• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any female Marthers out there?

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Yea, I already know there are people spouting random stuff on the net. I probably am overreacting a little bit but trust me, I'm not mad. Stupid things are the only things that set me off but stupidness on the net I'm used to. Btw, when i beat people with Marth I say the same thing.:)

Mizar

Smash Ace
Lol, smashboards turned into a dating site :p
J/k, only I do think its kinda weird making a topic like this one.

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
This thread almost made me die from laughter. I'm a girl that mains Marth. I did the same in Melee. I already have a boyfriend. He mains Bowser. And guess what! He did the same in Melee.
So therefore, I am already in a 'smash relationship' lol.
Marth, Metaknight and Wolf are the guys I use. Use sounds so funny. I think I should leave and play Brawl now.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Scotland? Netherlands? They brawl there? I've just never seen those countries b4 on the boards. A dragon and a dragonslayer seems like a wierd couple to me. In any event, I don't intend to perpetuate a relationship online with some female I've never seen b4. (Any of the females here should think the same when it comes to guys). In retrospect, to deflect the random bashing that has been occuring i should have named the thread "do girls use marth?". Oh well, i guess thats what i get for asking such a question.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Somebody's trying to get e-chicks for real...but you know she's gonna be uggz right? Oh well don't blame me when you spend over 5 hours talking to a chick then when you finally get her pic you feel like you wasted your time..don't blame me...

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
i think girls are the same as boys in videogames its just that its not too popular with them and so people think they are not as good but it seems that the amount of girls in videogames is increasing a lot
im not shur but it think i heard that 30% of people playing wii are girls:) lets try and make it 50%
Exile724: that was my first reaction lol

Listerine

Smash Apprentice
Well, I remember in Melee, I actually though Marth was female ( LMFAO ), so he was my 2nd main, which was passed onto Brawl. Finding out that he's male didn't make any difference tho.

BTW, take note even if I'm a girl, I play Ness, Lucas, Ike and Falco.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
O...M...G....

GIRLS PLAY SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL!?!?

GIRLS PLAY VIDEO GAMES!?!?!?!?

GIRLS PLAY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?1

GIRLS!?!?!?!?!?!?

No but seriously I was in a tournament at NJIT like a week ago and a girl (only girl there and i have to say she was pretty **** hot!!) said that she mained kirby. I didn't see her play because i lost first round because of a stupid mistake i made, so i basically left in a rampage....

I wouldn't be surprised if girls played brawl, heck I wouldn't be surprised if everyone played brawl, since it's such a sweet game.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Now that i think about it, my worst fear is probably having to fight a really hot chick at the final round of a brawl tournament. Its just not fair! Lol, just kidding. But really, i encourage all the girls out there to break the stereotype and kick the (random explitive) out of the guys that think they can't.

deusofhearts

Smash Rookie
It's been a few days since my post.. where are the ladies at :( I got no response. My offer still stands ladies

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Wait a minute>.<. You are using MY thread to pick up chix?!?! Wow, this is just......no comment. I'm glad that i am getting responses but I wonder if this is just gonna become a dating service. If it does, I'm charging you deusofhearts.

Subach

Smash Apprentice
Subach:
Who the heck R U talking 2????? 1 sided conversations are a sign of insanity just so you know. Quote next time before you reply.

Kneeslash:
I'm just ashamed of you for maining marth and bashing him as a homo in my thread (truly disgracefull).
1. I was replying to the thread, it is a common occurance on a message board. I see plenty of people not quoting other posts, yet you don't get angry at them.
Random and unwarranted acts of anger is a sign of mental sickness too, you know.

2. He wasn't saying Marth was gay, just that he's effeminate, and that is absolutely true.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
1. I was replying to the thread, it is a common occurance on a message board. I see plenty of people not quoting other posts, yet you don't get angry at them.
Random and unwarranted acts of anger is a sign of mental sickness too, you know.

2. He wasn't saying Marth was gay, just that he's effeminate, and that is absolutely true.
Ah, touche senior Subach. Nice comeback. I see you are advanced in the art of of sarcasm (which i can appreciate:laugh:) Sorry, i didn't mean to sound rude. I just didn't understand what your post was saying. As for marth being effiminate, i will let you be entitled to your opinion.

kingofwaddles

Smash Apprentice
im sorry but i really hate these threads, please keep your hormones to yourself.
its not necessary, do i say "any hispanic marth players?" or "any asian marth players?"
"any transsexual marth players?"
do not make threads asking if a certain category of people use marth. it is really offensive, it shows how you think about the world & people who live in it.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
im sorry but i really hate these threads, please keep your hormones to yourself.
its not necessary, do i say "any hispanic marth players?" or "any asian marth players?"
do not make threads asking if a certain category of people use marth. it is really offensive, it shows how you think about the world & people who live in it.
Whoa, WHOA. Calm down h8r. Its not necessary to say "its not necessary, do i say "any hispanic marth players?" or "any asian marth players?"
"any transsexual marth players?"". No one seems offended by my thread (besides you of course), and the only reasosn i posted the thread is because i noticed that there aren't many girls that use marth. I asked myself "Self, why is this," and my Self said "Iono, if we post a thread maybe someone else might have noticed the same thing and can tell us why this is". So i posted this thread. While i appreciate your attempt to seem really insightfull into the way what I post reflects who i am, I'm sad to say that you are incorrect. This post shows nothing about how i "think about the world & people who live in it." It is also amusing how you try to tell me what to do at the end of your post. Lol, like I have to listen to you.:laugh: In any event, I have a few questions for you., Is noticing something a crime? Is asking a question about it a crime also??? Why are you in my thread when you aren't contributing to it? This is just a suggestion ,so take it how you will, waddle your dee back to the Dedede threads where they can worship you as "kingofwaddles". No offense, really.:)

kingofwaddles

Smash Apprentice
you totally failed to address anything i said, instead you wrote a paragraph about how everyone agrees with you.(?) thats because half the people here are dudes, and they just want to talk to girls/play them in smash for the sole reason of them having a ****. really disrespectful on your behalf

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
I totally understand what you are saying kingofwaddles, but until a girl is offended then it isn't a big deal. (If you are a girl then please speak up, I am assuming King means guy.)

kingofwaddles

Smash Apprentice
I totally understand what you are saying kingofwaddles, but until a girl is offended then it isn't a big deal. (If you are a girl then please speak up, I am assuming King means guy.)
lol you fall into the same category as the thread creator, if i were male female or transexual why would i have to "speak up"
what does that matter? thats like saying only jews could speak up about the holocaust even though it effected everyone
at least you arent an Ahole like the other guy though

Tajem

Smash Apprentice
This thread went waaay off topic.

On topic, however: Marth is reeeaally pretty.

Devil7

Smash Journeyman
On the edge of Final Destination waiting to kill y
lol you fall into the same category as the thread creator, if i were male female or transexual why would i have to "speak up"
what does that matter? thats like saying only jews could speak up about the holocaust even though it effected everyone
at least you arent an Ahole like the other guy though
First off It doesn't matter and no females don't have to speak out, he just asking thats all. Don't make a bigger deal of this than it actually is, no has been offeneded. Secondly the holocaust is hardly a fair comparision, this is more like a poll because he is curious. Polls happen all the time and are hardly considered offensive by anyones standards.

On topic to answer your question my smash group consists of six people. Me, my two loser friends, my wife who plays a mean *** Zelda and her two friends, one of which uses marth as a secondary character. Well actually she really doesn't have a main she just uses marth and yoshi a lot.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Lolz. Plenty of females use Marth, he's just Mr. Bishie, the yaoi fangirls love him - and trust me, there's a lot of yaoi fangirls.
Marth is effeminate and looks like a girl; I mean, look at him flipping his hair, his tiara and the fact that I really didn't think Sakurai could make him look any more effeminate but **** I was wrong. He transcends gay, he looks like a girl plain and simple this time.

Anyway

My sister mains Marth, and I'm a MK mainer. :dizzy: No Kirby or Peach here. I just think that girls maining female or cute characters just kind of seems like some sort of duty to our gender, especially when we're limited in numbers among smashers.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I think you may be reading into this a little too much, but even if you aren't, and this was a ploy to meet chicks (which I don't think it was), so what? You have the choice to acknowledge or ignore anything you want on the internet. If the kid wants to know if there are female Marth mainers out there, whatever, let him ask. Doesn't hurt you any, especially since if as you say above, "You hate these threads" ...just look at it, scoff, and walk away.

...it's not even offensive, I mean if he were really lookin for chicks, he'd post in a Regional forum, saying, "Are there any close by females who play Marth? Asking who plays what and where the Asians or Hispanics are isn't racist or offensive...it's curious. It only becomes offensive when you provide a NEGATIVE connotation to one of those groups, and there was nothing AT ALL offensive about his topic. He asked a simple question, and it was more then likely innocent.

D1

Banned via Administration
I'm a female Marth player
LOL You LIE!

I know you XD!

Anyway, I know a girl in my area that actually plays a pretty **** mean Marth, knows all the adv. techs in Melee and Brawl and right now is just overall working on unpredictability and getting more experience in matchups she has no prior knowledge of. She's pretty admirable for her persistent spirit I must say. She even cosplayed Marth at an anime convention pretty well (she's asian : P).

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Wow. This is interesting. The thread actually went back on topic. I do wanna note that I've given up on defending marth from the homo and bishe tirades and unfortuanately can see where they are coming from. (still don't totally agree, but this is terrible for me*sniff*:(). In any event i give props to these people for defending me:

Devil7 ,TKD+ITA+Mar=, Cobra, and D1 and Reyairia in an unorthodox kind of manner.

Kingofwaddles:
Lmao. How can i quote the very words you said and not address them? Of course not EVERYONE agrees with me (u r here arent you?). You should have been nicer to TKD considering that what his post said was agreeing with you somewhat. However, I will apologize to any girls who were offended by this thread (even if there werent any, which is likely). Also i apologize if i offended you kingofwaddles. Oh, i just remembered something else. I'm not an Ahole.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Wow. This is interesting. The thread actually went back on topic. I do wanna note that I've given up on defending marth from the homo and bishe tirades and unfortuanately can see where they are coming from. (still don't totally agree, but this is terrible for me*sniff*:().
Oh dear... :( *PATS BACKLASHMARTH ON THE BACK*

Why is it a bad thing that he's a bishounen, though?

I certainly do NOT like it when people say he's effeminate/girly, but I DO like his bishie good looks! (Personally, I see him as looking exotic and Eurasian rather than effeminate.)

However, I will apologize to any girls who were offended by this thread (even if there werent any, which is likely).
I'm not offended at all! :)

lilaznkitty

Smash Cadet
Sereitei, Soul Society &gt;.&lt; (Danville Cali)
Ima girl and I play as Marth.................I also play as Zelda at the same time since Im naturally good at her(dunno why) Marth does kinda act like a girl cuz when you wait a while and not do anything while playing as Marth, he either puts his hand over his heart like his praying or something.........................OR he pushes his hair back ........which is KINDA feminine like..........

kingofwaddles

Smash Apprentice
I'm not offended at all! :)
she says that because she likes the attention as being a 'female marth player'
most people want some sort of title like that"look im in the minority"
thats why these threads live, because horny little kids ask "any girl players?" like they previously guessed that there are no girl smashers??? of course theres girl players, THATS offensive when you assume there arent.
then foolish girls who like the stereotype of being 'rare' or 'unique' feed the topic..like many have done already...you guys cant just have a respectful conversation, you have to kiss each others ***** because you dont get enough respect in reality.

WHAT will happen when you find out males dont dominate marth and there are female smashers? what? then you make a conversation with them?
this thread serves no purpose but to talk to female marth players, nothing at all is accomplished once you acknowledge your sexist views on players.

where are the sensible smashers? i guess they dont bother with these topics either.

(Btw this was never offtopic, to people saying "good thing we're on topic again")

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
she says that because she likes the attention as being a 'female marth player'
most people want some sort of title like that"look im in the minority"
thats why these threads live, because horny little kids ask "any girl players?" like they previously guessed that there are no girl smashers??? of course theres girl players, THATS offensive when you assume there arent.
then foolish girls who like the stereotype of being 'rare' or 'unique' feed the topic..like many have done already...you guys cant just have a respectful conversation, you have to kiss each others ***** because you dont get enough respect in reality.

WHAT will happen when you find out males dont dominate marth and there are female smashers? what? then you make a conversation with them?
this thread serves no purpose but to talk to female marth players, nothing at all is accomplished once you acknowledge your sexist views on players.

where are the sensible smashers? i guess they dont bother with these topics either.

(Btw this was never offtopic, to people saying "good thing we're on topic again")
Lol. You are funny when you are on a tirade.:laugh: Do you hate this thread that much? I apologized already, what more do you want? Do you want my firstborn child? My self-respect? My dignity? Also, It was kinda mean of you to assume that those who don't have a problem with my thread just wanna give themselves the an illusion of uniqueness (and you say i am sexist):dizzy:. Like I've said of course i know there are girls who use marth, i just didn't understand why it wasn't more common. (i feel like a broken record) I happen to be 18 (ergo, i am not a boy trying to pick up chicks online) and even if you are older than me, you sure don't seem to be acting like it. How much people respect me doesn't really matter since i usually give respect to everyone even if they don't deserve it (even you). As a matter of fact, I get plenty of respect in real life and at the same time I thank those who give me the same online (oh, and tecnically the internet is a part of reality, sorry to burst your bubble:() Only you could tie in sexism and a videogame. As for the first question in the second paragraph, uuuuhhh... i kinda sorta already knew that females used marth (no reason they can't). As much as it will pain you to read this, I am not a sexist and i give all females the upmost respect. (chivalry is my middle name)

I wanna take a step back and thank you for helping keep this thread going and I enjoy arguing with you. (5 pages and counting foo!!!) Btw, being a minority is awesome!!!! You should try it sometime. It grows on you.:laugh:

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
With all due respect KingofWaddles, what are you hoping to gain? Well, I suppose where there are threads there are arguments. At this point, I think it would be wisest to agree to disagree.

kingofwaddles

Smash Apprentice
i think it would be wise if the thread creator gets a little respect and stops calling me a fool, i dont care if this thread has 100 pages and is stickied. that doesnt make anything right...heres the magic phrase,
IN MY OPINION, dont call me a ****ing fool when i think the same about you, but have enough respect not to say anything.
did you get what you wanted? theres a few female smashers who spoke up, are you happy now?
that IS what you wished for in this thread, and there you have it.
what did we get out of that... i cant imagine.

Top Bottom