• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

antd's Tool Assisted Videos - Super Falcon! Ultimate-Cancel Combo

Cort

Apple Head
Again, beautiful. I'm suprised how close it is to the actual record... But then again it's marth1 and Isai we're talking about.

ant-d

Smash Lord
You'd be surprised.

While I was working on someone's run, I posted at GFAQs in the BtP/BtT topic and marth1 spotted that I did something 1frame late by watching the unfinished/incomplete video on youtube.

That's crazy. :psycho:

I want a gamecube emulator with re-recording for Christmas.

ant-d

Smash Lord
Luigi DI Combo on Link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xapIYMImUU0

You can see Link's DI movement is less obvious in comparison with Jigglypuff's.

Luigi is almost good. His moves send Link just a little too far to combo without the DI.

BTW, even with DI Samus is hopeless.

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hnRDNOORyg
^Mario Ladder

I got this idea from reading MooseProduce's post about the Luigi Ladder (a technique in SSBM?). I figured I could Up+B and DI out and begin another Up+B. It works.

Cort

Apple Head
Beautiful. Poor Link's recovery... it's so pathetic.

That angle was also insane. The PK thunder came ridiculously close to saving Link, lol.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I think this was the most amazing TAS I've ever seen, and I visit the TAS speed run website quite frequently. Thank you so very much for posting this amazingly entertaining video.

ant-d

Smash Lord
D-air is good but Ness moves so slowly horizontally through the air most of the time the spike is impossible.

Nice to see Cort doesn't give his rep out to just anyone ;-)

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
nice videos, as always, ant-d.

i've got a question i've been meaning to ask you for a long, long time, but i keep forgetting. when you get knocked into the air, there's that period of time when you can't do anything because of the stun. to me, it seems like if you press r to do a neutral air, you can do it faster than if you just press a or try to jump. i mean it seems like you can recover from the stun more quickly using r as opposed to a. i'm not sure if this is true or if i'm just crazy. it doesn't make much sense from the programming aspect of the game, but i just want to make sure.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah, i had a feeling. maybe it's just the fact that your index finger has faster reflexes than your thumb.

ant-d

Smash Lord
I never use R to do aerial attacks.

Ness Baseball - Massive DI-
^http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jBBZk_7EWE

The charge shot is multiple times more powerful. More powerful hits = More DI.
As you can see, Ness can literally travel around the stage with his DI.

I made Ness travel to a pipe but there was no luck in making him go through it ^^

Cort

Apple Head
Haha, that was beautiful. Though I'm not even sure how the DI mechanics work in SSB. Is it the same as Smash DI in Melee?

It's strange when the Samus' try to interrupt Ness with a jab or a dair and he still flies away and completely ignores them. <_<;

ant-d

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jBBZk_7EWE

I don't know how SSBM Smash DI truly works.

Ness is almost "invincible" when he is in that frozen state.

The reason why the jab or dair didn't effect Ness is because it hit him in the frozen state. It would need to make contact after that state, but it's impossible to hit him!

If you have good eyes then you will see that the Samus on the left performs a D-air on Ness. It makes contact (well normally since the hit box clearly hits him) but doesn't effect him whatsoever.

It's here:

This is a hit, the hit box is greater than Samus' arm. Much greater in fact.

This is because there is a slight period of invincibility where no matter what, it is impossible to hit the character as they fly to their death. This only happens with extremely powerful moves. The period of invincibility ends quickly, but because powerful moves send the character so fast they die before their invincibility ends.

It's not really invincibility... I just mean it is impossible to make contact with the character... They become like a ghost...

Cort

Apple Head
Smash DI in Melee is basically just during the stun frames of getting hit by an attack. You can input direction after direction during each one of the frames as long as they're 90 degrees away from each other on the control stick and you'll move that way...

ant-d should do more BtT/BtP! =D

ant-d

Smash Lord

The baseball explosion is big.

Seems the same but it doesn't have to be 90 degrees away in SSB. The greatest DI is attained by Sliding/Smashing (since neither exist in frame advance) slightly Up-Right then slightly Down-Right. That is of course if you want to DI to the right.

The best way is to actually take off the N64 controller limit (which is what I always do when I play using frame advance). Since this allows you to hit the analogue stick further than the controller allows. The effect of this is that I can choose characters faster and DI to the maximum amount the game allows.

I really like doing BtT/BtP. THEY ARE SO FRUSTRATINGLY LONG TO DO! I just don't have time right now. Lots of tests and assignments!!

Bonus stages take at least 10 hours to complete btw. Competing with marth1 and malva in BtT is always difficult.

Oh yeah your avatar is tricky, got me too.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Hahaha, the Ness bat thing was quite funny.
We need to get this stickied.
*Grrs at lack of moderation*

Mura

Smash Apprentice
Since Gideon doesn't seem to exist as our mod, maybe someone should petition the staff to make someone a moderator like Wenbobular or Ant-d?

ant-d

Smash Lord
Yes you can DI anytime you are hit.
You cannot stay submerged because it's impossible to effect the direction in which you are going to be hit. As you could see with the baseball video, Ness would always fly off Up+Left. DI just effects the 'frozen state'. It doesn't effect the trajectory of the attack itself.

I just tried what you said. The lava is very thin. Quite funny to see Luigi get sucked into the lava of death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4LoecRvyh0
DI under Planet Zebes

Note: In the Japanese version it is much harder to do this because of the reduced DI ^^

ant-d

Smash Lord
Here is the difference between the two versions:
[Luigi DI's the Falcon Punch as far as possible to the right]

Japanese:

American:

Clearly, the Japanese version has limited distance. So it is harder to get out of combos. The difference in distance is about the length of the platform on Hyrule Castle.
It may not look like a huge distance, but if you think about how fast one must be to DI like that then it's obvious the difference is big.

ant-d

Smash Lord
Nope, not the whole time.

When done perfectly, like in the video, there are 10 frames where Pika can be hit.
Those frames are during:
Fastfall from the ledge
The upwards jump
The very beginning frames of Up+B

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Lol. I invented that...or at least mentioned it somewhere. Ive tried doin it that fast but i never get the jump out fast enough so that when I press UpB, I go below. Did you time the jump and up Bs or did u jus do it that fast.

ant-d

Smash Lord
You will go below the stage if you do it too fast. You have to jump for a minimum of 7 frames before pressing Up+B, then Fast Fall perfectly as you grab the ledge.
It's beyond human limits to do it like the video >>

ant-d

Smash Lord
There is nothing truly random in a game. The only 'random' element is the player.

Since everything is calculated from user input, everything can be manipulated to occur.
This includes:
Random Stage Select
CPU attacks
Random Character Select
Items [including pokemon]
Actually, anything that is variable can be manipulated.

Edit: Lose momentum, what do you mean? Do you mean that you lose the forward momentum which you would have if you did a F-air, for example.

Thino

Smash Master
then it would be interesting to know those , especially for Pokemans , as its the only thing in ths game that seems unpredictable

ant-d

Smash Lord
It is only useful from a TAS point of view. The input for each pokemon will change for each different situation. Since there are many many possible situations, lets say 1million, it would mean remembering 1million input sequences for each given situation. This is including 2P's moves and such, so you would have to also control 2P.

So it is really useless from a non TAS point of view. It is completely situational. It would be impossible for me to make any worthwhile list.

In real-time all these elements seem random because you don't know what would have happened if you pressed something else.

Top Bottom