• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Ikes repping in FL?

benaji261!

Smash Ace
All I know of are Ryo_Guikido, Geoff(sandtru is his SWF account... even though he uses random he's gots a great Ike and he uses often I think... idk lol), and me. Just curious and hope this isn't taken as a spam thread... cause it's not.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Ryo is FL's only real Ike.
And me, obviously.
And Renth, he just doesn't want us to know it.

DC

Smash Cadet
I wrecked some ****ty Meta Knight with Ike at Yasumicon.

I think his name was SeaBrix or something.

DC

Smash Cadet
As opposed to giving yourself a 10% chance with other characters that are not MK.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
This wasn't supposed to become a tier fight. Chill guys lol.

And Ryo's repped Ike is why he's known. I'm still getting there and will soon. >: )

DC

Smash Cadet
Who the hell cares about repping some **** character if you LOSE EVERY TOURNAMENT?

Sorry Ryo, but **** characters are **** characters because they are **** characters.

Don't worry, I play Noel, I feel all of your pain.

Laijin

Smash Hero
coming from the guy who mains YL in melee hahahahahah
Bro. I learned the hard way.
Thats why I started maining Sheik when I moved to FL.
If only I put the effort I did into YL in any other character(like Fox), then maybe I would be doing a lot better nowadays. haha.

DC. The main different between Noel and Ike in their respective games is that Noel can actually win matches with the proper amount of effort even against the high tiers. Ike however, even with all the effort in the world will still get destroyed by high tiers and most characters.

Eternal*Ho-Oh

Smash Rookie
I want to be able to unveil my Ike soon; I'm tired of beating all the kids at my high school with him he isn't even my main lol (my master character is olimar):laugh::laugh::laugh:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
All I know of are Ryo_Guikido, Geoff(sandtru is his SWF account... even though he uses random he's gots a great Ike and he uses often I think... idk lol), and me. Just curious and hope this isn't taken as a spam thread... cause it's not.
Ike's my secondary.

ITT: These guys.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
It's one's choice on whether they face the perils of maining low tiers or not. It's in fact those certain people who help find strengths in them to make them worth maining. Have you seen Ally's use of CF anyway? CF is crap tier and Ally makes him seem good. Things are possible, even when tiers are there. And even if low tier people don't win tourneys, MMs exist for a reason. :p

All in all a game is a game. Stop busting people's balls with tier logic. It won't work.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I know all about low tiers. Ask anyone here, I mained Young Link for like 5 years because he is FUN. I really honestly tried to make him work, but **** man...its impossible. If you really are 100% okay with rarely/never placing in a tournament then its okay main a low tier. Thats all I'm asking man...are you okay with that? Whenever I see someone maining a low tier I gotta ask them, cause I know their pain..

But I do gotta say, ever since I picked up Sheik I have been doing SO much better in tournaments. Match ups are generally easier overall and I can finally do stuff. The life of a high tier is just as fun tbh.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I like making money.

I'll never main anyone below mid tier (and mid is just bordering it, I'm going to need a secondary if I main a mid).

Laijin

Smash Hero
Thats my point.
Everyone likes making money. Some people don't make money because they are not very good at the game. Which is cool and all if those people are playing a high tier because they will eventually get better(hopefully). Others will never have that "eventually" thing happen to them because well..their playing a low tier. So while the high tier players are getting better, the low tier players will always place the same because of their choice in character.
Really though, this only really hits brawl the hardest. Other fighting games(Tekken, Guilty Gear)are not that extreme, but its still pretty tough.

And this is my point.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
If I were to main a high tier it would be Lucario, but since my going to tourneys options are limited, I only have wifail to practice Lucario's MUs with, and most of my time is spent with Ike.

DC

Smash Cadet
You can't win tournies with stupid ****ing characters.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
**** all that **** dude I play ike and I do well in tourney and I don't need anyone telling me he's bad at all.
If you don't want to main him don't. Don't come in here and tell me Ike sucks because it's your own opinion alright I use him and I use him well so stop with this ****. Also if you don't want to use him don't come and here with this **** man because no one asked you "Hey how bad is Ike?" it was "Any Ikes repping FL?" so get out if your gunna hate.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
no point for me to be mad NickRiddles got it right I think it's just dumb to say a character sucks when everyone is under MK cause everyone has their strengths.

Top Bottom