• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

anybody else like me?

guy_in_oakland

Smash Cadet
I bought SSBB at the midnight release went home played SSE mode.hated it and have never bothered completing it since,anyone else do the same or still didn't bother with his mode?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I really only did it to get half of the cast in one swipe.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I played through the whole thing for the sake of playing through the whole thing.

Great Maze was a *****.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
i HEARD it sucked but i played after i got all my chraters i like geting them the old fashion way. i only did it because i wanted to see for my sself

•Col•

Smash Champion
Got the game midnight release with my friend. We played Co-Op for a few hours. I go home the next day, and he finished it without me. Instead of playing SSE, I just played matches to unlock all the characters. Just like 2 weeks ago I decided to play through the SSE, and beat it over the weekend. It sucks. -.-

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
No. I bought it at midnight release, and my friend called to not play SSE yet so we could go through it at the same time. So I waited to later find out he already beat it with another friend of his.

Anyways, I've only played it through untill I beat it on Intense. I don't think I'll ever touch it again unless it's like 7 years from now.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I seriously had no idea so many people hate the SSE.

I played co-op with my little sister, it was fun. :/
I know some people knew SSE was the fastest way to unlock everything, so they rushed through it, and didnt expect it to be so long. So it got a little tedious for them......

Heck, I even enjoyed getting 100%. What's wrong with you people >:O

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
it was the worst 7 hours of my life.
i played it strictly to get to the cut scenes... lol

Eduardomsc

Smash Rookie
i really enjoyed it.the cutscenes were great,and the whole thing was great as well,IMO.i really can't see why there's so much hate towards it...

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I seriously had no idea so many people hate the SSE.

I played co-op with my little sister, it was fun. :/
I know some people knew SSE was the fastest way to unlock everything, so they rushed through it, and didnt expect it to be so long. So it got a little tedious for them......

Heck, I even enjoyed getting 100%. What's wrong with you people >:O
Exact same thing for me.
It was okay by myself, but I had fun doing it with my little sister.

xarctic_monkeyx

Smash Rookie
it was pretty boring, but i played it for the characters
most of it was me rushing through, but i liked sum of the stages

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Well the I like the part about the ships invading the subspace part and where they gave a cutscence of everyone fighting primds before Mario, Link, Yoshi, Kirby, and Pit came along other than that subspace sucked.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I played through the whole thing for the sake of playing through the whole thing.

Great Maze was a *****.
I'm probably the only one that actually kind of liked the Great Maze.

The only thing I hated out of all the SSE is when I had the choice between Pikachu and Samus in the emissary itself. It was too annoying fightings those Robs.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I......actually......liked it :ohwell:
I beat it 3 times now and working on a 4th run on intense with no stickers >_>

Ange

Smash Lord
Today I actually played some to get new enemy trophies, and to be honest it IS fun, specially if you have successfully gained a new Boss trophy (I still have Ridley/Meta Ridley and Tabuu left to get..). Never played co-op but its probably funnier.
Tho I did enjoy the cutscenes the most, but some characters needed more screentime. <_< But just gotta love that when Marth scratches his head after MK and Ike jump down, lol.

And yeah I havnt played SSE for awhile, I barely remember how it was when I first started/played thru it lol. I still cant find the most secrets I have yet to find. x_x

Corpse

Smash Rookie
I only played it to unlock the characters and test it out , I only go back to it if I'm really bored.

Ange

Smash Lord
I watch that every couple months, just to watch Kirby beat the crap out of the flying city.
Haha yes, gotta love the Dragoon. :D Man I really need to go see that scene again, that massive ship is so incredicle it seriously blows your mind off.
And that powerful beam = priceless.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'm probably the only one that actually kind of liked the Great Maze.

The only thing I hated out of all the SSE is when I had the choice between Pikachu and Samus in the emissary itself. It was too annoying fightings those Robs.
The Great Maze was my favourite part once I figured out how the map worked.
I also kinda liked the level with Fox and Diddy when there are those doors that change the levels layout, because it made me think.

Today I actually played some to get new enemy trophies, and to be honest it IS fun, specially if you have successfully gained a new Boss trophy (I still have Ridley/Meta Ridley and Tabuu left to get..). Never played co-op but its probably funnier.
Tho I did enjoy the cutscenes the most, but some characters needed more screentime. <_<
I've only played it co-op, and it is fun- although the 2nd player can teleport to your location by pressing a button (I know it's - on the remote).
Also, if player 2 dies, you share stock, so if you're playing with a bad player you could find yourself with only one stock. You only get game over if player 1 is dead and doesn't have any lives left, even if player 2 is still alive.
Too many times we've had one stock left, and died at the same time, but the 2nd person came back first, resulting in you having to continue.

Ice Climbers needed more screen time, as they were only in about 2 cutscenes.

Ange

Smash Lord
I've only played it co-op, and it is fun- although the 2nd player can teleport to your location by pressing a button (I know it's - on the remote).
Also, if player 2 dies, you share stock, so if you're playing with a bad player you could find yourself with only one stock. You only get game over if player 1 is dead and doesn't have any lives left, even if player 2 is still alive.
Too many times we've had one stock left, and died at the same time, but the 2nd person came back first, resulting in you having to continue.

Ice Climbers needed more screen time, as they were only in about 2 cutscenes.
Ah, handy. Its somehow always an advantage to be player 1. Tho Ive seen in some video that if player 2 get too much off-screen, they automaticly teleports to player 1. Is it like that too or is it only by button-pressing?

They should have cut some MK screentime to include other peoples. Or make the cutscenes longer, mowaha.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Ah, handy. Its somehow always an advantage to be player 1. Tho Ive seen in some video that if player 2 get too much off-screen, they automaticly teleports to player 1. Is it like that too or is it only by button-pressing?

They should have cut some MK screentime to include other peoples. Or make the cutscenes longer, mowaha.
You have to press a button to teleport to player 1 I think, because the screen doesn't follow them, and they will die if they get too far behind.

The best thing about teleport is that if player 1 dies and you use it, you can't et hurt until player 1 respawns.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
The characters unlocking can be a kind of excuse to play through it but its not half bad. They could fix it up however such as. Well many things. It can get boring but thats not the reason why we buy brawl!

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I played SSE to unlock characters until I realized how incredibly long and tedious it was. I gave up and got the characters the alternate ways. Just two days ago I had a freind over who wanted to join in and help me beat the SSE and I had forgotten, being the genious I am, why I havnt beaten it already. After a grueling hour in that forsaken final maze BS I remembered why I gave up and banned the use of anything relating to the name of that mode in my room. My take on it, bad idea.

Absoltrainer

Smash Rookie
They could have done soo much more with SSE, and I was a little dissapointed. When I first started, I was kinda like "ok this is...interesting" then as the story progressed and around the time the big ship battle happens and when you see ganon and master hand and all that stuff, I was really into it. By the time i got to the great maze and tabuu, I was like "WTF happened to the awsome plot and storyline" and it went to a beating it for the sake if beating it.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
I played it Co-Op .. Thats fun..
But .. yeah alone = Gay and Homo very freaking boring...
Although I liked the Peach and Mr.Game and Watch Entrance it was pure crap .. Nice cutscenes though.
I just did it to unlock all the characters in one day...

Top Bottom