealed, the stage has been set for Chrom's CGI trailer. Now we play the waiting game.
Exactly my thinking.

Chrom's chances of being shown off at E3 have increased with the reveal of Marth and Ike.

And I'm getting tired of the "disconfirmation" of Chrom already.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Sheik is in Ocarina of Time 3D. And Dr. Mario and Pichu are almost certainly not in SSB4.
The point I was trying to make is none of them are "relevant to the series". Pichu is just the unevolved form of Pikachu, Dr. Mario is in like three original spin-off games tops, and Shiek is in one game.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
The point I was trying to make is none of them are "relevant to the series". Pichu is just the unevolved form of Pikachu, Dr. Mario is in like three original spin-off games tops, and Shiek is in one game.
They still add retro characters, like ROB and Mega Man. Pit, Ice Climbers, Dr. Mario, and Mr. Game and Watch were all retro characters when they were added. But they don't add retro characters from the same series, and Dr. Mario was a spinoff, not part of the official Mario series. Sheik's only still in because she used to be one of Zelda's moves. Also, wouldn't Pichu being the unevolved form of Pikachu make him relevant?

Also Pichu and Dr. Mario were added back in Melee, and Sakurai may have had a different view on adding characters at that time.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
the difference in sheik, is that while its only one game, he was an important character on one of the zeldas that had the most impact worldwide. and ocarina is regarding by a lot of people THE Zelda game (not my opinion, but you couldn't argue that its a generalized opinion)

Same could be understood to a certain extent in Rosalina, (aside she was one of teh very few interesting mario characters that wasn't in) maybe she wasn't on a ****ons games like say daisy, but she was a MAJOR character in one of the most defining Mario games of all time, (probably along Mario 3 and mario 64)

in other words, Relevancy isnt directly tied in amount of games, and while i can agree on pichu and dr mario who were probably last minute choices, i think sheik is way more relevant to zelda in general.

in that regard, i think that FE Awekening is a relevant FE game to the franchise and is very probable it will have a rep, (be it Chrom or Robin).

oh, and i'm happy about Ike reveal, means that my worst case scenario i which chrom ends up as a lame ike replacement with Ike moves is out : ), and even though I've never played the GC FEs I liked Ike moveset in brawl.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
This might be stupid thinking, but with Ike back now, something is telling me that Chrom is going to be different from him. I mean I could be entirely wrong, but I do hope he uses the Fire Emblem in his playstyle.

I am so freaking glad Ike is back. He's such a great character (better than Chrom imo) and deserves his spot in a Nintendo All-Stars game. Time will tell if Chrom is in the game, and I'd wager he is. But something is telling me he isn't going to be a direct clone. At worst, I see him being a "Wolf" to Ike. As in, will be considered a semi-clone, but not to the point where it's entirely a bad thing.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I just realized that US Ike smash page says if you want to learn more about Ike go to the FIRE EMBLEM AWEKENING page, and have a link... so i guess its almost confirmed a FE A rep? i mean its almost like ike came to smash saying that FEA is relevant DX

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
This might be stupid thinking, but with Ike back now, something is telling me that Chrom is going to be different from him. I mean I could be entirely wrong, but I do hope he uses the Fire Emblem in his playstyle.

I am so freaking glad Ike is back. He's such a great character (better than Chrom imo) and deserves his spot in a Nintendo All-Stars game. Time will tell if Chrom is in the game, and I'd wager he is. But something is telling me he isn't going to be a direct clone. At worst, I see him being a "Wolf" to Ike. As in, will be considered a semi-clone, but not to the point where it's entirely a bad thing.
I honestly think Chrom will have a counter as his down special, and a charge move for his neutral special. I'm okay with that.... I like it when characters from the same series have certain similarities. I also like that all Star Fox characters have a blaster and a reflector. Maybe it's just me.

I just realized that US Ike smash page says if you want to learn more about Ike go to the FIRE EMBLEM AWEKENING page, and have a link... so i guess its almost confirmed a FE A rep? i mean its almost like ike came to smash saying that FEA is relevant DX
Marth has the same link.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I honestly think Chrom will have a counter as his down special, and a charge move for his neutral special. I'm okay with that.... I like it when characters from the same series have certain similarities. I also like that all Star Fox characters have a blaster and a reflector. Maybe it's just me.

Marth has the same link.
Well one thing people are getting mad about is that they think Chrom is going to be a clone and that it's a terrible thing. The problem with that thinking is that because he is a sword user predominantly, and would likely use the Falchion in Smash Bros, he likely won't be using other weapons. He's going to have simialr sword attacks to Ike most likely. But that's because they're both sword users of similar build.

However, that's just about as bad as Falco using similar moves to Fox. Obviously, Sword users are going to have similar attacks. But if Chrom gets the Shield, than I have no doubt that he would have some sort of unique moveset. I don't have any ideas of what he could do with it just yet besides a shield bashing attack, but I do think it would contribute to a playstyle nobody else has.

Not to mention, Chrom likes to spin a lot and be flashy in the cutscenes of awakening. So I was thinking about that cutscene where he fights "Marth" at Arena Ferox. He jumps high into the air, and then spirals down at an angle in an Aether like fashion. They could make his side special a charged attack, and make him spin and move horizontally across the stage. Kind of like Meta Knight's side special, but spinning like Ike at the peak of Aether.

Just a couple ideas. But even though Chrom has blue hair and might have similarities to Ike, I'm sure he can get something to make him different.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
They are not gonna link it to a game that they are not selling anymore. FE:A is still a thing so of course they are gonna link it there, aside from the fact that Marth and Ike (and pretty much every other FE lord) appear there.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Ike's Japanese page links to Radiant Dawn, which makes me believe that Chrom still has a very good chance of getting in.

Besides, even if it did link to Awakening, there's still the example of Peach and Rosalina.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
If anything I think Ike, especially when you consider the close proximity to E3, is a precursor to Chrom and/or Robin/Lucina/whoever. Obviously a CGI trailer of a Fire Emblem newcomer will involve the Fire Emblem veterans, so it looks to me that Ike was shown off a little beforehand because he himself appears in the trailer.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ike is love, Ike is life. *cue Chrom trailer that includes a battle between Ike and the Greil Mercenaries and Shrek's Swamp troop.

I'm seeing a lot of people who say Chrom is out of the running, but I can't understand how they reach that conclusion. Most people didn't expect Ike to be cut anyway.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I didn't expect Ike to be revealed today, but I'm happy to see him! And with the redesign that I wanted!
I think this increases Chrom's chances, as Ike's redesign would differentiate them even more from each other.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
You know what would be really ironic? If Chrom made it in and ended up being predicted by the time of the next game as one of the likeliest cuts precisely for the same reasons people said Ike may be cut.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm seeing a lot of people who say Chrom is out of the running, but I can't understand how they reach that conclusion. Most people didn't expect Ike to be cut anyway.
I'm pretty sure that a lot of people didn't have faith in Ike's chances. It was only after Lucario's (and Toon Link's) reveal that people began to keep Ike on their rosters.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Wow, I've forgotten how whiny the users at NintendoLife are at times. Literally every post was a mirror to the Lucario/Mewtwo debacle. Though granted they are far more civil and mature then Miiverse could ever hope to be...

I hope both Mewtwo and Chrom are in if only to get everybody to shut up. :glare:

Hong

The Strongest
Wow, I've forgotten how whiny the users at NintendoLife are at times. Literally every post was a mirror to the Lucario/Mewtwo debacle. Though granted they are far more civil and mature then Miiverse could ever hope to be...

I hope both Mewtwo and Chrom are in if only to get everybody to shut up. :glare:
But there can only be one.

The only way we can settle this is with Chromtwo, the legendary psychic swordsman pokemon. With strength, speed, and telekinetics unmatched, the rest of the roster is truly undone.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ike is love, Ike is life. *cue Chrom trailer that includes a battle between Ike a
To put it lightly, people were banking on Chrom replacing Ike as the only way Chrom can get into Super Smash Bros. Since that fell through, people now are thinking Chrom won't have ghost of a chance.

It happened in the past with people thinking Lucina would replace Marth.

(Also the folks at /feg/ are enjoying the salty tears.)

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
I think that Ike's reveal so close to E3 means that maybe Chrom wil be shown there. That's why we got all FE veterans before E3, so they can make an awesome trailer with Marth, Ike and Chrom

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I think that Ike's reveal so close to E3 means that maybe Chrom wil be shown there. That's why we got all FE veterans before E3, so they can make an awesome trailer with Marth, Ike and Chrom
I think I'd start frothing at the mouth if that were the case. Well...maybe not THAT exaggerated, but you get the idea.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hmmm... so the Japanese Smash Bros. website links Marth to New Mystery of the Emblem website... and it links Ike to Radiant Dawn website... and their appearances in SSB4 is based on their appearances in these games... and yet the American Smash Bros. website links Marth and Ike to Awakening website... but we still don't have a character who would be linked to Awakening website in the Japanese Smash Bros. website... I believe that is where Chrom comes in.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
People are really starting to think Chrom won't be in because Ike showed up?

Are you kidding me? Come on now.

That said, I do expect someone like Palutena or Shulk over Chrom revealed at E3. Unless Sakurai doesn't give a **** and revealed Ike so he wouldn't have to reveal him in Chrom's trailer or some ****.

...Still hoping for that "Three Armies Clash" trailer for Chrom that Fatman came up with.

Dude...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom