• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Whoever the FE newcomer is, if we get any, I'll be disappointed if they reuse any moves from other Lords, even Counter. Complete originality is possible, so there is really no excuse for reusing moves.
I absolutely hate it, but I think Sakurai might keep Counter for every FE character every, purely as tradition. ;_;

Any chance of swimwear Chrom DLC? ◔ᴗ◔
Tempted to post the pic of that one swimsuit Chrom mousepad.....................

Hong

The Strongest
Oh, I've seen it. Someone wanted to get it for me but I am afraid it would be a bit much. :b

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I want them to change the animations for counter if they decide to slap it on Roy and Chrom as well.

Maybe grabbing the opponent and stabbing them. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah, they should base it of their actual dodge and counter animation I feel.

Hong

The Strongest
Ha ha. Be careful what you wish for. We may end up with Awakening's Counter skill.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'd be quite upset if they gave Chrom or Roy counter, or kept it on Ike for that matter, but changed the animation so it blows like Ike's did in Brawl. That's doubly awful.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well I finally got FE:A (My first Fire Emblem game), Stuck to hard mode, and named my character Master (I named all my Pokemon Trainers Master in every Pokemon game I play, so I oughta do the same for FE)
What I think of Chrom, I thinks he's a nice guy, but I saw he has a Falchion (just like Marth's), is there like a difference between them?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I'll give this another shot now that I better understand where people are coming from when it comes to uniqueness and diversity. The new moveset will incorporate old ideas from the first moveset I posted as well as several ideas mentioned before such as the Shield of Seals.

B: Critical Hit. This will be a chargeable attack but can be used even with partial charge. This attack will cause Chrom to swiftly leap-strike to an enemy while dealing a great amount of damage and knockback. This will be a two-hit attack in that the first hit will be relatively weak but locks the opponent in hit-stun while the second attack will deal a significant amount of damage and knockback the enemy. The leap can be partially controlled by tilting the control stick in forwards and backwards tilt will control how far Chrom leaps while an upward and downward tilt controls how high Chrom leaps.

B^: Falchion Finality. Chrom leaps straight into the air and crashes down with the Falcion as seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ5EQcLJ9C4&t=1m23s] in this video [/url]. Because Chrom does not have a dash available to him in midair, his B^ would allow for greater horizontal coverage to make up for it.

Bv: Draw/Withdraw. Chrom will either draw or withdraw the Shield of Seals. His standard A-attacks and aerials will change slightly depending on if he wields the Shield of Seals or not (So some of his standard attacks, aerials, and combo strings will utilize the shield itself, this will be an important concept later). His B> will also change depending on whether or not Chrom wields the Shield of Seals.

(Without Shield of Seals)

B>: Dual Support+. Upon activation an ally of Chrom will appear and block an incoming attack depending on the nature of said attack. (Dual Guard+) If the attack is a projectile Chrom will summon Robin, if the attack is melee then Lucina appears instead. (Masked/Unmasked, whatever your preference is) After the initial attack is blocked Chrom will quickly retaliate with a slash with his Falchion, during the hitstun of this attack the summoned ally will also retaliate, thus performing a two-hit combo. (Dual Strike+)

If Lucina counterattacks then she can either perform a dash attack, upwards slash, or downwards slash depending on the directional tilt of the attack upon activation. The dash will provide the most knockback and send the target flying diagonally, the upwards slash sends the target straight into the air, and the downwards slash will cause a ground bounce/meteor effect depending on what is beneath the target.

If Robin counterattacks then he will send a bolt of ethereal energy in the direction Chrom is facing. This attack will travel across the screen.

(With Shield of Seals)

B>: Awakening. Chrom will attempt to perform a chain attack similar to Marth's Dancing Blade. Instead this can only be activated three times in succession as opposed to four, and each successful activation will cause Chrom to attack twice in very rapid succession. Each successful hit will add one gem to the Shield of Seals. Upon the third successful activation (Chrom will have possession of four gems at this point since he has successfully performed the attack twice) Chrom will perform only one strike (Thus acquiring the final gem, possessing Argent, Azure, Vert, Sable, and Gules) quickly followed by a burst of blue flame that engulfs Chrom and hits targets on both sides of him.

After being baptized in Naga's flame, Chrom's Falchion is tempered and becomes the Exalted Falchion. The hilt will shine a brilliant blue while the blade itself emanates an orange glow. All attacks involving the Falchion will deal slightly more damage and knockback. Chrom will maintain the Exalted Falchion until he is KO-d, thus he will need to successfully perform the Awakening again.

Final Smash: Chrom's Shepherds. Chrom will summon his Shepherds to attack the enemies on screen. Each Shepherd will be able to perform a unique action. (Pretty similar to Crophyournameistoodamnlongandhardtospell's)

Lissa and Maribelle will both heal Chrom for a certain amount.
Avatar, Mirel, and Ricken will cast Elthunder, Elfire, and Elwind respectively.
Fredrick will gallop in on horseback and strike the enemy, occasionally yelling, 'My body is ready!' as his battle cry.
Sumia swoops in across the screen on a Pegasus dealing damage to all targets she hits.
Vaike will begin eviscerating anyone who is near him with his axe.
And Kellam will try to get noticed but ultimately fails.

With this I would like to have two play styles that Chrom players can enjoy, one of which is with the shield while the other is without. If Chrom successfully performs the Awakening I do not want the Shield to be useless so to remedy this I will make it so that in general Chrom's standard attacks, aerials, and combo strings are slightly more reliant/ favorable when wielding the Shield regardless if the Awakening was successfully performed.

However, the drawback to this is that he will not be able to strike with the new Exalted Falchion as often, nor will he be able to use Dual Guard+. He will still be able to perform the Awakening again, though he will not receive any further buffs. So now players must pick between a stronger, more defensive playstyle by choosing to rely solely on the Exalted Falchion or an aggressive, more combo reliant playstyle by wielding both the Shield of Seals and the Exalted Falchion. I'm hoping to achieve a balance here and may or may not buff/nerf aspects here and there until both methods are close to being balanced. (One idea right now is giving Shield Mode a meteor smash upon successful activation of Awakening)

I might add on to this later but for now I'm off.

Please provide criticisms and opinions, I would love to hear what everyone has to say!
B = Wouldn't call it critical hit because of Marth's final smash
B^ = Love the alliteration but finality sounds like more of a final smash. Flying Falchion, Falchion fury, etc. But good idea to use the video as a reference. I will use that video probably for Chrom and I have already used it for Lucina.
Bv = I don't prefer the idea of switching because it seems unnecessarily complex, and the change itself seems unrelated to the shield.
B forward = like the one like dancing blade, the summoning one seems tough. I would prefer if its Robin rather than Lucina or any other character because Robin can warp out, which would make more sense if the character disappears after the summon. And since it's a summon type of move, their should be a delay after for using the move again, because it would look weird for summons to happen really fast.
Final Smash: New Name "The Shepherds of Ylisse"
The healing seems like a bit too much. But I would structure it so each type of unit attacks in groups. I don't know if you were going for this but it seems like it would like Pit's Final Smash:
Starts with all the knights attacking at once (Sully, Frederick, and Stahl)
And then the flyers (Cherche, Sumia, Cordelia) , (bonus, it's a triangle attack)
Then the mages (Miriel, Ricken, Henry, and Tharja) (Lissa and Maribelle appear but just assist the others)
Then swords, axe, bow, and lance users (Lonqu, Gaius, Vaike, Donnel, Virion)
And finally Tiki and Nowi appear for the final knock out blow.
Kellam appears Behring Tiki and Nowi, ready to strike. He's revealed after they transform back. Then the move ends.
The moves happens really fast, so that's how we justify so many characters. It's possible to dodge everything, but Chrom can move too. And since Chrom can move, Robin is not a part of the attack itself.
Well I finally got FE:A (My first Fire Emblem game), Stuck to hard mode, and named my character Master (I named all my Pokemon Trainers Master in every Pokemon game I play, so I oughta do the same for FE)
What I think of Chrom, I thinks he's a nice guy, but I saw he has a Falchion (just like Marth's), is there like a difference between them?
No difference between them. The game takes place 2000 years after Marth's games so it's the same sword. There's a cool easter egg regarding this in the game.

Which makes me wonder. If he wields the same sword as Marth, should he have the same properties, as in tip of the sword is most powerful part and the sweetspot? I'm not advocating this, but I think it's an interesting question.
However, there shouldnt be a problem with both Marth and Chrom wielding it since both Links in Brawl wield the Master Sword.

Hong

The Strongest
I think the distinctions between the two Falchions is all the more reason to have either Chrom or Lucina in the game. It is much heavier, more powerful, but less elegant than its predecessor. I really want to see them clash.

I think it should and will get the Ragnell treatment, but not quite as heavy.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
You can argue that Chrom and Lucina wield the exalted falchion (I think Lucina exaults hers in her timeline), so it has different properties. It was weakened and reawakened over the years too. But I bet they won't address it.

It's interesting that the Falchion was redesigned so much in this game. The Falchion is currently the FE series symbol in Smash, and I doubt theyll change it, but they technically could if they include Chrom or Lucina

Oh and Lunadis's post also reminded me to show Chrom's Blue Aether to differentiate him from Ike: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ5EQcLJ9C4&t=1m23s]
It's at 2:09. He doesn't have Aether yet at this point, but that's what I expect it to look like.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
*Uses a Vulnerary on topic*

Okeydokes. I finally got the time to make a Chrom moveset. I decided to do things a bit differently, making Chrom a "semi-stance" character.

Chrom Moveset:

Special Moves
Neutral B: Dual Strike – Chrom does a swift sword or lance strike with the extreme minimum lag possible, but if tapped quickly again, does a leaping downward strike forward that acts as a Shield breaker, as well as giving him some approach options.
Side B: Luna. Differs depending on weapon.
---Sword Mode: Chrom does a quick rush move forward, similar to Ike’s Quick Draw, but sends the opponent directly upwards with an upward swing.
---Lance Mode: Chrom throws a Miniature Lance in a small arc toward the opponent while staying in place.
Up B: Sol: Works the same for both Sword and Lance modes. A basic recovery with an upward swing of Chrom’s weapon, sending him upwards by about twice his height. On impact, there’s a 50% chance of healing 10% damage.
Down B: Weapon Switch – Chrom switches his equipped weapon with his unequipped weapon, with possibilities for both Sword attacks and Lance attacks. This changes the visuals for his Forward Throw, Neutral Special and Up Special, as well as completely altering his Side Special, Smashes, Normal Combo and Down Throw.

Normal Moves (these are the same for both Sword and Lance; Chrom does not use his Lance for these attacks, with the exception of the standard combo):
(Falchion Equipped) AA: Only two attacks that repeat. A quick sword swing left, and then right.
(Lance Equipped) AAA: Chrom pulls out his Lance, doing two swift swings, and then a flurry of continuous pokes.
Side Tilt: Chrom makes a stabbing motion outward with his sword.
Up Tilt: Chrom stabs his sword upward.
Down Tilt: Chrom gets down low and swipes his sword strongly across the ground.
Dash Attack: Chrom bashes into the opponent with the Pedestal of Flames.

Sword Mode Smashes:
Up Smash: Chrom grabs the Falchion with both hands and stabs upward with lots of force.
Down Smash: Chrom holds the Pedestal of Flames, which causes a flurry of blue fire to emit from the ground around Chrom's feet.
Side Smash: Chrom leaps forward about one half of a normal platform length, and slams his sword onto the ground.

Lance Mode Smashes:
Up Smash: Chrom raises his Blessed Lance in an upward arc, back and forth, while the Blessed Lance releases some light magic.
Down Smash: Chrom stabs his lance toward the ground on both sides of his feet. High knockback.
Side Smash: Chrom runs forward a small bit to stab the foe with his Lance.

Aerials (these are the same for both Sword and Lance sets; Chrom only uses a lance in the air, with the exception of the Neutral Air):
Neutral Air: Chrom quickly draws his Falchion and does a quick somersault motion in the air, as seen in the Dual Falchions cutscene. Falls slightly faster while using this move.
Back Air: Chrom does a backflip in the air and jams the blunt end of the lance into the opponent.
Forward Air: Chrom extends his arm outwards and hits the foe with his lance at a downward angle.
Up Air: Chrom swipes his Lance in an overhead arc.
Down Air: Chrom jabs his Lance downward twice, creating a meteor smash effect.

Grabs and Throws:

Pummel: Chrom knees the opponents in the chest
Up Throw: Chrom just throws the foe upward. But then fire from the Pedestal of Flames hits them on the way up.
Forward Throw: Chrom holds the foe up and stabs them with his currently equipped weapon.
Back Throw: Chrom kicks the foe away after flipping them over backwards.
Down Throw: Differs depending on the equipped weapon.
Falchion: Chrom holds his foe on the ground and stabs them directly with his Falchion. High damage.
Lance: Chrom holds the foe down and skewers them with his lance, tossing them sideways. High knockback.

Final Smash: The Shepherds Raid: Similar in idea to others' movesets. Chrom calls forth the Shepherds to attack the stage.
Frederick appears on horseback and leads the charge with brutal lance strikes. Sully and Stahl follow suit.
Lissa appears and heals Chrom for up to 50% damage.
Vaike brashly throws his Axe, and then panics, thinking he lost it.
Sumia and Cordelia arrive on their pegasi and do lance strikes from the air.
Kellam appears too.
Finally, Lucina arrives and does the finishing blow with the Parallel Falchion.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Being able to switch between weapons would be one thing I'd like Sakurai to give to Chrom. That alone should make him unique compared to the rest of the FE crew.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Opposum
I dunno why, the mention of switching weapons suddenly made me more interested in Chrom. :laugh: I really like that idea. :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't think Chrom is a "Megaman" kind of fighter, you oughta stay true to Chrom and have him use only his Falchion.
Eh, he's just using a sword and a lance. That's really not enough to make him like Mega Man, you know.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well for starters, FE is hardly about switching weapons constantly. You just kill soldiers, with your best weapon, and kill some more Risen.
Why would you keep changing them constantly?

FE is about changing weapons depending upon the situation. :p

Hong

The Strongest
I don't think Chrom is a "Megaman" kind of fighter, you oughta stay true to Chrom and have him use only his Falchion.
No, that is not like Mega Man at all.

Mega Man uses different weapons for different inputs. Opossum's proposed moveset uses different inputs dictated by different weapons.

IE Mega Man's inputs always have the same result.
Opossum's Chroms have two different moves per input.

It is completely different in every single way possible.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No, that is not like Mega Man at all.

Mega Man uses different weapons for different inputs. Opossum's proposed moveset uses different inputs dictated by different weapons.

IE Mega Man's inputs always have the same result.
Opossum's Chroms have two different moves per input.

It is completely different in every single way possible.

Haha, that actually describes it pretty well. Thanks for that!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
BIG NEWS.

I am now the owner of this thread, and am trying to get it into shape. I'll be compiling things in the OP in the coming days, so if anyone has a moveset that they'd like to repost, I'll add it to the OP. Expect more movesets, Biography details, and Counter Arguments in the coming days.

Also, I added a Supporter List, so if you support Chrom, feel free to say so. :3

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
My Final Smash for Chrom:
Duel Awakening (or Dual Strike)
Lucina is warped next to Chrom. Chrom attacks forward, hitting any in front, while Lucina attacks anyone behind. After a few strikes (in the same manner as a brave sword) , they switch, doing the same to anyone in front on the other side. Finally, they hit one blue flamed Aether on their respective sides to knock any opponents out of sight.

Hong

The Strongest
BIG NEWS.

I am now the owner of this thread, and am trying to get it into shape. I'll be compiling things in the OP in the coming days, so if anyone has a moveset that they'd like to repost, I'll add it to the OP. Expect more movesets, Biography details, and Counter Arguments in the coming days.

Also, I added a Supporter List, so if you support Chrom, feel free to say so. :3
THANK GOODNESS someone who actually cares is taking responsibility. Chrom is a relatively likely candidate and I am surprised the thread did not have more support, though I suppose all of us Emblemiers usually congregate in our general topic.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I posted an idea
I kinda agree, I'd be cool with him using his Lance for certain move, mainly I think it'd be fitting for one of his moves a lance throw or something similar. If we are going to have Chrom with some sort of equip mechanic I'd much rather see him equipping different skills than weapons. I think it would be more unique to him and make him better represent Awakening as a whole. To my knowledge while Awakening wasn't the first game with skills or anything it was the first one where you could re-class so freely and actually realistically grind out a specific optimal skill set. I know for a lot of the harder content and for making your streetpass team the best it can be it's pretty much required.

I posted the idea in the Fire Emblem thread but am too lazy to dig it out. The basic premise is that down B would cycle through skills. This cycling would be pretty quick, not like Pokemon Trainer or Zelda where the switching is slow and leaves you open, Chrom could do so on the fly and even while jumping an such. Each Skill would alter him in some way usually in the form of a tradeoff. I think something like Aether would be his base default equipped skill which would have no tradeoff but wouldn't be super unique or powerful. The rest would usually give him some sort of buff or special ability but at the cost of something else. Say you equip "Counter" so now all melee damage you take does a portion ( <25% seem like a realistic, not too broken number) back to the attacker. An example of a tradeoff for this skill would be you lose your ranged attack and opponents ranged attacks now hit harder. I think you could do a lot of cool things with a concept like this. It would make Chrom feel unique without being overly gimmicky.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I think touching on Sakurai's criteria in the OP might help people see that Chrom could be made unique (with the right moveset) or perhaps understand where the Chrom supporters are coming from.

Sakurai's recent criteria (something to keep in mind):

- What is the uniqueness of this character?
- What does this character bring into the Smash Bros. universe?
- What do they have that other characters don't?
- How do they complement or contrast other characters?

I personally feel as though Chrom does not have as much longevity versus the other FE candidates. Perhaps you could also touch on this because I'm at a total loss as how he would be a healthy choice for the long run.

And a Specials moveset/ideas I've made some time ago. Up to the OP if he wants to add them, though I just made the moveset for fun to try to get a better visualization of Chrom.

Some one mentioned equipping the Shield of Seals in a moveset. Not sure if it could be tricky to implant in the context of Smash, though I'm sure it can be done right... Though I don't really know myself, here are some ideas:

- Have the shield work like Link's. Wherever the shield's static position is, it will have a hitbox. The shield will block most projectiles if hit. Perhaps Chrom can also block attacks when moving and in the air

- Have the ability to bring out the shield during any attack/combo/whatever without any lag to block incoming attacks. Don't know how that will turn out...

- Have the Shield of Seals literally be Chrom's Shield, similar to how Yoshi has his own special shield. Chrom will bring out the shield in front of him as it glows. The shield "bubble" will look more distinguished, and the shield itself will have higher defences, causing the shield to not shrink. This prevents shield stabbing/poking and the shield could also have a faster restore time. Perhaps Chrom won't get stunned when the shield happens to get shattered, but just being unable to shield until the normal duration of the stun time is over (a few seconds). Of course this needs to be balanced, though I'm really not fond of the idea of not being able to jump out of shielding...
Anyway, an attempt at a moveset:

Overview

Chrom is essentially a rush down fighter with speed faster than Ike. Chrom does well close range but also has some moves that could be used for zoning purposes, making him a versatile fighter. Because of this, Chrom can play "keep-away" very well: range attack to force opponents to approach you, force opponents to become vulnerable/make mistakes, and then strike and engage.

I also envision Chrom having a good footsies game: a good mid-range, ground-based gameplay and poke, poke, poke!, for some reason.
Moveset

B - Javelin Thrust: Quickly throws a javelin that could be aimed slightly up or down, though it will always travel in a slight arch (like Link's arrows, though non-chargeable but with more distance). With the right input, Chrom will do a low poke with the javelin instead. This has good range and will cause opponents to trip if they are hit with the tip of the javelin.

B > - Blade Barrage: Charges in the direction faced doing multiple sword slashes. Tapping B > will extend the move, making Chrom keep moving/attacking until the duration of the attack is over (similar to MK's Mach Tornado). At any time during Blade Barrage, Chrom will activate Luna and/or Sol depending on the input. Chrom could initiate either one of the two moves (immediately ending the duration of Blade Barrage), or quickly input one after the other (ending Blade Barrage after the last move but essentially making Chrom's Aether).

Luna: A horizontal low slash with good range. This move bypasses shields and causes upwards knockback if successfully hit
Sol: A slash with less range. If successful, the moves heals half the damage dealt

B ^ - Marvellous Flight: By using the power of his phenomenal wind, Chrom flies upwards with a sword strike (think Marth's recovery). This move has a bit of start-up lag, but it can be slightly aimed at any angle. Once initiated and in the air, with the right input during any time of the attack, Chrom will do a spinning sword strike, cutting through the air (see here). Opponents caught in the attack will receive multiple hits, though it's relatively easy to escape. The final blow of the attack will do more knockback + damage.

B v - Shield of Seals: Chrom pulls out the Shield of Seals (which enlarges and starts to glow) in the direction he's facing. The shield will stay out as long as B v is held or until the duration of the attack is over. Upon initial release, the shield produces two slow-moving shock waves that travel from each side of Chrom for a short distance (the shield will not produce new shockwaves if there's already previous ones already on the stage). The shock waves act as a weak projectile if hit, but they also can reflect any incoming projectiles as well. totally did not rip-off Hsien-Ko's Gong. The shield itself reflects projectiles and blocks physical attacks. However, since it faces the direction Chrom's facing, Chrom is vulnerable from the back. The shield, however, can be aimed in any direction, even above and below Chrom (if in the air).

The more I write this, the more I get Pit vibes for some reason...idk...

Final Smash - Shepherd Raid: Chrom summons various members from his army: Lucina (not a Shepherd but she randomly appears...), Robin, Frederick, Lissa, Sumia, etc, to attack or swoop down on opponents. Some members help Chrom, such as Lissa healing him during her presences. Sumia also throws down rhubarb pies that stun opponents if hit.

Alternatively - Exalted Falchion: Chrom's Falchion starts to glow orange and the centre blue. All damage Chrom previously had is healed, and the sword rapidly heals Chrom if damage is done to him. The sword itself has a bigger hitbox; all standard and smash attacks have huge range and do more damage. All specials are now a holy strike: a powerful sword slash with good range that produces an arch-shaped glowing projectile in the direction faced. The holy strike can be charged; the longer it's charged, the bigger projectile hitbox and more damage it deals. Chrom could also fly with the power of wind. The sword returns to normal after the duration of the FS.

Tbh, I was never a big fan of Chrom... until I saw this:

I mean, he's not on Roy's level of cuteness, but Shota Chrom's up there. ;)

I'm joking, I'm joking... I'd rather stay neutral on Chrom until I see gameplay or try him hands-on before making judgments. I mean who knows what Sakurai would do...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The OP was changed again? I'm looking forward to the counter-arguments section. ;)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think touching on Sakurai's criteria in the OP might help people see that Chrom could be made unique (with the right moveset) or perhaps understand where the Chrom supporters are coming from.

Sakurai's recent criteria (something to keep in mind):

- What is the uniqueness of this character?
- What does this character bring into the Smash Bros. universe?
- What do they have that other characters don't?
- How do they complement or contrast other characters?

I personally feel as though Chrom does not have as much longevity versus the other FE candidates. Perhaps you could also touch on this because I'm at a total loss as how he would be a healthy choice for the long run.

And a Specials moveset/ideas I've made some time ago. Up to the OP if he wants to add them, though I just made the moveset for fun to try to get a better visualization of Chrom.
Your moveset has been added to the OP, Croph!

As far as your longevity concern, I will definitely address it in the OP, but for now, I'll give my abridged opinion on it.

Personally, I think it might be too early to tell if Chrom will have a long-lasting impact. IS made Awakening as if it were the final game in the series, with the thought of a potential cancellation. Due to Awakening's success, and how Chrom has been pushed as the main character, as well as being a fan favorite from the game, I feel that there is a strong possibility of a potential sequel somewhere down the road that once again takes place in Ylisse. I don't think IS would skip on the opportunity to use Awakening's cast again, considering how well it did.

Just my opinion on the matter.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Chrom has absolutely no long term impact. Which is exactly why I feel Chrom is just a flavor of the month. A lot of people say that he is likely to get into Smash 4 due to recentness.. But then does that also mean that if he got into Smash 4, that he should be removed and replaced by the newest lord when Smash 5 comes around?

On top of that, I feel like Chrom's story is pretty much done. If they were going to make a sequel, I feel like it would be centered around Lucina in the future. Doesn't help that it says in the ending that Chrom ushered in a new era of peace.. Since, like you said, they went into development thinking it was potentially the last FE ever, they tied up all loose ends and weren't planning on making a sequel to begin with.

So yeah. I don't see Chrom ever coming back as a primary lord aside from possibly a spinoff game.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Your moveset has been added to the OP, Croph!

You can add the specials-only moveset I made. The challenge was to make a sword-only moveset for him that was distinct from the other FE characters without adding on random gimmicks. I chose to make Chrom's focus enhanced mobility, so each of his specials increases his movement options.

CHROM
Chrom's Sword only Specials
While Marth focuses on quick strikes and Ike focuses on strong strikes, I've chosen to make Chrom focus on mobility and controlling the direction his enemy is launched.

Up, DUAL STRIKE: He dashes in the direction indicated and slashes at the end of the movement, then he dashes again in the direction indicated and slashes again. Unlike Pikachu's UpB, you automatically dash twice and you can dash in the same direction both times.

Side, LUNA: Chrom rolls in the direction indicated and then slashes in the direction indicated (either to the right or left, can be a different direction than the initial roll), knocking foes away.
In the air, he simply dashes to the side instead of rolling.
The slash has the unique property that it completely bypasses shields.

Neutral, CANTO: Chrom jumps slightly in front of him and grabs. If a direction is indicated when he grabs an enemy, Chrom will kick off the enemy and launch them in the direction indicated while Chrom jumps the opposite direction. If no direction is indicated, Chrom will hit them with the hilt of his sword and make them crumple to the ground.

Down, RIGHTFUL KING: Chrom raises his blade and rallies his spirit. If the 1.5 second animation is completed without interruption, Chrom's blade will start shining and his next special attack will activate much faster and deal slightly more damage/launch farther.

Final Smash, TRUE SOL: Chrom's blade shines and he leaps forward. If he runs into an enemy, he slashes powerfully three times and launches them away. The attack deals 20% per slash for 60% total, healing Chrom for the same amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom