• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

antd's Tool Assisted Videos - Super Falcon! Ultimate-Cancel Combo

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
hmm thats pretty interesting
im jus wonderin, is there any way to find out how many button presses are required for the sequences to pick a stage?
because whenever i play with people (the same people everyday) the stage select does not seem to be random at all because 2-3 stages clearly appear much much more often than others.
I guess we're all very boring people who press the same buttons before a match starts :chuckle:

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
Oh man. Can Fox repeatedly shine Ness's PK Fire? Like:

Dramatis Personae:
- Fox
- Ness
- A 3rd character (we'll call them C3)

Fox stands there. Ness jumps far above Fox. C3 shorthops right above Fox, and Ness PK Fires C3. The pillar of flame starts to fall onto Fox, who repeatedly shine-cancel-reflects it (because the fire pillar has gravity, it should fall back down each time).

See if the pillar starts doing rediculous damage to C3. :D

Also, what if you had Ness and 3 Foxes, and Ness jumped and fired a PK Fire into the group of Foxes, who then tried to reflect the projectile around in a circle? Like... one fox would reflect it, another one would jump and reflect to the third one, who would have double jumped and be waiting in the spot where the projectile is going, and thus reflect it back to Fox #1, etc...

The DIing underneath the lava was pretty swank. :D

ant-d

Smash Lord
Oh man. Can Fox repeatedly shine Ness's PK Fire? Like:

Dramatis Personae:
- Fox
- Ness
- A 3rd character (we'll call them C3)

Fox stands there. Ness jumps far above Fox. C3 shorthops right above Fox, and Ness PK Fires C3. The pillar of flame starts to fall onto Fox, who repeatedly shine-cancel-reflects it (because the fire pillar has gravity, it should fall back down each time).

See if the pillar starts doing rediculous damage to C3. :D

Also, what if you had Ness and 3 Foxes, and Ness jumped and fired a PK Fire into the group of Foxes, who then tried to reflect the projectile around in a circle? Like... one fox would reflect it, another one would jump and reflect to the third one, who would have double jumped and be waiting in the spot where the projectile is going, and thus reflect it back to Fox #1, etc...

The DIing underneath the lava was pretty swank. :D
I'll try this out.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
I know it's there, which is why I put "At least, not in the first page". I was just telling him that he hasn't put it on the first page, in case he didn't notice.

Xelyst

-_-
goood **** , omg these vids **** xD i didnt think combos would elevate tosuch a high level lol

rokimomi

Smash Lord
K, in strategy or execution. Cuz i can barely notice places where he messed up. Probly the ones where metal mario jumped off and master hand maybe. I also noticed u drilled then shined link.
probly somethin there too.

Anyone know the original author. I remember a post but it was not by the author of this vid.

ant-d

Smash Lord
In every way. It's not fully optimised.

If you aren't familiar with optimised movements then you will not notice where he slows down or makes a bad decision.
Also, there are techniques that were not known when he made that run.

Yes I 'know' the guy who made it.

comicalflop

Smash Cadet
Hm, I see ur doin the fox 1P challenge. Are you using the original as a reference or is it on your own entirely?
The original I assume being the 7:09 no damage clear with Fox by nico?

yes it can be vastly optimized, plus the introduction of new techniques plus a 2nd controller for luck manipulation will be huge.

Also look for the High Score TAS that I'm starting.

comicalflop

Smash Cadet
that kirby dude (thespychoticworm), antd and I are working together to make sure that happens. he got 2.35 mil, he's currently trying to beat his record to find more stuff that's improveable, and posting the results for me to implement and beat his record.

ant-d

Smash Lord
Comicalflop,

tasvideos.org is not working for me again... whatever...

In the chance that you come here;

I'm up to Giant DK now.

Vs Pikachu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMoIkYtA8bg

I'm faster than nico by 331 frames up to the beginning of Giant DK fight. I could finish this run tonight ^_~ but I have to study so I'll post on tasvideos when it comes back up =P

Edit: The slide is used to evade electrode's blast... The slide is used to save time in every match except BtT and Giant DK.

comicalflop

Smash Cadet
that's weird that TASvideos is not working... it's working fine for me. what isn't working is uploading my vs. Link stage to youtube, it's been processing for way too long...

up to DK? 0_0 6 full seconds vs. nico so far, I definetly thought when I first saw it that his run was only improvable in the BtP and Metal Mario fight, but **** does optimization and that Fox slide save time!

I just finished Fox and got 4:52, beating psychoticworm's by 1 second, so I'm proud about that, I'll try to get that on youtube and TASvideos soon.

You avoid electrode's blast? HAHA I gotta see that!

I can see that you could finish by tonight... but yeah you should study, and be sure to not make them incredibly fast because nico made his first vid in 7 hours. Plus, wait up a little! I need some in between making my own vid and reviewing your run to see if both of ours is perfect..

Keep up the good work!

ant-d

Smash Lord
I think TASvideos.org has international routing issues. Sometimes I can get on, other times I cant. Even if I use a different computer here...

Youtube is also being slow with processing... You may have to remove your video and re-upload it. That's what I had to do with my recent WIPs.

Yes, I took mine and his time up to Giant DK. I am 331 frames ahead. I think Yo****eam, Mario Bros and Pika make the run more entertaining than nico's so far.
I wont be working on anymore until Thursday, as that is the day of my test.

I'm looking forward to vs Samus. I think that's the only time I can mess about somewhat ^^;

comicalflop

Smash Cadet
yeah, I'll reupload my Link fight, see if that works. you're definetly right, you've improved the entertainment by a lot.

I have finals coming up but not yet, so by thrusday I might have caught up to you, but I doubt it because I have to do the BtT, Mario Bros., and Pikachu, and that's 2 out of 3 VERY difficult High Score levels.

I'm on the Kirby BtT, any tips on how to TAS those? I have a world record video of 14:50", and I notice a few optimizations that I can use to drastically reduce that time... how difficult is TASing the bonus games as compared to normal fights? any tips/suggestions?

vs. Samus is going to be fun. I wonder if you can force an opponent to DI and therefore a through the plasma might be possible (though if they can;t, then I guess not.) I'm sure with the slide you'll definetly be able to juggle Samus around and easily beat nico's time... nico had the right idea, but the fight was WAY unoptimized.

ant-d

Smash Lord
Kirby WR is :

14"09 Kirby- malva00

Good luck ;-)

Go to GameFAQS BtP/BtT Topic for help. I haven't done Kirby's. You will need to go through the world record video (post in that topic for a link to the vid).

Bonus Stages are the hardest thing to TAS in this game. WAY WAY harder than anything else I've done in this game. You will have to go through the WR video and copy (optimise) each step.

The CPU can't DI well enough to suicide through the lava. Yes, I have some ideas for Samus.

comicalflop

Smash Cadet
That website, on the first page links to the Japanese site, which lists the Kirby BtT as 14"50. A 0"41 difference doesn't sound too huge, but I have the route from the 14"50, and I notice many TAS optimizations that can be made so I think I got it. Hehe I'll probably spend all of tomorrow doing BtT if it's as hard as you describe- but I promise I'll make it perfect.

What Samus strategies are you cooking up? remember there's still Kirby team before that that you have to consider, although that fight should end up mostly like the Yoshi fight unless you find a faster way to do it.

ant-d

Smash Lord
The Japanese site is outdated. On the first page it has the new WR times.

0.4x is huge.

You shouldn't watch that old video ^^ There could be a new strat for the current WR.
Those optimisations have probably been made in the new WR.

Kirby Team should be straight forward like Yoshi Team.

I will play around with combos for Samus.

comicalflop

Smash Cadet
Ok I have both videos, the 14"50 and 14"09, so the best of both will be incorporated.

and of course, any faster optimizations that I find will be used.

comicalflop

Smash Cadet
I just finished a test run, but it's hard to find actual in game-timer because it goes from 2:00 down to 0:00, without showing hundreths of a second. So, since I'm using an emulator I have to use the frame count to figure out how long it is.

My test run: 1:46

frames: 870, 14.5 seconds
so I'm behind by .43 seconds, or 26 frames.

Do you have the 14:07 video that I could download?

I'm not using the japanese version, so that's not needed.

would using the start glitch to have a time of 0:00, which would net me more points, be considered bad since I imagine it must detract from the gameplay/entertainment?

ant-d

Smash Lord
I have not tried getting 0:00 but I see no reason why you cannot by pressing start.

It would not be entertaining at all imo. And there's no way the judges would accept it that's for sure ^^;

That reminds me, I could do the Japanese version of the BtP's I've already done for US version....

comicalflop

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm going to avoid the start glitch since it'd detract from the entertainment by a lot.

that sounds like a good idea, but you should definetly finish the Fox fastest before you try more BtT and BtP... and once we submit, we should ask Bisqwit if we can make a joint run of start from savestate playing the game 3rd time around to unlock 3rd character, then play all the BtT, unlock last character, then do BtP.

14"50 Kirby BtT by my test run, can you view it to see if you can find a way to save 27 frames?

ant-d

Smash Lord
I commented at Tasvideos. We'll quickly clog up this forum otherwise ^^;
Be careful to see which jumps marth1 uses.... optimise landing and jumping so that you are in the air for the least amount of time.
You should stay horizontally in the air for as little as possible. Running is always faster...

I can't remember everything..

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Hey ant-d, you posted somewhere about being able to push the control stick past the limit...how?

comicalflop

Smash Cadet
in the emulator you can set the analog stick range from 63% to 100%, which is replicable on the console by modifying the N64 controller by removing the plastic rubber thingy that's at the base of the stick. It allows for the stick to be pushed further, resulting in more speed. There's a whole argument about it on TASvideos, but the general consesus is leave it at 63% since the speed increase is not too great, is technically cheating, and removes precision.

hehe, just got a 2 second Pikachu fight :p

comicalflop

Smash Cadet
Thought I'd mention this here, since antd posts his bonus TASes here... while doing my high score run I got 30"33 on Kirby BtP, which beats the world record by 0"10. It's in-game timer of 1:30 so visually isn't provable, only by frame counter.

here's the .m64 for anyone that wants to confirm/see:
http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/3035/ssbhighscore-comicalflopv4.m64
I can get a youtube up later.

Cort

Apple Head
The latest Ness vs Pikachu TAS was simply amazing. Ness might have the most potential for best in the game at this level of play...

smashbro

Smash Apprentice
"In every way. It's not fully optimised. "

i guess i missed more than i thought. i just don't understand how you can throw the word "optimised" around like that. your run now is "optimised" in the same sense my run was "optimised" when i did it. you're surely not claiming that your run cannot be improved further.

Top Bottom