• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Smashers in Cambridge?!

L-J

Smash Ace
damn i missed this - i had a spare controller as well :/

i'm now going home tomorrow so it looks like next term now.

george i may be up for some of that period, i'll post on here if i am.

DarkPhoenix87

Smash Apprentice
I live near Cambridge, and I have a pretty flexible work schedule. I'm sure my wife would like to see me out of the house too.

Can someone bring me up to speed on how the Cambridge community looks? About how many "regulars" are there? Or is it just one-on-ones and not many gatherings? I would like to dip my feet into the water by meeting with a few people rather than just one, takes some of the pressure and nervousness out of the equation.

gm jack

Smash Lord
During the uni term time, there are now 4/5 melee players in cambridge. However, it is quite rare for us all to be playing together. Unfortunately, next term is exams, so we won't be free often for quite a while, but after everyone finishes, I'm sure everyone will be up for a few games sometime.

@Jolteon.

Apparently, the exams coming up are important (especially for the others), and people want to do work instead of playing smash. We might be able to sort something after our exams, but we'll see how that goes.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Sorry, it's a bit far from Cambridge (I'd be back at uni by then) and I don't travel much for smash anymore :(
Definitely want to see you sometime though, if you ever come up for one of the London events I'll try and be there

L-J

Smash Ace
I'm still in college but a different room - E6 in Old Court. To get there go into college through the visitor's entrance (on the side road 'Queens' Lane', just off Silver Street), turn immediately right and you'll see E staircase on your right. I'm at the top on the right.

L-J

Smash Ace
I already said to Jack (he's in the same boat) that basically I'm free almost every evening until exams get very close (working all through the day and stopping at 8/9pm). So if anyone wants to play any evening chances are I will be free and Jack too. Post on here as per. Also I'm downloading Project M's 2nd demo version (apparently it's good) if anyone fancies trying that out.

L-J

Smash Ace
I just played it - the brawl characters kinda seem to suck compared to the Melee ones but that's almost certainly cus I don't know what I'm doing with them. Only sucky thing is it's in black and white on my TV (there's no PAL version available and my Brawl is luckily NTSC lol). Tonight is good?

gm jack

Smash Lord
Either/or/both for me. Getting to the phase where I am going to be doing very little but revision, and smash will be a good excuse to not revise all evening.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Shall I bring my VGA box? Project M should play on colour on your monitor

EDIT: did you try forcing PAL60 in the GeckoOS options?

L-J

Smash Ace
Didn't know there was force PAL60 option. Just tried it and it's...interesting to say the least. Colours are ****ed up, game is clearly running with slow down. So yeah bring your VGA box lol.

Top Bottom