• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any smashers that listen to METAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
I take it you're about 14-ish? I've heard a lot of metal. A LOT. I live with someone who listens to nothing but Iron Maiden and Ozzy. I'll tell ya what I hear. Electric guitars and screaming.
that's kinda mean of you, assuming a person's age because theyre tryin to explain music to you. We're tryin to open your eyes dude, to the wonderful world of metal. Keep em closed if you want, but you're the one who posted in here, not the other way around; no need to insult.:)

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
that's kinda mean of you, assuming a person's age because theyre tryin to explain music to you. We're tryin to open your eyes dude, to the wonderful world of metal. Keep em closed if you want, but you're the one who posted in here, not the other way around; no need to insult.:)
I'm 16, by the way. I wasn't insulting him, I was just guessing based on the fact that metal's key demograhic is usually white teenage males. And you don't need to "open my eyes" to metal, because they're already open to it, and I just plain don't like it.

marioxmaiden

Smash Cadet
IWontGetOverTheDam ...... ok i understand but what do you listen to...

o btw the "white teenage males" are usually the rap audience

Symphony X

Smash Lord
I'm 16, by the way. I wasn't insulting him, I was just guessing based on the fact that metal's key demograhic is usually white teenage males. And you don't need to "open my eyes" to metal, because they're already open to it, and I just plain don't like it.
You're entitled to your opinion. I had a friend who switched from metal to acoustic alternative. How does that work?

Metal's main demographic is white teenage males? Hmm. Makes sense I guess. Although at most of the concerts I attend are made up of mostly people in their 20's.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
IWontGetOverTheDam ...... ok i understand but what do you listen to
Let's see...

The Beatles- There is little to no modern music that doesn't take influence from the Beatles
Blur- The band that defined Brit Pop
The Clash- The band that started the punk revolution in London
The Good, The Bad and the Queen- New, but surprisingly good
DANGERDOOM- MF Doom and Danger Mouse collaboration that's some of the funniest and best rap I've ever heard
Gary Jules- Good indie stuff
Gorillaz- My first music experience, and more from the genius that is Damon Albarn
Kano- More good rap-stuff that departs from the crap that is "Gangsta Rap"
The Ramones- The closest thing to "Metal" I listen to, I guess
They Might Be Giants- Some more good indie stuff
Weird Al- For the Lulz

(By the way, this really should be in the Pool Room rather than here)

marioxmaiden

Smash Cadet
IWontGetOverTheDam .... thank god i thought you listen to 50 cent o yeah i agree that Gangsta Rap is
Gangsta crap IMO

Symphony X

Smash Lord
The Ramones- The closest thing to "Metal" I listen to, I guess
They Might Be Giants- Some more good indie stuff
The Ramones are so far from metal. I myself don't even consider them punk really. You're really against heavy stuff, eh?

By the way, I love They Might Be Giants. "The sun is a mass of incandescent gas, a gigantic nuclear furnace..."

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
IWontGetOverTheDam .... thank god i thought you listen to 50 cent o yeah i agree that Gangsta Rap is
Gangsta crap IMO
Agreed, I really dislike rap. I realize there actually is a significant number of peeps that like it however. Some of my friends like the "underground" rap, which they claim is 100% better than the mainsream, like 50 cents. I for one really can't tell the difference; it's all a bunch of guys talking into microphones bout their money/hoes/weed/police/whiteman problems.

And the swearing gets on my nerves, too.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
I love metal all of it Metallica,Iron Maiden,Lamb of God, Drag. Force, and much more i dont feel like naming i love metal music

err

Smash Journeyman
sweet thread!

my first metal song was Dragonheart - Valley of the Dam.ned

wot? yeah, back in 2002 they were called Dragonheart, my lads. and those demo tapes were more powerful than the studio album, i tell ya.

so then.. someone recommended Iced Earth to me, I bought Alive in Athens (great ****ing live album) then Horror Show then all the others. btw Matt Barlow came back to the band and they are gonna tear $hit up this year!

Opeth are amazing, so is the 70s prog rock group Camel (they inspire most of Opeth's emotive solos)

oh and this is for the dilligent: the best BESTbest BEST possible song to set a Melee combo video to is the track "Free" by a band called 'osi'. their stuff is on iTunes but you HAVE to get the Kevin Moore Remix (the ten minute one from the "Re: Free" album) .. i can soo envision isai's falcon ****** to that track. warning: its not metal

But we've noticed among my friends and I that metal just doesn't fit brawl as well as it did melee. back then you could move at the speed of light, and the metal helped speed things along. Now we listen to slower metal or some good stoner music. Opeth still works, but Dragonforce and Iced Earth are too fast now.

Of course I left out a lot of bands but IronMaiden, JudasPriest (esp. diamonds and rust), Demons&Wizards, BlindGuardian, Sonata Arctica ("BLACK SHEEEP!" gotta see that live)

okay.im out. ill talk music ANYTIME though so lets keep this going.

my two favorite bands right now are Porcupine Tree and Nosound.

if you like Gilmour's guitars from Pink Floyd, you'll appreciate Nosound. because....

Nosound are amazing. please check them out or else you really will be missing out on the next big unheard of thing. buy the track "Sol29" on iTunes or I''ll buy it for you :chuckle:

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
My friend recommended early In Flames to me. The guitar is very good, but the singing kinda turns me off. If you guys don't mind some heavier vocals, I'd suggest giving them a listen. For people like me, "Wayfaerer" is an In Flames instrumental. Very good. :)

lycrof

Smash Apprentice
My friend recommended early In Flames to me. The guitar is very good, but the singing kinda turns me off. If you guys don't mind some heavier vocals, I'd suggest giving them a listen. For people like me, "Wayfaerer" is an In Flames instrumental. Very good. :)
In Flames has some pretty tame vocals. They do put on a good live show however.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
not sure where to put this but.....

any smashers that listen to METAL here

(glam dose not count)
UP THE ****ING IRONS!

And what about early Pantera, does that not count? Powermetal was a good album.

I pretty much listen to it all

Progressive Metal, Alternative Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal, Power Metal, Speed Metal, Thrash Metal, Post-Thrash, Melodic Death Metal, Pirate Metal, Volk Metal, New Wave Of British Heavy Metal, Classic Metal and I'm sure there are more that I missed and combinations of all those genres plus a lot of prefixes.

I listen to everything from Alice In Chains to White Zombie.

I've got a ****load of metal that I need to sort through, tag and organize.

The last concert I went to was 3 Inches of Blood & The Black Dahlia Murder. It was at a small venue, but the moshing was great. It was also a steal $15.

I really want to see Maiden this summer and of course Ozzfest. It isn't quite Wacken, but there is no international travel required for Ozzfest.

Also, if you like smash and you like metal then I suggest you check out Stemage who does some awesome metroid music only it is METAL. Another artist I really like would be Gore******* (I'm guessing that last word is censored, think illegitimate child) on newgrounds who is an F-Zero fan and does a few covers from F-Zero and some other video game stuff. Devil's Forest doesn't even need a cover to pretty much be metal though.

Favorite metal band would have to be Iron Maiden.

I don't like Slipknot or Korn or anything close to them. I don't care how fast Joey Jordison can play the drums, I'd take Brann Dailor over him any day of the week.

I'm also a bit tired of Dragonforce fanboys. I also don't like the elitist metalheads that go on how Dethklok is a complete farce. For one thing Gene Hoglan is a beast on the drums and I doubt any of them would bad mouth Death. Brendon Small is very talented(Being able to do voices on Home Movies and then also be Nathan Explosion). He graduated from Berklee College of Music and is a good musician and comedian. Then for their live shows they have got some guitarist that played with Frank Zappa. It is definitely solid melodic death metal, but it also humorous at the same time.

thecarnitarian

Smash Rookie
Anaal Nathrakh, Arch Enemy, Arsis, Baroness, Between the Buried and Me, Celtic Frost, Children of Bodom, Death, Despised Icon, Dethklok (they tour, that makes them a real band), Exodus, Falkenbach, Gorgoroth, Naglfar, Necrophagist, Opeth, Skeletonwitch (my personal favorite), Strapping Young Lad, and Vreid are all metal bands that I enjoy listening to. They should all have stuff on myspace/youtube so look them up on those places if you want to hear some great metal.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
I'm also a bit tired of Dragonforce fanboys.
I'd have to agree. I'm not tired of the fanboys so much as all the people who played GHIII and are suddenly HUGE DForce fans from having listened to Through the Fire and Flames a couple times.

Here's to all the DF fans that listened to them before they gained lots of -listen to one song and suddenly become die-hard fans- from Guitar Hero.

[Edit]

Oops. Sorry Aaryk.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
screamo rhymes with emo

and there is very little that is relating to hardcore that I like. There is a local band called Zeke though... they are probably closer to motorhead then hardcore though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom