• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any new thread ideas?

Metatitan

Smash Master
Anything? I mean we could always make threads for landing powerful moves that are hard to land (f smash) and we could always make new threads about mixups and ****. The boards have been way too dead recently, does anyone have any ideas they'd like to see in thread form?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I expect that once you decide on what to make, you'll alter the title and keep stuff in this thread.

Metatitan

Smash Master
:yoshi: I expect that once you decide on what to make, you'll alter the title and keep stuff in this thread.
Probably. I'm also thinking of making a pictures thread (where you can post pictures you made of yoshi OR pictures of yourself OR texture hacks) Any thoughts?

Depster

Smash Champion
Thread on Egg use? Like setups, camping, mindgames, recovery, just anything about the move

D

Deleted member

How about a thread on how to choke in pools and still claim you are good (me, meta).
:)

Or a thread on how amazing jab cancelling is :D

SOVAman

Smash Hero
How about a thread to say we are all special in our very own way. Because we have a little tightly kite community of yoshi mains that never meet up irl. lol

UberMario

Smash Master
How about threads for dash attack chaining or "how do you use egg throw"?

D

Deleted member

How about a thread to say we are all special in our very own way. Because we have a little tightly kite community of yoshi mains that never meet up irl. lol
Bwett, Meta, and Edrees met at genesis :p

Bwett

Smash Ace
What i mean is its pretty straight forward when to use them
Most Yoshi's don't know how or when to use eggs properly, even you. It's not as "straight forward" as you'd like to imagine.

Standing still while throwing eggs typically is a bad thing, unless they are on the ledge or off stage.

You can use eggs to predict movement, to cut off options, and to force an opponent to approach a certain way.

For example, when a snake is falling after using cypher high, you throw an egg vertical with high arc to cut off the option of them using a crossup, then pivot grab or dash grab depending on how close they come to you.

Against Wario, all they do is jump around so you wait til they use their first jump, then predict where they will second jump and peg them with an egg.

Against Marth, if he is on the ground, you will toss eggs short and low to prevent them from running under your egg arch. In the air, because of his bad air mobility and airdodge, you toss eggs straight at him. He either eats it or airdodges, in either case, puts him in a bad situation.

Against all characters, while on the edge, it is extremely easy to bounce the egg on the shield twice.

Against DDD, if you are facing an excessively grabbing DDD, if he is close, tossing an egg vertical with small arc will bait a grab from your lag, but they will take the damage from the egg.

UberMario

Smash Master
What I meant before was does anyone purposely bait an USmash by their opponent as their Yoshi recovers just to UpB again in the nick of time? (Like I do for mindgames)

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Most Yoshi's don't know how or when to use eggs properly, even you. It's not as "straight forward" as you'd like to imagine.
you stall clock on D3 with throwing eggs

seriously bro, don't tell me i don't know when to use eggs

Its straight forward you don't need to make it sound all complicated LOL

Bwett

Smash Ace
you stall clock on D3 with throwing eggs

seriously bro, don't tell me i don't know when to use eggs

Its straight forward you don't need to make it sound all complicated LOL
Egg placement is extremely important. If you don't know how, when, and where to throw your eggs, then you might as well not throw them or you will be punished. If your view of how to throw eggs at D3 and space them properly is to stall the clock, without giving any insight of how they should be thrown, then your view of egg throwing is too simplistic.

I edited my post with examples before I saw your post. Do you really think that those points are meaningless and devoid of value? Do you believe that every egg you throw should be thrown straight at the opponent, directly on their shield? I know you don't believe that. You know there are circumstances where eggs should be tossed shorter or longer in given situations. There are times where eggs should and should not be used, based on how far characters are from you and if they are in the air. Because you know these different situations, and someone asks you about said situations, do you think giving the answer "It's straight forward" is a justified response to a seemingly dependent question on matchup, stages, and style?

Depster

Smash Champion
Yeah, I think it should be about Eggs. Too many setups that people neglect, a lot of people don't zone very well with them, and a lot of people just neglect them for the most part.

bigman40

Smash Master
Step 1. Stop making things as simplistic as possible.
Step 2. Stop being ignorant when it comes to learning things.

....Zuzuzu....

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Egg placement is extremely important. If you don't know how, when, and where to throw your eggs, then you might as well not throw them or you will be punished. If your view of how to throw eggs at D3 and space them properly is to stall the clock, without giving any insight of how they should be thrown, then your view of egg throwing is too simplistic.

I edited my post with examples before I saw your post. Do you really think that those points are meaningless and devoid of value? Do you believe that every egg you throw should be thrown straight at the opponent, directly on their shield? I know you don't believe that. You know there are circumstances where eggs should be tossed shorter or longer in given situations. There are times where eggs should and should not be used, based on how far characters are from you and if they are in the air. Because you know these different situations, and someone asks you about said situations, do you think giving the answer "It's straight forward" is a justified response to a seemingly dependent question on matchup, stages, and style?
omg i am just saying that there is no need for a thread for something that is simple. The way you throw it just depends on the MU its simple seriously. Your making it sound like it take years to master the art of the egg. Yea OBVIOUSLY you don't just throw the eggs at a shield. But its pretty straight forward and doesn't take a lot of explaining. What you edited is great glad you told people that. I typed what i did before you edited it. It sounded like you said I don't know how to throw eggs. Which isn't true.

Depster

Smash Champion
NoU

Anyways, I'm looking for things like what people do for setups and psuedo combos with eggs. Like I jump off the stage, throw an egg straight up, then rising fair to spike or just kill the person. If they get hit by the egg they are dead a lot of the time.

Bwett

Smash Ace
I believe a thread for specific strategies centered around egg placement and spacing, based on matchups and stages, is a great idea. I believe there are small intricacies that many yoshi's don't know, no matter how "simple" they may be. Sure, once you understand, it's a simple idea, but if you don't know, you don't know. I'm positive that many Yoshi's don't know alot of egg setups, frame traps, and other things.

However, lil'b, within your infinite wisdom and mastery of simplification, if you think you can sum up the above paragraph into something that is undeserving of a thread, then by all means, prove me wrong =). I actually would be quite impressed.

.Marik

is a social misfit
We need to revive the Stage Discussion thread, it would really help Yoshi's out in Tournament matches.

Or we could make a new one.

Thanks in advance. :D

ZeroDreams

Smash Rookie
Interesting ideas guys. I cant really contribute a lot because I am new and don't know to much.

I am new to the competitive scene I have only been to one tourney. I live in Md and I played with lilB at my first tourney. All I got to say is I got a lot to learn. Hopefully you guys can help me out too

Top Bottom