• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anti-Excited

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Link to original post: [drupal=1229]Anti-Excited[/drupal]

lol... this phailed

So, I turn 21 in a few hours. And you know what? I’m not quite as excited as most people get during the hours before they hit 21.

*gasp*

Whut? How can I not be excited?

I dunno. Maybe its because on the day itself, I won’t actually be doing anything... It’ll just be another simple day at home, probably eat a cake, and go on with life as usual.

But I already prepared for that. I already took over the entire monf, calling it Mark’s March. I’ve got activities planned, so that can’t be it. It must be something internal... something deep... yeah, that’s exactly what it is.

You see, turning 21 is supposed to represent some kind of growth, some kind of right of passage in the world where you are able to do whatever you want (within the limits of your responsibilities and the law, of course). But, at the shadows of the age, I don’t feel any different than when I was, say, turning 19 or 20. And this is bothering me. A lot.

Sure, I’m older, I’m wiser, I’m smarter, I’m sexier, I have more life experience, yada yada yada. But at the end of it all, I feel as though I have accomplished nothing. This is my problem, and this is what worries me, what has me nervous...

Like, I have no job, never had a job as a matter of fact, and apparently no one wants to hire me. I’m not in school due to the technical difficulties of transferring. It’ll be my 3rd school since 2006. Thus, I’m at home, doing... you guessed it, nothing. Well, I have chores and ****, and I get the duty of watching my little brother when he comes home from school, but yeah. All in all, I feel stuck. And this is what bothers me. A lot.

So like, I’m turning 21, and I get this feeling that I should be way farther ahead in life than I am, but I’m not. I know what I want to do in life, but I don’t seem to be making any progress towards achieving my goals. And it saddens me to think that I’m wasting my time or even that I won’t achieve my goals and **** like that because I don’t feel like I’m doing anything or that I even deserve anything...

I dunno. Maybe I’m just being too hard on myself. Maybe I’ve just lost sight of what matters. Maybe I need to remember that I am still young and I still have time to do what I need and want to do...

But what about that whole, “Life is short,” clause? What if I make an untimely exit? See, my thought process is just going from bad to worse now....

I’m just depressed. Don’t mind me. :-(

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The best birthday is your 10th birthday. They all suck after that.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I am 17 and haven't had a B-day party with friends since seven-eight or nine years ago, mainly cause the friends I used to have, at all, are back where I used to live.

I am feeling homesick for a home we no longer rent. How funny.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
There's not much difference between you and I.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I completely agree... I'm a year behind, but your situation seems similar to mine...

Bandit_Kieth

Smash Apprentice
my birthdays are just plain "happy birthday son, here's your money" and then i go about life like i normally do, same with every single celebration throughout the year, just get money and do normal things..

kind of saddens me, my family (dad, brother and uncle) never go out to restaurants, to movies, to parties.. nothing, i want to actually do **** outside of my normal life cycle..

my life bores me.

Doesnt help that no one in my regional area wants to play Brawl with me >_> probably the most fun thing i have atm

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
This is why, once people turn 21, they tend to imbibe massive amounts of alcohol.

First of all, they can do it legit, second of all, they are incredibly depressed.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
LOL

Forget my depression, I'M 21 *****ES!!!

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
Play more smash =P

In all seriousness, I'm in a similar boat. I'm 21, I work minimum wage at a job that I do too much work than what I get paid for, I barely am able to pay rent, bills, and all that **** and I generally feel like I'm going nowhere. I guess how I deal with it is I realize that I've got another 60 years or so, assuming nothing bad happens to me, and that this is the time to find and figure out what I want to do. Society pushes people into thinking that by the end of high school that you're supposed to know exactly what you want to do for the rest of your life, and it just doesn't work that way. Use this time to really think on what you'd like to do, and try different things to find what you enjoy. Also get ****-cocked and play tons of smash, seriously, wicked fun.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Play more smash =P

In all seriousness, I'm in a similar boat. I'm 21, I work minimum wage at a job that I do too much work than what I get paid for, I barely am able to pay rent, bills, and all that **** and I generally feel like I'm going nowhere. I guess how I deal with it is I realize that I've got another 60 years or so, assuming nothing bad happens to me, and that this is the time to find and figure out what I want to do. Society pushes people into thinking that by the end of high school that you're supposed to know exactly what you want to do for the rest of your life, and it just doesn't work that way. Use this time to really think on what you'd like to do, and try different things to find what you enjoy. Also get ****-cocked and play tons of smash, seriously, wicked fun.
Answer to lyfe buddy. he knwos his ****

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was ****-faced drunk the moments before I turned 21...

It was during spring break and we went to the beach and had 2 days of drunkin' fun!

IC3R

Smash Lord
I'm somewhat scared of my 21st birthday, because I have some friends that would do some seriously stupid ****. Nothing like getting three foreign hookers in the mail, eh?

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Play more smash =P

Can I add to the society topic you posted?

Society sucks fu*king balls. As soon as you are out of High School, you automatically MUST move out, you MUST have a job, you MUST work so much that you never even have A MINUTES to stop. These are the "rules" that this society (uninitialized intentionally) have put over us. And if its not followed, you're a "no life", a "loser".

Why listen and care about people who can't think for themselves and must follow and depend on everything to survive anyway? Like I said to a friend, "Why care about someone that doesn't give a **** about you?"
So you don't have a job, no way of getting to school, no way of getting out to escape. Don't put yourself through so much pressure to live up to folly "rules". Don't even listen to them.

Its never too late to start. Just take things slowly, one day at a time. I can relate to part of this story, I haven't been able to get a job for 7 months due to its so hard to even get a call back these days and that I'm depending on the government for loans so I can go to school full time >_<
Basically, you're not a loser. You have a life. You make your life how you want it to be. If you want it be something that you can't even stop for 5 seconds because you're so busy, OK. If you want it to be where you are willing to step outside and explore, have fun (No drinking and driving, no drugs mind you, THEN you're a loser) and enjoy yourself, OK. You decide to chase a dream that is unusual that makes the world go "wtf?", DO IT! :)

You'll definitely get out of the rut, it may be rough but it can be done. Do whatever YOU want to, not what this society tells you to.

Oh, and happy 21st birthday =D

mzink*

Smash Ace
Can I add to the society topic you posted?

Society sucks fu*king balls. As soon as you are out of High School, you automatically MUST move out, you MUST have a job, you MUST work so much that you never even have A MINUTES to stop. These are the "rules" that this society (uninitialized intentionally) have put over us. And if its not followed, you're a "no life", a "loser".

Why listen and care about people who can't think for themselves and must follow and depend on everything to survive anyway? Like I said to a friend, "Why care about someone that doesn't give a **** about you?"
Don't put yourself through so much pressure to live up to folly "rules". Don't even listen to them.

You make your life how you want it to be. If you want it be something that you can't even stop for 5 seconds because you're so busy, OK. If you want it to be where you are willing to step outside and explore, have fun (No drinking and driving, no drugs mind you, THEN you're a loser) and enjoy yourself, OK. You decide to chase a dream that is unusual that makes the world go "wtf?", DO IT! :)

You'll definitely get out of the rut, it may be rough but it can be done. Do whatever YOU want to, not what this society tells you to.
Thanks I needed that :)

Top Bottom