• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Notice Zelda Went From Being Blonde To A Brunette?

UncleChuckTH

Smash Rookie
SERIOUSLY, WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? NEW HAIR.

She actually was one of the most differing characters from Melee in Brawl, design wise.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
It's because of Twilight Princess but I don't know why they changed her hair color in that game. I like how you can have the blonde hair as a costume but the Sheik color isn't the same as it was in melee.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Zelda has blonde hair too, just pick the right color for her costume..

Rikuo

Smash Cadet
She looks so much better in TP than she did in any other game. Purple is a million times better than pink, and brunette works so much better for her character. She was originally a brunette anyway. Its not the first time they changed her look.

hack-killer

Smash Cadet
well i thought she was still blonde just because she needed to darker though
because she was in twilight and their taking that design so tat is y >.<

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure this is common knowledge already. >_>

Anyway, I like this look a lot, but I use the "classic" costume quite a lot, as well. On the other end of the spectrum, I don't tend to use the black/white costume because the white hair is kinda weird to me.

Triforce_Chauzu

Smash Apprentice
I like the new Zelda look... She looks more grown up, somehow (even though she's always been Nintendo's most mature character in my eyes). She simply looks more... Elegant. Secure.

Well, I just love it. Espescially with her blue clothes. :)

Shanky

Smash Cadet
It's because it's technically a completely different Zelda.

In Twilight Princess, both Link and Zelda became brunette, after being blonde in OoT, MM, and WW, but I think it's funny that Link in Brawl is still kinda blonde, even though they use the TP model. Anyway, I think Zelda looks better this way.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I like the new Zelda look... She looks more grown up, somehow (even though she's always been Nintendo's most mature character in my eyes). She simply looks more... Elegant. Secure.
They made her nose less pointy, her grimace more mature, and the hairstyle just looks very intelligent (the lack of hair styling of any kind made her look defenseless, merely a pretty, innocent princess).
The braids, simply for requiring effort to don, give an onlooker the feel that the braided has not only given thought to her appearance, but actually patiently done the braiding - hence, the perception of intelligence.

Also, the eyebrows, now brown, contrast with her skin, so they're more visible. And a brow can make all the difference in how serious a person appears. Zelda? Serious business.

I just notice this stuff without trying. No really.

Jammo

Smash Cadet

Well, I just love it. Especially with her blue clothes. :)
True that. Elegant Beautiful Women > Vapid yet Cute Women

so, in accordance to these rules,

Zelda > Peach. Peach may be cuter, but the intellect, kindness and ears that you could fillet a sardine on make Zelda my choice.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
True that. Elegant Beautiful Women > Vapid yet Cute Women

so, in accordance to these rules,

Zelda > Peach. Peach may be cuter, but the intellect, kindness and ears that you could fillet a sardine on make Zelda my choice.
And boy do i love sardines. Specially on toast. Anyone tried that?

*ahem*

Yeah, blonde isnt a trend nearly as much as it once was, thankfully.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
I prefer the classic, blonde Zelda because Shiek's hair color remains the same.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Zelda suits being brunetter better. She doesn't look so much like the cliche Disney Princess look Nintendo seemed to create with their princesses.
It also creates a nice contrast between her and Link, instead of making them look like siblings.

I hope they keep her brunette, with blonde tinges.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
I like her a brunette than blonde, because in melee she looked like a bright light with her pale, "Michael Jackson" skin and bright pink dress. In brawl though, the blonde Zelda is a little more tolerable, although i prefer brunette because of confusion with peach.

PK-ow!, you have described zelda's changes in the best way possible.

seriously, can we change the name is thread to
Blonde or Brunette: Which is Better?

Supersmashbro125

Smash Apprentice
So,most characters change because it would be boring for them to always be the same.who knows?Zelda could have Black hair in the next Legend of Zelda...

STAN3x

Smash Rookie
This, my friends, is because Twilight Princess is a kickass game!
And I agree, she struts her stuff elegantly now =D

Luthien

Smash Ace
*Points to avatar*
l
l
l
l
<-

Zelda was supposed to be blonde in TP, with a slightly red/brownish tone. I heard that something went wrong so it looked brown. Anyway, I fail to see how someone could go by and NOT notice. And suddenly I'm suddenly flashing back to the good old days when we were talking about Zelda's boots....

xNinjaOfChaosx

Smash Rookie
I really don't consider Zelda's black costume goth or emo. It's more of a silver hair color that you only see on anime characters, and the black dress just works at contrasting the hair. But then again, maybe I'm biased because I think she looks sexiest with silver hair. ^_^;

Iris

Smash Ace
Does anyone else think of that chick from Forbidden Kingdom when they see Dark Zelda?

xNinjaOfChaosx

Smash Rookie
I sort of see what you mean, but the woman from The Forbidden Kingdom had that dominitrix appeal to her, what with the whip and all. Black costume Zelda just looks... well, like Zelda with silver hair and a black dress. :dizzy:

Naybewon

Smash Ace
She's been a blonde, a redhead, and a brunette :)

Zelda I -

Zelda II - Adventure of Link

(redhead!)

Zelda: A Link to the Past

Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Zelda: The Wind Waker

Zelda: Twilight Princess

And then we have:
Zelda - Melee Incarnation

Zelda - Brawl Incarnation

And besides, if you like her better blonde, they gave you the option to do it in Brawl anyway :D

kimahri51992

Smash Rookie
Zelda looks better this way. I didn't really pay attention to the change until i saw the original design for one of her costumes, and then i was like "What the- how did i ever like her blonde?!" Brunette just makes her seem more adult i guess, i don't know how to describe it...

Top Bottom