• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Smashers in Cambridge?!

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Going to the UK this summer (hopefully)

Is this the new UK thread? LOL

Hey guys, how are you doing? About 7 months ago I decided that I'd some day go on a road trip through Europe.

I figured I should do it during summer break in one of the coming years to make sure I won't have to worry about working and stuff.
With that said, I started saving basically all the money I made, and as of today it seems very likely that I'll be able to buy an interrail pass and travel across the continent in mid/late June.

Staying alone at hotels in different cities would definitely be too boring for the trip to be worth it. Therefore, I mean to ask you guys if you could help me out and house me as I go.
Meeting new and old friends and playing smash along the way while seeing new places would simply be too good!
While I really want to go on this trip, nothing's decided yet as I'll wait and see how people respond. If it works out I plan to start travelling around 15-17 June, either going south through Denmark and then visiting Germany -> Netherlands/Austria -> France -> Italy/Spain, etc, finishing with taking the plane from wherever I am to Norway and Melee Grande.
Therefore, the trip would span from mid June to ~13 July. The travel plan is very flexible and can definitely be modified without a problem if need be.

This is VERY much inspired by Askelink's trip back in February, which I've heard turned out to be very successful.
He's been helping me out with planning like the champ he is. =)

I've been looking forward to this for a very long time and I miss lots of the awesome smashers I've met in the years I've played this game now, and for that reason I really hope this can work out! =)

- Rocky/Nick R

Notes:
- I am no parasite. Unless you would for some reason decline it, I WILL pay you in cash for housing me before leaving. It's the least I can do besides showing my gratitude.
I will also not stay for more than a few days at a place as I know that housing people can be quite taxing.
- I'm eager to experience a lot of stuff this summer, so don't hesitate to suggest that I do something or visit some place. If any of you play basketball, I'm MORE than down to play, love that sport.

L-J

Smash Ace
Lol that was my reaction also. Let's say 9 onwards I need to work till then. Jack could you text Chris on the offchance he fancies a break from his mad medic revision?

AKA

Smash Rookie
Yo, i'm a smasher new to the melee scene in Cambridge. it would be awesome to play sometime

Al

L-J

Smash Ace
@George: we're still playing, usually in the evenings as that's when ppl have finished revision for the day.

@Al: sup! nice to see another melee player in Cambridge lol. I dunno when we'll next be playing but probably some evening in the next 3/4 days.

@Jack, Hugo, Chris: when is a good evening for you guys soonish?

Top Bottom