• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any GOOD sonic videos?

thx

Smash Ace
seems that every time i see one its either really bad, old, or online which is also bad because those matches lag are there any good sonics that take videos that dont apply with the ones above

a lot of the sonics i have seen on youtube are really bad besides like one or two but their old

so anyone wanna suggest a vid link w.e that would be nice

Umby

Smash Master
Well, there is that Sonic video thread, and that big sticky that leads to the Sonic video thread. You could check either of those.

thx

Smash Ace
Well, there is that Sonic video thread, and that big sticky that leads to the Sonic video thread. You could check either of those.
i did and i didnt see a single one i thought was good

the ones that i thought were okay were like online and i dont really like seeing a pause every few seconds thats why i was hoping someone could show me like a really good sonic that has played recently

Tenki

Smash Hero
and your definition of good is..?

Most of the Sonic videos have some interesting moves that you can try to work into your own game, that is, if you're a Sonic mainer.

Heck, one of the more recent vids I saw of LuCKy had an interesting F-air gimp that used his opponent's DI to send his opponent under the stage, and I think that's pretty awesome.

But if you're going to be searching for THE video that defines the Sonic metagame, you're not gonna find it. Noone's shown a perfected usage of spring as a tool to control spacing, or done THE perfect ASC combo in-game, or super-consistent accuracy, feints, and mindgames- it's still developing.

We all make mistakes in our games, but that's to be expected. >_>

thx

Smash Ace
oh no im looking for something different but useful like i see a whole bunch of sonics using newbie tactics like horrid attempts to spring spike and people who roll and running attack more than every other attack combined lucky and mr 3000 were pretty good sonics (i think 3000 is decent) but those are the only sonics that i see that are even close to mine

if i can try i will try to post up a video of mine and maybe thatll help to find good ones but yeah i guess videos that might have something that other players might have found interesting mindgames stage spike set ups idk something that would leave a person in awe

not taking away from any other sonic player and not saying im better than the player i mentioned above i dont wanna sound like a **** lol =D

thx

Smash Ace
its the internet proper English, misspellings and faulty grammar don't apply being straight up all the sonics ive seen are bad >.> besides lucky's i was hoping someone could prove me wrong

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
its the internet proper English, misspellings and faulty grammar don't apply being straight up all the sonics ive seen are bad >.> besides lucky's i was hoping someone could prove me wrong
Thats a Bit Harsh Dont You Think?

Tenki

Smash Hero
I got near it today... did a 29% ASC combo against a snake, only because i chained into a uair instead of a fair, which would have made it the perfect one :(
buuut did you combo the ASC into the SDR, a spindash jump hit, AND an aerial?

it's not the perfect combo if you don't get the SDR and the SDJ hits in- it still should have broken at least 35, assuming some stale moves, or at least 40 if it wasn't stale >_<

it's too hard D: <-- noobjohns

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I got about 30 Something. I think I skipped one of the hits due to frantic. But I did it for reals, in a match. Thank you for missing that rest Jigglypuff.

:p

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
*scratches head*

Did you see the anthinus vids? In my opinion those are very good, so I can't imagine you slamming them. Honestly, if you ARE that much better than those people, I think you're past the point where you need to look at videos or get advice from anyone.

thx

Smash Ace
*scratches head*

Did you see the anthinus vids? In my opinion those are very good, so I can't imagine you slamming them. Honestly, if you ARE that much better than those people, I think you're past the point where you need to look at videos or get advice from anyone.

your right on that one his videos were pretty good hes got a good sonic and i was heading to a tourny soon so i figure i would check if there were any beast sonics that i could watch gezz >.> okay well guess ive seen everything iim gonna try to somehow (idk how im gonna do this) put a video of my sonic up sometime soon

Umby

Smash Master
I don't care AS much about grammar and misspellings, but ffs I'd like to know when your sentences end and begin so I don't have to go back and reread shit.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
your right on that one his videos were pretty good hes got a good sonic and i was heading to a tourny soon so i figure i would check if there were any beast sonics that i could watch gezz >.> okay well guess ive seen everything iim gonna try to somehow (idk how im gonna do this) put a video of my sonic up sometime soon
Putting up a video would be best, that's how I got my Sonic known. My last vids were from HAB-Fest it's been a minute since I got some new ones.

Hope to see some good things and please don't dissapoint, not after those previous post.

Tenshi-kun

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-5951-1874
Anaki, or was it Aneki? vs WurKe was a good one. It was a Sonic vs a Kirby. Wasn't too bad, but you seem critical of Sonic vids, so you may've marked it as bad already. :x

I love Sonic to death, but I'm a noob with him, so I'm doing all I can to get better with him, vids included.

NNID
MasterHavik
That's the second thread you've done this in. So why even post? That desperate for a post count?
Here a simple response:

Don't response to my psot for your stupid statements, ok? And no, it not a desperate try for post count. So, in the end shut your mouth when responsing to posts.

Umby

Smash Master
I'm not sure, it might be me. I mean, since age twelve I've felt like I'm someone else because I hung my original self from the top bunk with a belt.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Tenshi, watch out who you're responsing to.
You could get banned for bad mouthing the KASR.

EDIT: I'm referring to him as "the KASR" from now on. (reference to the word kaiser)

Browny

Smash Hater
buuut did you combo the ASC into the SDR, a spindash jump hit, AND an aerial?

it's not the perfect combo if you don't get the SDR and the SDJ hits in- it still should have broken at least 35, assuming some stale moves, or at least 40 if it wasn't stale >_<

it's too hard D: <-- noobjohns
I did it properly in training mode just then... took about 100 tries but i got the 9 hit 39% combo. was tempted to take a photo of it :p

didnt get it again in another 20 minutes of trying lol

thx

Smash Ace
thx your an idiot. Can we close this?

O wait... NO MOD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
quit i havent even posted in this ******** thread because i already know its pointless you guys think im ******** for making this thread then prove me wrong and show me a beast sonic if not shut up and dont say crap

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
quit i havent even posted in this ******** thread because i already know its pointless you guys think im ******** for making this thread then prove me wrong and show me a beast sonic if not shut up and dont say crap
Prove you wrong how? You've shown no evidence that you're any better than the Sonics that we've been showing you. I rather think the burden of proof is on you seeing as you have not posted a video or been vouched for by anyone.

People are only flaming you because you talked smack first. People tried to show you vids of good Sonics, and you repaid their efforts by deriding what you saw.

thx

Smash Ace
i said are there any good sonic videos and the ones people have mentioned i have already seen so i wanted to leave it at that im saying most sonic videos i have seen tho are bad people got really offended which is natural but to say im an idiot is a little uncalled for sorry for having an opinion unlike others i really dont care about this thread anymore to be honest since i came off a little harsh it turned into a complete thread of nothing so i would like for this to be the last post on this topic once i am able to show my sonic i will till then no more talk on this subject

NNID
MasterHavik
When you state your opnion around people get a nattitude about it thx. You can't come in here saying who good or bad with Sonic. My advice is that you should have had your video and up and ready before stating you opnion.

Top Bottom