• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Good Sonic Brawlers?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Okay. Thanks then.
Dear god, DON'T LISTEN TO CATINTEHHATZ! Only if you want to die! DO NOT PM MEMPHIS!

There's nothing wrong with new Sonic mains, just the ones who post nothing intelligent, ask questions that have been answered a million times before when the info is in front of them, and ones who think they are "teh best evars." Not that you fit this, but you did kinda come off as cocky and as "teh best evars." Okay, maybe you do kinda fit the description.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
What serious reason do you have for kicking this bloke out though?

If we had been polite from the start, we'd probably have had a largely better time in dealing with rocker, and this thread would have already been settled by now. But because of several ego's and (I think) the gravitational pull of peer pressure and the desire to post anything and everything, he got flamed, and doesn't feel positive about these boards at all. Is that really what you wanted from these boards, a little club where only members who can flame n00bs effectively are accepted. Sure we talk about Sonic from time to time, but ushering new people to the main is important too. And we wonder why Sonic's metagame doesn't ever really progress, probably because it's the same people over and over playing him. We need get over ourselves and take that extra effort and instead of saying:

If you're looking for help, go to another character board. You won't find help here. Well you can try PM'ing "memphischains" and see what he says.
We could say constructive things, like clamly pointing them into the direction of the stickies and then reporting the thread. Instead of everyone flaming it in successive order.

To be honest, I am starting to respect the new guys more than the guys who flame them. I know which I would prefer in a board.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We sometimes do tell them to read the stickies...of course this is before/during/after the barrage of Spam/Steak/Friends only/etc.

Although this probably wouldn't happen if we could get our own freaking Mod, or at least ones that actually will check the Sonic boards.

Boxob

Smash Champion
We sometimes do tell them to read the stickies...of course this is before/during/after the barrage of Spam/Steak/Friends only/etc.

Although this probably wouldn't happen if we could get our own freaking Mod, or at least ones that actually will check the Sonic boards.
I nominate me.

I'm on ALL DAY.

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ah, you got to chill out, Sonic is cool like that Green.

(but seriously, a little order doesn't hurt...not too much though.)

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Alright, lets start on a new leaf. Welcome to the Soinc boards. Since you've lurked you should know how we're like. It would help us greatly if you followed this:

Welcome, be sure to read ALL the stickies before you post.
Welcome, be sure to read ALL the stickies before you post.

Also...http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200357

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199510

VISIT THE LINKS!

Ahem.
Also,

After spending some time on the Soinc boards you may have to wash your ming of the stupidity that occurs here. Several times. With bleach.
Finally, if you want to fight people, please do so in the wifi thread. Thank you.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I nominate me.

I'm on ALL DAY.

:093:

Maybe not Boxob, but I think someone like Memphis, Umby, or Tenki would do a good job. Not like we're gonna get one of us to be a mod anyway, that's all we ever talk about is getting one of us to mod dis place >_<

thecatinthehat

Smash Master

Maybe not Boxob, but I think someone like Memphis, Umby, or Tenki would do a good job. Not like we're gonna get one of us to be a mod anyway, that's all we ever talk about is getting one of us to mod dis place >_<
lol wut?

Memphis would be a terrible mod. Umby not as bad, but still not good enough.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Lol cat, you remember way back in the dayw hen we all like nominated memphis to be a mod? Then he went insane. XD.

Oh a mod is just a shortening for "Moderator" basically, they ensure that order is kept on the boards and enforce rules and whatnot.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I could be a moderator. Although I don't post anything too intelectual often, how hard can it be to check the boards daily (which I do now anyway), close down unecessary threads, redirect people to actual smart/already posted posts/threads like the Stickies and whatever else deserves it, and hand out warnings to people (not infractions, I don't want to do that)?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Okay, thanks. Sorry if I sound stupid but what, exactly is a mod?
A moderator. Basically someone who closes down pointless threads and tries to keep order

@Cat- I'unno man, Memphis really lays down the law.

Top Bottom