• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any smashers that listen to METAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowayride

Smash Rookie
nevermore, meshuggah, at the gates, in flames, children of bodom, arch enemy, EToS, dark tranquillity, amon amarth, etc.

SilverWyrmling

Smash Rookie
We got any Opeth fans in here? They have some absolutely amazing music...

Some of their new CD actually got leaked out, and its incredible stuff.

Take a listen,

Lotus Eater
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_OZfYx-aoM
Though I feel I've outgrown Opeth, I still enjoy them from time to time. I've been waiting anxiously for their new album.

Thanks for the link. It's really some incredible stuff. From what I've heard so far it's much better than Ghost Reveries. I really can't stand Ghost Reveries.

Dark Anakin

Smash Rookie
I am a guitar teacher. I listen to progressive/hardcore metal. My fave bands are Architects, The Dilliger Escape Plan and Sikth. I also have a prog metal band.

Zoro

Smash Champion
In my smash crew we all have titles like, the phobia, the truest, the ???, the gay one.
My title is the metal one

I like different kinds but primarily i like death and grindcore

As far as bands these are my faves from each sub genre
I added a link to each bands myspace
check em out

Death- Origin,Vital remains, OLD cryptopsy,<- listen to slit your guts
Grind-Birdflesh, general surgery, rotten sound,
Black- Marduk , Crimson moonlight , belphegor(ok its blackened death sue me)
Metal core- OLD Misery signals listen to five years., veil of maya,Born of osiris
Death core- impending doom , Black dahlia murder, Burning skies
Folk- ensiferum, korpiklaani, finsterforst
power - gamma ray, galneryus, blind guardian
thrash- testament, the scourger , defleshed

and yes all it is is screaming and distorted guitars but it sounds **** good to me lol

maltrix

Smash Rookie
I love metal here are some bands i didn't see listed. They're off the top of my head so no genre origination sorry for you (I only listen to black metal cause power metal is too whimpy guys out there)

Wolf is a very under appreciated power metal band

Gwar is the weirdest **** you'll ever see on stage! might not technically be metal but w/e close enough.

NORTHER one of my absolute favorite bands never get tired of these guys.

Kalmah is some of the most unique metal I've ever heard they're anything but typical

Soilwork i saw some in flames here so i am sure at least some people know this band. Not sure why they are compared i don't think they sound alike at all. Still Bjorn(the vocals) has amazing range in his voice.

Iron Savior I not gona link any blind guardian (favorite band of all time) but i will link they're "brother" bands..least in my opinion.

Gamma Ray and the second not sure if they were listed but whatever. Kai Hansen is the nicest man in the universe btw

Ensiferum!
I can't believe i saw so many Wintersun but no Ensiferum the best viking/folk polka **** ever!

Sonata Arctica one of the first fiddish bands i ever got into. Ive played the **** out of these guys but they're music is still strong deep and rockin.

Type O Negative speaking of deep how about Slow Deep and Hard? least thats what these guys pride their music on. Awesome band but i am not a cult follower like alot of people i know.

Sanctity ...Sanctity is metal. enough said

Smash Journeyman
I listen to "real" metal. Despised Icon, Sikth, Beneathe the Massacre, Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
A bit of this and that. Mostly old stuff. Apparently Avenged Sevenfold is metal. If this is what metal has become then I'm not that into it.

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
Amon Amarth is my fav (no ****, right?)

Death
Decapitated
Cannibal Corpse
Suffocation
Heaven Shall Burn
All That Remains
Misery Index
The Black Dahlia Murder
Hatesphere
Darkest Hour
Slayer
Testament
Trivium
The Absence
At The Gates
Nightrage
Hate Eternal
Mayhem
Dimmu Borgir
Emperor
Immortal
Shadows Fall
Moonspell

My favorite genres have to be Brutal Death Metal, Melodic Death, and Black Metal. Can't forget thrash and industrial.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
**** yeah,

Slipknot, Darkest Hour, As I lay Dying, Children of Bodom, Slayer, Mushroomhead.

Snizz

Smash Rookie
I listen to metal and I'm the lead singer of a deathcore band.
Any BMTH or Suicide Silence fans?

Snizz

Smash Rookie
?? metalcore is real metal?
Yes it is, I think all forms of metal are "real metal". Metalcore is just more technical and heavier. Certain people will tell you that the only metal you can call real is all that 80's stuff but that's a load of crap, they're just sissy old school fans that can't adapt to new age metal.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I really enjoy Rap metal(Faith No More being one of my favorite bands ever)
I like a lot of Older metal bands, Sabbath, Led Zep...I can't say I'm a huge Maiden fan just because I haven't listened to them all that much.
Some Newer Bands I like:
Hollywood Undead
Disturbed
Slipknot
And some 80's/90's bands:
AiC
Metallica
QotSA
RATM
SOAD
and I would even count Nirvana as a sort of metal band, because they where influenced so heavily by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom